BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Waoooww!! You wake up and see more approvals from CSC!!!

Congratulations to all the recent approvals!!! :dance::dance:

Sunnybear, keep going with a positive attitude..... your turn must come soon!! :)

and congrats on your 2nd interivew!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D HUUUUGE congratulations to Alet & Cesar, Jereon and Michelle and Thomas & Michelle! :dance: :dance: :dance:

sunny - now that Jereon has been approved all of my good wishes can be concentrated on you next!

Rachel, we went from that intimate beachside wedding to the big 'to-do' with hundreds of people because Russell's family decided they would fly up from NZ to see us married. It actually weighed pretty heavily on us because it's not what either of us wanted but we were willing to adjust our plans to accomodate them. BUT, after a long talk with his family this weekend, we've decided on the intimate ceremony now and promised a big blow out next spring when airfare is cheaper for them (it's extremely expensive to fly to/from nz) and after we have more time to plan/save..etc. We are quite happy about this as you can imagine!

Even though it was a tad frustrating to me, the way I saw it at the time was how much they must love him to want to be there! I'm sure Alex's family feels the same. They want to share in his/your joy and celebrate your new lives together. Still, I couldn't help but worry about when, where and how we'd pay for it so soon after his arrival. I hope it all sorts itself out for you and that you find the day magical regardless of how it's done.

Thanks Kim! Yes; that's how I was viewing it, as a compliment that his family would want to be there. As it is we may be going back to the intimate ceremony anyway - Alex couldn't book the venue after all. I think we just haven't given enough notice. His family get together every Christmas anyway so they can always wish us well then.

Even though I agree with the bolded sentence, I don't think you should let them decide everything for you. This is your wedding, not Alex's parents' wedding. Of course, don't tell them: "No, it's not what we want, we want the informal backyard wedding and you can't change that". But you should tell them that you don't feel comfortable with this big formal wedding. If you talk together, you can try to compromise. ok for inviting that many people but not ok to have the big dancing thing.

You just can't let them plan everything. You are going to feel like a doll that can't say anything, placed in the middle of a ceremony orchestrated by somebody else.

Talk with them.

You are right; I have been e-mailing his mother but could still probably be a little more proactive. Sometimes I do want to help and sort things out and other times I feel like I just don't care and want to leave it all up to them - but then I can't complain when things aren't what I'd like.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Thanks all you guys :D ..im having a big :D on my face ever since I got the approval (that and black eyes from the lack of sleep from last night lol)

Jereon

lol... take another looksie ;)

Haha :lol:

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Haha - whoops! How embarrassing, I've been spelling it wrong all this time. :blush: I'm usually really careful to try and get names right, too!

I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night and it's filmed almost entirely in Hawaii and so I was thinking of you! I must admit I was feeling a little envious!

Alex has switched from an evening/night shift to a day shift. This means I get to talk to him less often, but hopefully if the schedule sticks it'll be a lot better for when I'm actually in the US.

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello evrybody, Congartulations to all the new approvals from CSC:) our case was touched 05/06/2008 , aww,hope it's a sign of approval...we filed since December, NOA1 issued only on the 1st February, so we are lost between decemeber january and februday filers....

hello evrybody, Congartulations to all the new approvals from CSC:) our case was touched 05/06/2008 , aww,hope it's a sign of approval...we filed since December, NOA1 issued only on the 1st February, so we are lost between decemeber january and februday filers....

I hope it's a sign of approval too! My touch was. :) At the very least you know that your petition isn't lost.

And that just means you can post in all three December, January and February filer threads! :dance:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

CONGRATS Thomas and Michelle! Nice to wake and see another approval!

Thank you everyone that is gonna send their positive vibes our way now haha! We NEED it!!! Hope lots more approvals today and tomorrow!!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

congrats on your 2nd interview sunny. hopefully we'll be congratulating you for your noa2 before the weekend! crossfingers.gif

Rachel, i'm glad you're not stressing about the 'ceremony'. That was pretty much my point I suppose. Although it's an important day... in the big scheme of things.. it's still just a day! ;) We're pretty happy that we dont need to stress out about throwing something together at the last minute now and we can focus on what all of this is really about...US. Yet, we still get our big 'to-do' and can celebrate with both families in the near future...just not that near! ;) I hope it works out the same for you! Whatever you do, it will be special because it will be about the two of you. :)

it's so nice to see csc moving again! I hope they keep it up!

timeline.jpg

WOW!!! Raining APPROVALS here!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN RECENTLY APPROVED!!!10.gif10.gif10.gif10.gif10.gif

Sunnybear, good luck on your coming interview and may you also get good news on NOA2 soonest... May all the rest of those who are still waiting receive the good news soonest. :thumbs:

Edited by dbears

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Big congratulations to all the approved! Wow, three couples in a short period. That is soooooo cool! WOOHOOO!!!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Sunny - Good luck on your interview next Tuesday. I'll be sending you lots of good vibes :)

CSC - Keep going guys, you're on the right track. Keep them approvals coming! :thumbs:

Good morning everyone! I love waking up to see all those approvals! I finally got under 100...I'm currently #99 on Igor's. :D Keep going CSC!!

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Haha - whoops! How embarrassing, I've been spelling it wrong all this time. :blush: I'm usually really careful to try and get names right, too!

I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night and it's filmed almost entirely in Hawaii and so I was thinking of you! I must admit I was feeling a little envious!

Alex has switched from an evening/night shift to a day shift. This means I get to talk to him less often, but hopefully if the schedule sticks it'll be a lot better for when I'm actually in the US.

Haha no worries, it is like irl with my name, everyone has a hard time pronouncing it when they're not Dutch lol.

Hmm.. I don't know the movie but will ask Michelle about it, she might know it. And yeah, can imagine, I really think it is paradise on earth. But, who knows, it is only a short flight (well, about 5 hrs.. lol.. and thats the shortest trip to any mainland from Hawaii haha) so you might actually go there as well some day ;)

I agree, it is better for him to have a day shift when you're around, that way you will see him in the evenings and nights ;)

Big chance it is an approval indeed.. usually with CSC the touches are approvals :yes: I'll send some positive vibes to your approval... btw, for myself, I didn't get a touch, it just happened to me so I really didn't expect it.

CONGRATS Thomas and Michelle! Nice to wake and see another approval!

Thank you everyone that is gonna send their positive vibes our way now haha! We NEED it!!! Hope lots more approvals today and tomorrow!!!!

No worries sunnybear.. I am pretty sure yours must be around the corner too!! I'll send you some positive vibes as well.. I have lots to spare right now :D

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Haha no worries, it is like irl with my name, everyone has a hard time pronouncing it when they're not Dutch lol.

But, who knows, it is only a short flight (well, about 5 hrs.. lol.. and thats the shortest trip to any mainland from Hawaii haha) so you might actually go there as well some day ;)

That's the same for me, it seems that people (who are not French) can't spell my name properly... they can usually do quite good with the pronounciation though.

Bryan and I started talking about our honeymoon a few days ago, and we're been thinking about going to Hawaii! Right now it's only a dream, it's not going to happen anytime soon (not until next year), but it seems like the best destination in the USA :D

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

But, who knows, it is only a short flight (well, about 5 hrs.. lol.. and thats the shortest trip to any mainland from Hawaii haha) so you might actually go there as well some day ;)

That's the same for me, it seems that people (who are not French) can't spell my name properly... they can usually do quite good with the pronounciation though.

Bryan and I started talking about our honeymoon a few days ago, and we're been thinking about going to Hawaii! Right now it's only a dream, it's not going to happen anytime soon (not until next year), but it seems like the best destination in the USA :D

We're thinking about Hawaii or California...my Aunt volunteered to use her Hilton points (she has millions because she travels for work so much) to pay for any Hilton resort we want to stay at. There is one in CA that is on the beach, but also about 30 minutes from Disneyland...so we could go to the theme parks for a day or two. (It's the Huntington Beach Hilton, for anyone who knows of it.) I can't wait for our honeymoon!! :D

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats to you Jeroene and Michelle and to all those who got their approvals!

i hope ours will drop by my fiance's mailbox pretty soon..or better be received by him through email..

these newly approved couples got the same timeline as ours...

i hope we'll get ours today or next week.

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.