Jakey-Matey

Work permit

4 posts in this topic

Hey all.

I am travelling to the US soon and I need to work A.S.A.P

I remember reading on here that you can get a work permit through JFK airport, is this the only airport you can get a work permit through?

Can you get a work permit through other airports, E.G. Cincinatti.

And can you get a immediate work permit anywhere else besides an airport?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------

I-129F Process:

2007/06/26 - I-129F Petition sent to Nebraska service center

2007/07/03 - NOA1 Hard Copy, and notification that it has been forwarded to the California Service center

2007/07/10 - Touch

2007/11/20 - Approved - NOA2

2007/12/13 - Petition received at the NVC

2007/12/22 - Hardcopy of notice that the petition has now been forwarded to the US Embassy in London.

2008/01/05 - Received Packet from US Embassy.

2008/01/11 - Medical examination

2008/01/16 - Received Police Clearance Record

2008/01/16 - Sent back out Packet to the US Embassy.

2008/02/26 - INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!

2008/05/08 - Married!!!!

I-485/I-765 Process:

2008/05/22 - Sent out adjustment of status package.

2008/06/05 - Package sent back due to wrong address

2008/06/06 - Sent package back out

2008/06/11 - Pending notices received

2008/06/17 - Appointment notice received

2008/06/26 - Biometrics appointment - Appointment successful

2008/??/?? - RFE - Sponsor did not fill out I-864

2008/08/12 - RFE sent back out

2008/11/12 - Service request in effect.

2008/12/03 - No news on if they received my case back (RFE), no news on my EAD or AOS. Starting to get severely annoyed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The work permit (EAD) you are talking about is temporary and only valid for 90 days.

JFK seems to be the only airport where you can get one.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

JFK is the only POE that many report getting EAD stamp at and they are not obligated to provide the stamp and can discontinue at any time.

Keep in mind K-1 is not a work visa it is a marriage visa.

K-1 is "Work Auth" primarily to be able to get the SSN, some states are strict in their interpretation of a federal law that requires persons applying for a "license" to have SSN, this can cause a problem with marriage license if only one person has SSN and the other (the K-1 holder) does not. So if trying to get SSN after marriage using only the K-1 and marriage cert, you may run into some resistance at the SSA office.

FAQ:

5.5)...Is there any way I can make absolutely, positively sure that my fiance(e) will receive work authorization so that they can go to work and help to pay the bills right away?

A..No.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-enter.html#5.5

If you want guaranteed work authorization upon entry to the USA you need to marry first and apply for a true immigrant visa (CR-1), that visa generates a temp green-card immediately upon entry to the USA, the green-card allows work.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Greece
Timeline

There are 3 "tracks" to take if you're interested to work, make money, and start a business from your home while you're waiting for your social security card or work permit.

Track ONE is you can look for another business other than this one.

Track TWO is when you can become an RTA (Referring Travel Agent) with YTB Travel Network when you enter the country. You can start a career from your home that puts you IN one of the travel businesses. Your US citizen spouse/fiance will be the primary contact on the application (as a social security is required for tax purposes to report income) and you work the travel business (not your spouse) as a secondary while you're waiting for your paperwork. It doesn't matter who works the business (primary or secondary) as long as you sell travel or travel agencies. When you receive the green card, you can continue to work this business to supplement your income. You can plan to work one hour a week or 80. You can plan to save money on just your own travel. Or you can plan to make money on the travel of a small circle of friends, or the travel of everyone in your neighborhood, town, county, or region. You can plan to earn money in a part-time travel business or you can set your sights on a full-time annual income of over $50,000 or a six digit income. It's all doable and it's all up to you! Like any occupation you must have that "burning desire" to win and to get ahead and love your work. RTAs book travel and travel related products utilizing their private label internet online travel website licensed to them by YTB. RTAs earn 60% of the travel commissions received by YTB. Travel commissions become earned when the customer's travel is completed, not upon customer booking or payment. For more information, go to http://travel.meetup.com/1071/ or http://www.ytb.com/RationalTravel

Example Compensation Plan:

$1200 Cost of Cruise x 10 passengers = $12,000.00 x 15%

agency commission = $ 1,800.00 $1,800 agency commission x 60%

(Referral Agent Commission) = $1,080.00

$1080.00 Earned Commission To Agent

$1200.00 Free Cruise Value (Cruise Lines or tour companies often give the travel agency a "gratis" berth for every 10th or 15th paying passenger)

$2280.00 Total Earnings to Agent for just five couples

Track THREE, stay HOME and WAIT until the permanent EAD arrives in the mail (not the EAD that expires in 90 days-if you apply for it when you enter the country).

The three "tracks" I mention are fact. It's up to you to make that choice. How do I know? I used to be in the same situation that you're in right now! It took 8 months to receive the work permit.

Best wishes!

Edited by TravelAgent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.