MIS

Administrative Process;

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Administrative Process;

My wife (Iranian citizen) had her interview on 12/16/07. After 3 interviews with 2 different officers; we were told our case is complete - got the blue sheet without requiring any add’l documents- and the embassy needs add’l time for administrative process and to look up our case number for approval on the embassy website. My wife is employed by a university that is part of government.

My question; is this process only for security clearance for my wife, or there are other issues? It has been over 2 ½ months since our interview. Has anyone gone thru this process?

Filed: Timeline
Administrative Process;

My wife (Iranian citizen) had her interview on 12/16/07. After 3 interviews with 2 different officers; we were told our case is complete - got the blue sheet without requiring any add’l documents- and the embassy needs add’l time for administrative process and to look up our case number for approval on the embassy website. My wife is employed by a university that is part of government.

My question; is this process only for security clearance for my wife, or there are other issues? It has been over 2 ½ months since our interview. Has anyone gone thru this process?

brother my interview was on march 28 2007 and today is feb 27 2008 guess what i am getting nuts so pray to God this is what we can do

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
brother my interview was on march 28 2007 and today is feb 27 2008 guess what i am getting nuts so pray to God this is what we can do

Chaingang - out of curiosity, where was your interview? Any idea why it has taken so long, was it a security check?

I hope everything works out for both of you :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

All applicants coming to the USA have to have AP that are CR-1 applicants. This process does take time and depending on the embassy, your job, your education, as well as other factors determine which security checks that are run on your case. There are so many checks and each one that is requested must come back clear and all be clear at the same time before a visa can be ajudicated. Some checks are only valid for 3 months so that is why sometimes you end up staying in AP for some time. A name hit can also make the process take longer since they will have to verify if you are the person that had a name hit is signaling or someone else. In our case my husband was in AP from December 2005 until May 2006 and it is dark abyss. Take your journey one day at a time and may your AP be finalized soon.

Mary

Administrative Process;

My wife (Iranian citizen) had her interview on 12/16/07. After 3 interviews with 2 different officers; we were told our case is complete - got the blue sheet without requiring any add'l documents- and the embassy needs add'l time for administrative process and to look up our case number for approval on the embassy website. My wife is employed by a university that is part of government.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

All applicants coming to the USA have to have AP that are CR-1 applicants. This process does take time and depending on the embassy, your job, your education, as well as other factors determine which security checks that are run on your case. There are so many checks and each one that is requested must come back clear and all be clear at the same time before a visa can be ajudicated. Some checks are only valid for 3 months so that is why sometimes you end up staying in AP for some time. A name hit can also make the process take longer since they will have to verify if you are the person that had a name hit is signaling or someone else. In our case my husband was in AP from December 2005 until May 2006 and it is dark abyss. Take your journey one day at a time and may your AP be finalized soon.

Mary

Administrative Process;

My wife (Iranian citizen) had her interview on 12/16/07. After 3 interviews with 2 different officers; we were told our case is complete - got the blue sheet without requiring any add'l documents- and the embassy needs add'l time for administrative process and to look up our case number for approval on the embassy website. My wife is employed by a university that is part of government.

MIS, Mary is right. She knows very well about AP/AR. Just continue to be patient.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Administrative Process;

It is standard procedure.

Security checks are based on the following:

1) Applicant's country of origin (Iranians face extra scrutiny by virtue of their country of birth)

2) Education or profession (any education or profession that can have a military/defense implications will warrent a TAL check and something called Visa Mantis. TAL stands for Techonology Alert List

3) Name checks, facial recognition checks

Add to the mix...bureaucracy of the government aqencies doing the checks.....

It can be anywhere from 1 month to 12 months waiting. Average time DOS said is 6 to 8 months waiting for all this AP to be done.

Timeline
Administrative Process;

It is standard procedure.

Security checks are based on the following:

1) Applicant's country of origin (Iranians face extra scrutiny by virtue of their country of birth)

2) Education or profession (any education or profession that can have a military/defense implications will warrent a TAL check and something called Visa Mantis. TAL stands for Techonology Alert List

3) Name checks, facial recognition checks

Good News, wife got approved af 2 1/2 months. It seems like if the applicant is a female, the security check is shorter. Do not waste your time calling DOS, I caaled them twice last night and both time were told the process is not completed. Good luck to to all of you.

Add to the mix...bureaucracy of the government aqencies doing the checks.....

It can be anywhere from 1 month to 12 months waiting. Average time DOS said is 6 to 8 months waiting for all this AP to be done.

Timeline

Wife case got approved yesterday after 2 1/2 months. I guess female appicants get approval faster. Do not bother calling DOS, I called yeterday mornning and were told we ar still on hold and 12 hours later the embassy website updated with our case. Good luck to all of you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.