nicole/philip

VISA APPROVED!!! BOOYAH!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys,

i or we just want to let everybody in this great site know that we got approved earlier today. i hope everything goes well for all upcoming interviews. my experience was pretty much almost the same as the other posts here about manila interviews (where to go and what to do). i gave the pre-screener the required proofs (b/c, affidavit of support, mails, emails, chat logs, etc.). but she never asked for my cenomar and the more recent letter of intent to marry. i think the letter of intent is not really a requirement as it was not listed on the packet 4 that i got at SLEC. even the cenomar note was not there. she didn't take the two (2) passport photos that i have with me. i guess the ones that i gave SLEC during my medical is what they'll use instead (i saw them in my file at the pre-screener's desk). anyways, interview was easy. i was asked just a few questions. the CO was an older nice lady. she didn't even look at the other proofs that i submitted except for the 14 pictures that i have pasted in regular typewriting paper and labelled w/ dates and places/events. after a casual quick chat she then hand me back my letters, pictures and other stuff then said "you're approved". im glad that was over! i went outside for my name to be called at window 38 and the guy handed me my pink slip. then off i went to pay for the delivery fee. btw, nobody asked me if i paid for the document verification fee (which i already did a few days before interview). although i did fax a copy of the receipt (as per the manila K1 guide by sheriff uling) to the embassy before interview day. anyways, that was it for my interview. i hope to get my passport AND visa soon so i can get the next available flight out of here to be with my fiancee! goodluck and thanks everyone for all the advice and support.

philip

btw, i also meant to ask those who already had their interviews and visas, did they take your more recent letter of intent to marry? they didn't take mine. thanks again.

CONGRATS FOR THE APPROVAL & thanks for sharing. :)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

Congrats!!!! :dance:

Hello Everyone. Finally go reunited with my fiance and now husband. We are soo happy.... After 2 years since we filed 7/28/07 we received our visa on August 4, 2009... don't give up. if you know USEM is wrong fight for it... We did...

Timeline
hi guys,

i or we just want to let everybody in this great site know that we got approved earlier today. i hope everything goes well for all upcoming interviews. my experience was pretty much almost the same as the other posts here about manila interviews (where to go and what to do). i gave the pre-screener the required proofs (b/c, affidavit of support, mails, emails, chat logs, etc.). but she never asked for my cenomar and the more recent letter of intent to marry. i think the letter of intent is not really a requirement as it was not listed on the packet 4 that i got at SLEC. even the cenomar note was not there. she didn't take the two (2) passport photos that i have with me. i guess the ones that i gave SLEC during my medical is what they'll use instead (i saw them in my file at the pre-screener's desk). anyways, interview was easy. i was asked just a few questions. the CO was an older nice lady. she didn't even look at the other proofs that i submitted except for the 14 pictures that i have pasted in regular typewriting paper and labelled w/ dates and places/events. after a casual quick chat she then hand me back my letters, pictures and other stuff then said "you're approved". im glad that was over! i went outside for my name to be called at window 38 and the guy handed me my pink slip. then off i went to pay for the delivery fee. btw, nobody asked me if i paid for the document verification fee (which i already did a few days before interview). although i did fax a copy of the receipt (as per the manila K1 guide by sheriff uling) to the embassy before interview day. anyways, that was it for my interview. i hope to get my passport AND visa soon so i can get the next available flight out of here to be with my fiancee! goodluck and thanks everyone for all the advice and support.

philip

btw, i also meant to ask those who already had their interviews and visas, did they take your more recent letter of intent to marry? they didn't take mine. thanks again.

i also forgot to ask, what about the two passport size photos? i would hate to get a notice saying they need them.

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance:

...dont worry abt the letter of intent to marry and passport size photos if they need it they will tell u during ur interview. Just be patient waiting for ur visa and spend ur remaining time to ur family, for sure when u get here in US you will miss them.

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Timeline
Congratulations!!! :dance::dance:

...dont worry abt the letter of intent to marry and passport size photos if they need it they will tell u during ur interview. Just be patient waiting for ur visa and spend ur remaining time to ur family, for sure when u get here in US you will miss them.

thanks everybody for the congrats. i will hardly miss my family because all of them live in the US right now :lol: i will spend some time w/ old friends though.

philip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.