dillydally

someone please explain this to me...

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I remember a whole back a member nouna said she found out that there are only a certain amount of visas that can be issued each month and that there is a stack of passports waiting their turn. I forget how many she said...maybe 300? Anyways I bet that is what is keeping it so long. Congratulations on being out of AP!!! I'd be screaming and over the moon if I were you!!! :dance::dance:

Oh certainly. Have you ever seen a US Immigrant visa?

It's like this thing they attach to the passport with epoxy - takes up an entire page ... probably has some kind of radio transmitter built into it, a million security features, embossed graphics, holograms, and it's technicolor too!

It's like a little work of engineering going on there.

( Of course you know, I'm exaggerating ... but, it's a complex little beast - I don't doubt that they have limited quantity on-hand at the embassy. )

:lol::lol::lol::thumbs:

SandyNJack, It's like they can't resist twisting the knife a little bit more before they say good bye to your file.

They are killing me Naggy, I am not getting any sleep these days. I keep thinking they are gonna stamp it with a black ball or even send it back with nothing just for laughs.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

SandyNJack,

I believe you will get it, but when is a different story. Just hang tight and put those fears back where they belong....in the pit of hell !

F alse

E vidence

A ppearing

R eal

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
SandyNJack,

I believe you will get it, but when is a different story. Just hang tight and put those fears back where they belong....in the pit of hell !

F alse

E vidence

A ppearing

R eal

Thank you Naggy!

I am trying to Keep it together, keep it together, keep it together.

Did you ever see that movei "Bowfinger"? It is stupid but I love it. lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hey habibty...i've been thinking about you so much lately!!! why is cairo sooooooooooooooooo slow?!?!?!...seriously!!! they're driving ME crazy!!! i feel like going over there!! haha...i don't understand, WHY would they give you an estimate and then take their sweet ol' time issuing it??

i'm praying for you, babe!!! rabbina yegma3ko 3ala khair fe a2rab wa2t!!

(F)(L)(F)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Timeline
SandyNJack,

F alse

E vidence

A ppearing

R eal

Thank you Naggy!

I am trying to Keep it together, keep it together, keep it together.

Did you ever see that movei "Bowfinger"? It is stupid but I love it. lol

No, I stopped watching movies and television about 2 years ago. It just makes me so nervous.

Time to start polishing up those dancing shoes. Your visa is coming !

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
hey habibty...i've been thinking about you so much lately!!! why is cairo sooooooooooooooooo slow?!?!?!...seriously!!! they're driving ME crazy!!! i feel like going over there!! haha...i don't understand, WHY would they give you an estimate and then take their sweet ol' time issuing it??

i'm praying for you, babe!!! rabbina yegma3ko 3ala khair fe a2rab wa2t!!

(F)(L)(F)

:cry::cry:

I just contacted my congressman's office again. The last time I spoke with the woman who deals with visas she said call me in 2 months if you still don't have it. Well it's 2 months and we still don't have it. When I think of the stress it took to get the letter from my Rheumatologist all for nothing I could spit. I think they interviewer from hell stamped our file "take a loooong time so that they'll fight a lot over nothing and hopefully break up so we won't have to issue the visa because I don't like this man".

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Sorry to hear your news, Bridget. Why do we set ourselves up only to be let down? All I know is they can't keep our files on hold forever. Better days are ahead. We must keep telling ourselves that and really, really believe it.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

this too shall pass...it will take forever...but this too shall pass inshAllah and we will all be reunited with our loved ones soon :) if not...well I will vent until then...good luck to everyone :D and thanks for the support :)

this too shall pass....

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

Timeline
this too shall pass...it will take forever...but this too shall pass inshAllah and we will all be reunited with our loved ones soon :) if not...well I will vent until then...good luck to everyone :D and thanks for the support :)

this too shall pass....

I keep trying to slow down so it will pass me Dilly! :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:cry::cry:

I just contacted my congressman's office again. The last time I spoke with the woman who deals with visas she said call me in 2 months if you still don't have it. Well it's 2 months and we still don't have it. When I think of the stress it took to get the letter from my Rheumatologist all for nothing I could spit. I think they interviewer from hell stamped our file "take a loooong time so that they'll fight a lot over nothing and hopefully break up so we won't have to issue the visa because I don't like this man".

bighug.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

This was explained to me by a lady at DOS (which means it may or may not be accurate).

All the clearances are done by computer. It is possible to be cleared then if a name is added to the "bad person" database which is similar to your SOs name it automatically puts them back on the not cleared list. It is not a person doing this it is all done by the computer. And since they remove all the vowels from the names it makes it even more common for false hits to occur

She did state that at some point (unknown when) they would clear the name manually and prevent anymore kickbacks for name matches.

How many years in AP it takes for this to happen she would not say.

So maybe, eventually, they will realize your SO is not evil and release his visa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
This was explained to me by a lady at DOS (which means it may or may not be accurate).

All the clearances are done by computer. It is possible to be cleared then if a name is added to the "bad person" database which is similar to your SOs name it automatically puts them back on the not cleared list. It is not a person doing this it is all done by the computer. And since they remove all the vowels from the names it makes it even more common for false hits to occur

She did state that at some point (unknown when) they would clear the name manually and prevent anymore kickbacks for name matches.

How many years in AP it takes for this to happen she would not say.

So maybe, eventually, they will realize your SO is not evil and release his visa

That is true for those hung up on security checks but I'll bet my last nickel that DillyDally's case is held up because Cairo is just too busy to get to it. AP in Cairo is for the most part due to Cairo's inefficiencies caused per my congressman's office by understaffing issues.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

And yet they try to be so efficient by raking case after case over with a fine tooth comb, looking for some little discrepancy, some tiny minute fragment on which to question and ponder until they give up and toss the whole case in a pile where no one will ever notice it again.....or so it seems.

In short, I agree with Bridget .

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

alrighty....i think I am about to collapse from sadness...but its ok because this too shall pass...

i just called DOS...she asked me for my information (I got Sue again)...and she recognized me :D but then she said well let's see here...everything looks fine...they did checks...we did checks...but yesterday February 28th they requested security checks from Washington DC :angry::crying: i told her but wasn't AP just completed...she said yes but they want checks and until they get what they need they cannot issue the visa...i told her so what now...she said call back next week to make sure they are pending...and as long as checks are pending you have to wait for them to be completed before Cairo will issue the visa...:(

oh well...i guess it was expected from cairo... but my question is...are "security checks" different than "AP or AR"???? or are they the same thing...are security checks kind of like the last leap before the visa...or is it just a synonym for AP...rabena ma3aya we ma3ana...God be with us all...and give me the patience to get through this...I need my hubby ASAP...life has been rough lately...and for me to not have him by my side is absolutely terrible :( just pray for us...and of course all of you are in my prayers :) COME ON CAIRO!!!!!!!

btw DOS is giving a lot more info lately...other than the standard AP message...i wonder why??? :huh:

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.