tammy2688

TO CALL or NOT TO CALL?

18 posts in this topic

Hello you happy people! Well...looks like we are hanging in there at least :thumbs:

SO, I am wondering shall I call DOS this week?? That weekly dose of torture is something one cannot resist from :wacko:

Any good news or comprehensive details about cases guys, the experience of your latest calls?

I really feel our cases will be cleared in the coming months, we can't go crazy we gotta be strong. The Almightly has not forsaken us.

Keep your prayers everyone, I wish all of us will soon reach a finality to this and share our good stories. :yes:

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I call about once a month. If not, than no more than twice.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
I call every Monday, get my hopes up, get depressed, cry and go on with my week. :thumbs:

Ditto! but trying to cut down on the calls to every other week

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

bridget baby dont let them pull u down!

ya we gotta stay strong, and no more weekly tortures for a while!

I will call tomorrow if time allows, I for all of us that our cases are cleared soon!

My prayers are with us all

Tammy

Timeline

Thanks, Tammy. Mine are with us, too.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've never called DOS, after reading all the post about them I am scared about it but I want to try to call them tomorrow, I am sick and tired of not knowing what is going on!!! For God sake, its our cases too!!! Why all the secrets? :wacko:

Our timeline:

September 29, 2005.......met online.

October and November 2006......was in Egypt with my sweetie.

November 1, 2006......We were married.

December 2006........I-130 filed

January 2007...........I-129 filed

April 2007................I-130 and I-129 approved

June 14, 2007.........Visa interview completed

December 2, 2007.....Home interview

February 12, 2008........Second interview

February 26, 2008....I was called by the embassy and was given a short interview over the phone and was told that my case will be moved forward and someone would contact my husband soon to send in his passport.

March 2, 2008......My husband was contacted by the embassy to send in his passport.

March 3, 2008......Passport sent by DHL.

March 4, 2008......Embassy received the passport.

March 18, 2008......VISA IN HAND!!! YEAH!!

August 15, 2008....filed I-485 adjustment of Status and I-765...Employment Authorization

October 14, 2008.....I-765...Employment Authorization approved, card received 1 month later.

January 15, 2009......Adjustment of Status interview for green card...approved!!! Received green card two weeks later.

I call every other Tuesday - or so.

Right now I am excited about the plane ticket I bought this weekend for a surprise visit next week. It will be a short visit - but I know he will like the surprise.

Peace and Patience!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I call every other Tuesday - or so.

Right now I am excited about the plane ticket I bought this weekend for a surprise visit next week. It will be a short visit - but I know he will like the surprise.

Peace and Patience!!

[/quote

That is exciting!! I need to make a trip to Egypt to see my husband too, its been too long.

Our timeline:

September 29, 2005.......met online.

October and November 2006......was in Egypt with my sweetie.

November 1, 2006......We were married.

December 2006........I-130 filed

January 2007...........I-129 filed

April 2007................I-130 and I-129 approved

June 14, 2007.........Visa interview completed

December 2, 2007.....Home interview

February 12, 2008........Second interview

February 26, 2008....I was called by the embassy and was given a short interview over the phone and was told that my case will be moved forward and someone would contact my husband soon to send in his passport.

March 2, 2008......My husband was contacted by the embassy to send in his passport.

March 3, 2008......Passport sent by DHL.

March 4, 2008......Embassy received the passport.

March 18, 2008......VISA IN HAND!!! YEAH!!

August 15, 2008....filed I-485 adjustment of Status and I-765...Employment Authorization

October 14, 2008.....I-765...Employment Authorization approved, card received 1 month later.

January 15, 2009......Adjustment of Status interview for green card...approved!!! Received green card two weeks later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Don't call the operator too much. The automated, as often as you want.

I usually talked to the operator when there was:

- A change in the case status

- A document I sent in, about 1-1.5 weeks AFTER I sent it in.

Make SURE when you speak to an operator that you're -

- concise

- as polite as possible

- Make sure you tell them "Thanks for your help" when you're finished.

Do not say a single rude word to them, or be impatient with them - they're only there to help you.

They, potentially, can hold your case in their hands. If you leave a good impression ... occasionally, you may get a surprise. :)

Sometimes, it pays to be nice.

The moral of my story: Stick with someone who matches your own culture.

( This coming from an Arab who married an Arab from overseas... go figure. )

Timeline

- concise

- as polite as possible

Do not say a single rude word to them, or be impatient with them - they're only there to help you.

They, potentially, can hold your case in their hands. If you leave a good impression ... occasionally, you may get a surprise. :)

Your post is pure speculation unless you have a link or source to back up that statement. I believe all of us who call DOS are not that ignorant and know how to practice good phone skills. My intent is not to be rude or disrespectful to you, but to point out that unless you have solid proof that DOS operators " potentially can hold your case in their hands " , then I, for one, chose to view that statement as utter nonsense.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

- concise

- as polite as possible

How on earth will we know there's a change in case status if we don't call. That's the REASON we are calling...to see if there's a change in our status. :wacko: Are you talking about calling USCIS or DOS or NVC?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

- concise

- as polite as possible

How on earth will we know there's a change in case status if we don't call. That's the REASON we are calling...to see if there's a change in our status. :wacko: Are you talking about calling USCIS or DOS or NVC?

When I called DOS during our process, the operator even told me call whenever you want. What documents are you sending in to DOS???

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

right you are...ya know I think this person is talking about USCIS. Thats where the cases get and the operators have the files...got kinda jumbled with DOS cause some people call DOS when the case is at the CIS level

ya definately a good word goes along way but then thousands of polite people would get shorter APs

Tammy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.