Mia Sav

fiancee petition approved without meeting in person?

26 posts in this topic

....and this is how the myths of 'immigration' perpetuate themselves.

I dunno. My cousin's friend's mom once saw an immigrant. I swear it's true!

:devil:

:o OMG!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

....and this is how the myths of 'immigration' perpetuate themselves.

I dunno. My cousin's friend's mom once saw an immigrant. I swear it's true!

:devil:

Good one! :lol:

12140.gif

"Though the guy and girl did not eventually marry (they only last up to the NOA1 stage)"

They did not reach the approval stage. They did not get the approval. The guy backed out before they got NOA2/RFE/DENIAL...

Your fiance has misunderstood what his friend told him. It will probably be almost impossible to explain why you both did not fulfil the criteria of meeting in the last 2 years. Hopefully you both have a reason and evidence of "extreme hardship'.

All the best

Hi guys, sorry for making a mistake in my previous post. I meant "they only last up to the NOA2 stage" and the girl did not able to go to the embassy for the interview because the the guy backed out. He sensed that the girl wanted to come over to the US for his money and to see the world. So that means, the petition was approved.

Edited by nikmia

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Someone is definitely confused....dunno if its your fiance or his friend.

At this point, without the subject of this discussion being present to give his side of the story, everything is conjecture. First its, he got approved without meeting his fiancee, then its he only got a NOA1, now its the foreign fiancee couldn't go go to the visa interview because the USC backed out. We're getting conflicting info and everything we say thereafter is based purely on speculation.

Fact, the filing instructions on the I-129F state that you and your foreign fiance(e) must have met in person at least once before you(USC) file the petition. As far as we can tell here on VJ, this rule is very steadfast and there is (very little) way around it. There is a small caveat, and it states something like; if this meeting in person cannot occur for any cultural or religious reasons, you(USC petitioner) must provide satisfactory proof as to the cause. Very rarely, have we seen a petition be approved if it does not contain proof that the USC and foreign beneficiary have complied with the meeting in person rule.

A situation that falls outside the above mentioned fact, is not very believable unless it can be verified....and as we can't verify the exact truth in this case....it is just fiction.....IMHO.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Hi guys, sorry for making a mistake in my previous post. I meant "they only last up to the NOA2 stage" and the girl did not able to go to the embassy for the interview because the the guy backed out. He sensed that the girl wanted to come over to the US for his money and to see the world. So that means, the petition was approved.

lol. Well ok. Without more information, nobody can say for sure. I seriously doubt they were approved without having met within 2 years, but it is remotely possible depending on their circumstances. Until there is further information, all anyone can do is speculate.

Filed: Timeline
Ok!!! So they got their NOA2.... Interview could still be a different story (If it had happened).. am not saying its not possible to get a visa as every case is unique. Just look at your case and prepare accordingly. Its a costly, time consuming process to say the least and in the end you don't want to end up wishing - maybe, could have done things differently

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My thought is, perhaps, someone was less than on top of their job when they approved the petition.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.