oranges

can i handwrite when filling up the DS-230 that is downloaded from adobe ?

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a question, I am trying to fill up the DS-230 forms in the adobe. And there are areas like dates that is not applicable to me and i want to put it N/A but it does not allow me because it has a date format "mm-dd-yyyy". And also in some areas like my present job and places I live, it has from/to (mm-yyyy). In to, i want to put "present" because i am currently living and working still but it does not allow me to put the word "present" because it has a date format. What will I do? Can i just fill it up in the computer and the date problems, can i just handwrite it like "present"?

Thank you for all your answers in this post.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello, I have a question, I am trying to fill up the DS-230 forms in the adobe. And there are areas like dates that is not applicable to me and i want to put it N/A but it does not allow me because it has a date format "mm-dd-yyyy". And also in some areas like my present job and places I live, it has from/to (mm-yyyy). In to, i want to put "present" because i am currently living and working still but it does not allow me to put the word "present" because it has a date format. What will I do? Can i just fill it up in the computer and the date problems, can i just handwrite it like "present"?

Yup. That's exactly what I did. I hand-wrote them.

Per instruction, it says write "N/A" if it doesnt apply. Well.. it doesnt apply and adobe doesnt allow that on the dates field.

I hand-wrote "present" too.

Per instruction, it says write "N/A" if it doesnt apply. Well.. it doesnt apply and adobe doesnt allow that on the dates field.

Thank you very much for your answer in my post and God bless.

We did the same.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Hello, I have a question, I am trying to fill up the DS-230 forms in the adobe.

Can I ask where you downloaded the blank DS-230 form from? They don't seem to be available on the USCIS website.

Edited by BritishGuy36

My IR-1 Timeline:

2008-01-30: Mailed I-130 petition to USCIS London (DCF)

2008-02-04: Credit card debited $355

2008-02-07: NOA1 received - file date 4 Feb 2008

2008-04-19: NOA2 received - APPROVED (took 74 days)

2008-04-23: Packet 3 received

2008-04-28: Packet 3 (DS-230 Pt 1 and statement of readiness) mailed in

2008-04-28: Medical appointment booked

2008-05-13: Packet 4 received - interview in mid-June

2008-06-16: Medical - no apparent issues

2008-06-17: Visa interview - APPROVED - total 135 days from I-130 filing date

2008-06-23: Text message from SMS couriers - passport and MBE being delivered 2008-06-24

2008-06-24: Passport arrived along with MBE

~~~~~

Extended pause while we sold our house! (nightmare)

~~~~~

2008-11-18: Arrive in the USA - POE = EWR (Newark/Liberty Airport)

2008-11-25: Take 'written' (computer) knowledge test and 'skills' (driving) test - PASSED - license issued with expiry of just under one year*

2008-12-03: Purchase and insure car

2008-12-10: Receive title to car

2008-12-15: Go to BMV and get plates for car

2008-12-16: Receive Welcome to America letter (I-797C)

2008-12-20: Receive second Welcome to America letter (I-797C)

2008-12-26: Receive Green Card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hello, I have a question, I am trying to fill up the DS-230 forms in the adobe.

Can I ask where you downloaded the blank DS-230 form from? They don't seem to be available on the USCIS website.

You can find all the files there :

http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/forms/

:)

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,

download the form, fill by yourself in capital letters using a black or blue ball point pen only

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Filed: Timeline

And make sure you answer ALL the questions, whether the answer is NONE, or N/A or the like. Revise your answers --- I had to refill the darrrrn forms like 4 times before sending them in. and last but not least,.....don't forget to sign!!! A lot of folks get RFE's because of this tiny detail!

good luck, L.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.