LOU310

los angeles office CR removal

8 posts in this topic

Hey, thanks to all of you who show love and support on here, I would like to know if any one here had to deal(or knows somebody who dealt) with the USCIS Los Angeles Office 300 North Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012, just received a mail (Feb 08) saying that my case has been sent to the Los Angeles office and they will write to me to come for an interview, are they fast to process and schedule for interview? it's been a year now is that possible to take up until 2 years with the NOA 1 yr extension ? I know the process time is different from an office to another and of course from a case to another case, so I would be interested to know any information(process time, interview questions etc) or personnal experiences related to this office,

based on my lawyer advice we filed I-751 Feb 07 for good faith marriage as we are separated since January 07, CR expires end of March 08, NOA 1 year extension April 07(1 yr kicks in after 03/08) biometric done May 07, last mail received Feb 08.

thank you so much !

Lou

Filed: Timeline
Hey, thanks to all of you who show love and support on here, I would like to know if any one here had to deal(or knows somebody who dealt) with the USCIS Los Angeles Office 300 North Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012, just received a mail (Feb 08) saying that my case has been sent to the Los Angeles office and they will write to me to come for an interview, are they fast to process and schedule for interview? it's been a year now is that possible to take up until 2 years with the NOA 1 yr extension ? I know the process time is different from an office to another and of course from a case to another case, so I would be interested to know any information(process time, interview questions etc) or personnal experiences related to this office,

based on my lawyer advice we filed I-751 Feb 07 for good faith marriage as we are separated since January 07, CR expires end of March 08, NOA 1 year extension April 07(1 yr kicks in after 03/08) biometric done May 07, last mail received Feb 08.

thank you so much !

Lou

You filed together in February 07 and are still separated?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

You filed together in February 07 and are still separated?

no filed alone, I would have waited until the last 90 days to file if we were together.

not at the time I filed but we got divorced in october 07 in California it takes 6 month so I be officially divorced April 08.

no filed alone, I would have waited until the last 90 days to file if we were together.

So that I get this straight, you self-petitioned but are only separated and not divorced?

not at the time I filed but we got divorced in october 07 in California it takes 6 month so I be officially divorced April 08.

So that I get this straight, you self-petitioned but are only separated and not divorced?

Odd. So you were advised by a lawyer to submit the I-751 as a self-petitioner without a divorce decree and even though you were not eligible to file alone, and you filed as if your divorce had been finalised (you did not await 90 days prior to the expiry date of the GC, if I am reading your information correctly, yet there was no divorce. At least not then. In point of fact, you had time to get the divorce finalised prior to the deadline anyway. Very odd.

"diaddie mermaid"

Odd. So you were advised by a lawyer to submit the I-751 as a self-petitioner without a divorce decree and even though you were not eligible to file alone, and you filed as if your divorce had been finalised (you did not await 90 days prior to the expiry date of the GC, if I am reading your information correctly, yet there was no divorce. At least not then. In point of fact, you had time to get the divorce finalised prior to the deadline anyway. Very odd.

yeah actually I didnt have any problem to file and they accepeted my case, it might be odd but it worked out exactly as my lawyer predicted, I just wanted to know how fast does LA office work, as my case has been transfered to them to schedule an interview.

yeah actually I didnt have any problem to file and they accepeted my case, it might be odd but it worked out exactly as my lawyer predicted, I just wanted to know how fast does LA office work, as my case has been transfered to them to schedule an interview.

I don't wish to cause you concern, but until a case is adjudicated in your favour, *anything* can occur. Of course, I have no way of knowing from an interview notice, nor can I predict what an AO might decide or if he or she will operate strictly according to the regulations or not, but since you are being called to an interview, should the AO determine that you were ineligible to self-petition at the time that you did (and you were), you will be there to be able to present your explanation. Have your divorce decree with you so that should the AO determine that you were not eligible to file the waiver, you can at least present the decree. Maybe he or she would then adjudicate the case, rather than suggest that you start all over.

"diaddie mermaid"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.