Satellite

My wife left me!

511 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

will you have women's day hats?

I know my friend! Alla insists we continue to wear them until the end of February. She considers we should have all of February be for Valentine's and love! :wub:

The new hats are just around the corner!

She's talking to you Jefferey, you know that don't you? She hates that you and Alla continue to wear your Valentine's heart hats almost 2 weeks after the day.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember this day well, fellow Ruskies. One day we will sit around the kitchen table drinking vodka and eating pelmeni, and talk of the day that Brazilians, Canadians, Brits, and moderators came to our forum en masse. The newbies will stare in slack-jawed wonder, insisting we're drunk and just making this ####### up. Then Jefferey will slowly pull the charred remnants of a fishnet stocking and his Valentine's hat out, and everyone will be silent.

My apologies to MyAngel2, but your post made me laugh harder than any of Kirk's recent zingers. Maybe read the whole thread next time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am so sorry to hear that. Your family is in my prayers...

...and then we will snort vodka and pelmeni through our noses, and the silence will be broken...

Первый блин комом.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We would if we could find them! :lol:

will you have women's day hats?

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We would if we could find them! :lol:

You just need to look.

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Play nice or I'll stick my mod hat on and bash you all over the head with a cushion.
Such threats are a clear violation of the TOS.

See:

"Permitted Uses....you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums"

Moderators are not exempt:

"Moderators.... Their actions and liabilities are fully bound by the TOS."

After reading that I think it is reasonable for many members to feel threatened when they express their opinions.

If you are being funny then disregard my post below. If serious then please read on. :P

I'm fully aware of the TOS, my comments are only meant to lighten up the considerably dark tone exhibited in this thread. The majority here on VJ know me, my methods AND the intent behind them which, incidentally, are not designed to actually cause bodily harm. To be honest, the chances of me turning up on anyone's doorstep, grasping a cushion and then proceeding to bash them over the head with it are very remote. Not to mention a huge drain on gas money, time and my sanity - which is barely hanging by a thread most days. That can be the only explanation for the terrible hat.

With regards to the part of the TOS you mentioned, expressly this part - restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the forums - moderators ARE allowed to restrict your use (and inhibit you) IF you break the TOS or act appallingly and/or are out of line.

I'll also bring to your attention this part of the TOS:

Make comments in a post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

I've seen many posts that fall under this description in this very thread and that is WHY I asked for a little more respect to be given. Cushions notwithstanding.

Hope that clarifies things for you. :)

Edited by Mags

Remember this day well, fellow Ruskies. One day we will sit around the kitchen table drinking vodka and eating pelmeni, and talk of the day that Brazilians, Canadians, Brits, and moderators came to our forum en masse. The newbies will stare in slack-jawed wonder, insisting we're drunk and just making this ####### up. Then Jefferey will slowly pull the charred remnants of a fishnet stocking and his Valentine's hat out, and everyone will be silent.

:lol:

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Play nice or I'll stick my mod hat on and bash you all over the head with a cushion.
Such threats are a clear violation of the TOS.

See:

"Permitted Uses....you agree that when using the Service, you will not:

Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums"

Moderators are not exempt:

"Moderators.... Their actions and liabilities are fully bound by the TOS."

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=terms

After reading that I think it is reasonable for many members to feel threatened when they express their opinions.

oh please :rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I agree that was, actually, bloody hilarious. :lol:

Filed: Timeline

I agree sweetie.... I think that one wins a BEST POST EVAR!!!11 award.

What's the award for today? Pickled Herring again?

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

I agree sweetie.... I think that one wins a BEST POST EVAR!!!11 award.

What's the award for today? Pickled Herring again?

I've got an old sock somewhere....*rummages around in the laundry hamper, picks out grey sock, dusts it off* ...yep, today's prize is this wonderful, erm, old sock.

Enjoy your prize, Mox! :D

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
As to AK's debate on foreseeability here is my take:

In law we punish someone civilly (tort) or criminally based on a concept of actual and proximate causation. Thus the actor must (1) be the "but for" (actual) because of an action and (2) be the legal proximate cause (foreseeable) cause. So everyone easily meets the first part "but for" causation in terms of B being offended that A stole his car. Being offended might also be foreseeable, but having B take his anger out on random group of people is not foreseeable.

When something is foreseeable we call it an intervening cause and when something is not we call it superseding. So one classical example is A is at fault in a car accident hurting B. B goes to the hospital and his doctor commits malpractice causing him to die. But for the doctor's actions B would have lived. Should we hold A the original tortfeaser liable? Surprisingly the answer is yes. An example of superseding causes in the same situation is A driving a gas tanker negligently drives it overturns the truck. Gasoline spills onto the sidewalk and runs 15 blocks down the street. B a random criminal lights a match and damages C's property 15 blocks away. Should we hold A liable? Answer no.

For what it's worth, I was not attempting to make a legal argument. I was making a logical argument - logic does not necessarily have anything to do with the law.

In summary, the point I was pressing is that it is irrational and illogical to claim that person A is somehow responsible for the feelings of person B, given that person A has no control over said feelings (and generally, person B doesn't either). This being the case, you (Satellite) are hardly responsible for making anyone reading this thread feel bad - especially since they are more than able to stop reading at any time. To come back to the thread and repeatedly claim "you offend me, you offend me" is really, nonsense. More succinctly, the statement, "you made me feel bad" is a misnomer. I argue that I didn't make you feel anything. Your feelings are your response to your environment, and it is only your environment that I may or may not have affected.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
people here became so serious these days... congratulations on creating multi-page discussion from two sentence joke...
It has been my pleasure! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.