kimmbo

Losing a furbaby...

35 posts in this topic

(F)(F)(F) Kimmbo (F)(F)(F)

My thoughts are for you. I had to put my 10 yo baby to sleep in January 2006 and it's still hard even if 2 years have passed. And working in an Animal hospital I see people saying goodbye to their animals everyday, and let me tell you it's not easy. They are part of our lives.

Cherish all the good memories you had with Toby.

And take care of yourself. It's a hard moment :(

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing the furbaby who has been your faithful and loving companion for so long is devastating. My mom's dog slept in his brother's bed when his brother died too. It was really sweet.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry, you have my sympathies. Cats, and pets in general, are our family.

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Sweet Kimmbo,

I am with you on this.

My black kitty, Monster" decided that the boating life was not for him, and left.

As I have said somewhere in these threads, I looked for him for 2 years solid.

That was August Fourth, 1999.

I recently was going through my stuff and found a close up photo of his l'il face and mine...in love.

I cried my eyes out.

It doesn't fade.

Condolences.

(F) (F) (F)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just want to say thank you to all of you for your kindness at this heartbreaking time.. and also for sharing the stories of your furbabies...I had my Toby for 16 years but because she was a stray I never knew how old she was for sure.. I estimated she was about 1 or 2 when she wandered into my yard..making her between 17 and 18 when she passed..Ive heard from others that 18 years old is a great for a cat, expecially one that has been Diabetic for the last 8 years..

I find morning and bedtime to be the hardest....I wake up, feed Tippy and then usually cry because Im still waiting for her (Toby) to come running out for breakfast.. and at night its hard because all I have to say is "its bedtime, lets go" and they would both come running into the bedroom..Toby always laid at the top of the bed with me, most of the time even sharing my pillow with me...I keep waiting for her to jump up on the bed and snuggle with me and then I start to cry...

Tippy is still sleeping off and on in her bed...and I feel so guilty when we go somewhere and hes just sitting there watching us walk out the door and hes here alone.. I still have Tobys water bowl out and he prefers to drink out of it rather than his...

again thank you all for your kind words, it is truly appreciated.. flames thank you for the Rainbow Bridge poem,read it years ago...read it again yesterday and I could see my Toby running to me...

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I've lost so many cats over the years that we've got the procedure for burying them down to a science. After all the white linen and shovelfulls of dirt it still doesn't get any easier. I really feel for you, you have my deepest sympathy and condolences. (F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F) for Toby's time on this earth.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Yes I have lost many furry humans over the years! The most traumatic was my first cat Frosty! He was pretty much all black, a big male! My parents actually had him before they had me (I'm the oldest of 3 siblings) he used to sleep with me, attack me when I rounded a corner in the house,lol He was my best bud, sort of dog like in some ways,very loyal. Neighbors had 2 big German shepherds and they were scared off him! My house at the time was in a cul-de-sac and I recall 1 of the dogs getting loose. I was in the middle of the cul-de-sac with Frosty, and the German Shepherd came running up (not to attack me,probaly to sniff me out) towards us, But frosty stood his ground, as if he was defending me and sort of went after this big German Shephard!!! The big dog went running back towards his yard!! He was a great cat!! But unfortunately he didn't have a happy ending back in those days (early 80's) garage doors didnt have those sensors to stop if something walked under the door!! My family went out to dairy Queen in the evening, and I returned home from playing grass hockey to find him!! I think I was only in grade 5!! I still think what if I had went with the family to DQ instead of staying out late playing hockey, would it all have turned out different!! It hit me pretty hard.

I feel sorry for people that refuse to allow a pet into their household. they bring so much love and warmth. And they make such great listeners (unlike most husbands that want o "fix" everything,lol) I can honestly say I have never had a bad pet, even though we had many. BUT I can say i have had bad human friends, but never a bad furry friend!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Kimmbo

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I lost my sweet boy Kingsley on December 14. He was a lovely ginger tabby with a heart of gold. It's hard to believe, but it's true that each day gets a little easier. I still miss him so much, but I am finally getting to the point where I can remember his life, rather than his death. So, I guess I would say to you to take it day by day and feel as much as you can bear to. It will help. And like someone else said, grieve in your way as much as you need to. it doesn't matter if others don't understand.

These are some of the things I did to help me get through the really tough times: I bought a shadow box and his ashes are in there, along with a little paw print in clay. When I can, I will print off some pictures for it. Whenever I remember anything about him, I write it in my journal. It helps me remember him and feel that I won't completely lose him. I went to the book store to get books on bereavement. While I didn't find any for pets, there were a couple of books that really helped. I read them in the morning and at night before I went to sleep ... when it was hardest. I also wrote a little memorial email in remembrance of him and sent it to my family and friends. It was hard to write, but it somehow helped. I also got a couple of massages ... we store so much sorrow in our bodies and the massages helped me process my pain. I also believe there are pet bereavement forums out there that have helped other friends. If I'm lucky, he shows up in a dream on occasion :)

I have two other cats. One is very sad and has lost some weight, so I'm keeping an eye on him and giving him extra TLC. I brought him to the vet for a check-up to make sure it wasn't physical and it wasn't, so I think he's just sad and a little traumatized by Kingsley's death. I also decided that after a couple of weeks I need to put some of my grieving aside for part of the day so that they could feel something more positive. They're so sensitive to emotions.

You and Toby were and are so lucky to have each other. Now you feel the loss, but your love will always remain. Please know that we are sending loving thoughts your way.

Karen

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Filed: Other Timeline

I remember the day I had to take my Homely cat to the vet to be put to rest. I just couldn't stay with her, my heart was broken and I was all alone, I had no one there with me and I was in a very bad depression at the time I just couldn't stay. I could barely drive back home. That was 5 years ago and I still cry and feel guilty that I couldn't have done more to keep her alive, but she was just too sick :(

You'll see your furbaby again over the bridge. She's playing and happy, and just waiting for you to get there. But there's no rush, she's got plenty to do for now.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Kimmbo

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I lost my sweet boy Kingsley on December 14. He was a lovely ginger tabby with a heart of gold. It's hard to believe, but it's true that each day gets a little easier. I still miss him so much, but I am finally getting to the point where I can remember his life, rather than his death. So, I guess I would say to you to take it day by day and feel as much as you can bear to. It will help. And like someone else said, grieve in your way as much as you need to. it doesn't matter if others don't understand.

These are some of the things I did to help me get through the really tough times: I bought a shadow box and his ashes are in there, along with a little paw print in clay. When I can, I will print off some pictures for it. Whenever I remember anything about him, I write it in my journal. It helps me remember him and feel that I won't completely lose him. I went to the book store to get books on bereavement. While I didn't find any for pets, there were a couple of books that really helped. I read them in the morning and at night before I went to sleep ... when it was hardest. I also wrote a little memorial email in remembrance of him and sent it to my family and friends. It was hard to write, but it somehow helped. I also got a couple of massages ... we store so much sorrow in our bodies and the massages helped me process my pain. I also believe there are pet bereavement forums out there that have helped other friends. If I'm lucky, he shows up in a dream on occasion :)

I have two other cats. One is very sad and has lost some weight, so I'm keeping an eye on him and giving him extra TLC. I brought him to the vet for a check-up to make sure it wasn't physical and it wasn't, so I think he's just sad and a little traumatized by Kingsley's death. I also decided that after a couple of weeks I need to put some of my grieving aside for part of the day so that they could feel something more positive. They're so sensitive to emotions.

You and Toby were and are so lucky to have each other. Now you feel the loss, but your love will always remain. Please know that we are sending loving thoughts your way.

Karen

Karen so sorry for your loss of Kingsley! and I completely understand the part of remembering Tobys life rather than her death..for the first couple of days whenever I would close my eyes all I could see was her laying on the table getting and the needle going in.. I started to write down all the little memories of her and all her nicknames and it really helped replace that image of her in my head..

we are waiting to receive her ashes back, which is another thing I struggled with..how do I know it will be her? My husband had the same thought when his mother was cremated, and I guess you just have to believe it in your heart that its really them...I never knew anyone that was cremated before my husbands mom so I think thats why I was a bit skeptic about it...Ive since researched it more and have read more about the cremation laws...

It hasnt even been a week yet, so Im still very touchy with my emotions..I try, for Tippys sake, to hold in my emotions which means every time we get in the car I seem to cry...but when Im around him I just concentrate on him and smother him with love and kisses (which he hates)...typical boy..LOL

Reba, so sorry also about your loss of Homely...and that you had to go through it alone..

Heres a scrapbook page of my baby that I did last year and also going to add the last picture of her from Feb 13th after she had her IV taken out:

Lucky Girl:

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/108145/...9021/0/0/1.html

post-30630-1203893507.jpg

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Timeline

Looking through my computer, about 97% of my pictures have our animals in them. lol

When we send out our yearly Xmas letter, our family photo includes them as well! And each yr one of the animals takes turn writing the Xmas letter! Yep, were pathetic!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As a die hard animal lover- I know how painful it is to lose an animal. I can think of any of our dogs or rabbits or any other little creature we have had that have been gone for many years and still cry like I had lost them yesterday. I can also look back and think of them and smile and laugh at all the joy and love they have brought to my life. I won't deny the pain of losing them is excruciating but the love and happiness they give you while they are living is so worth it.

I have a dog back in Canada who was my 18th B-Day present. I never took her away from my parents home because that always was her true home. My biggest fear is losing her- I am scared that the last time I saw her may in fact be the last time I ever see her. It breaks my heart to think of it.

I'm so sorry for your loss kimmbo. (F) I had a cat years ago, that I had cremated and his ashes in an urn in my living room. He was 16. My then sister-in-law belonged to a pet loss support group, and really understood what we were going through. She is now the President of the group, and while I've not talked to her in years (she's now my EX sister-in-law), I did find that their group has a web site that you might find really helpful. There is support group meetings in Ontario, but even without that, there are links to sources, a message board, and recommended books to read. I think you'll really find this helpful.

Big Hugs

http://www.mississaugapets.com/petloss.html

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.