sarahaziz

MENA Men/Women arriving in USA

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
My husband has been a teacher for more than 30 years both in Kuwait and Jordan. He arrived here in May 2007 and applied for a job as a translator with the US Army in Iraq. So he has been in Iraq since December and will come home in June on vacation. We will go to Jordan during vacation, then, he plans to return to Iraq as a translator till the end of December. It's hard, but very good money and when he finishes his tour in Iraq, we plan to start our own business. It is difficult being separated once again, but, once we are reunited, this time it will be forever; Ahomdullilah!

So then will he stay here permanently with you? I know Ammar wanted to do that but I didn't like that idea AT ALL! I said no, but he was really considering it. Could you just do 6month tours?

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybodys husband is a teacher or speaks english fluently and can translate documents, etc. The government job is a good start. My dad does that in his buisness also and he will apply my husband to that job since he speaks french, italian, arabic, and english fluently I recommend that job because they constantly need translators

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It is hard being separated again. But, actually we talk by phone every day as well as online via yahoo. I did not really like the idea of him taking this job, but, he was very adamant about it, so I gave in. This just keeps me praying and continually before God.

My husband has been a teacher for more than 30 years both in Kuwait and Jordan. He arrived here in May 2007 and applied for a job as a translator with the US Army in Iraq. So he has been in Iraq since December and will come home in June on vacation. We will go to Jordan during vacation, then, he plans to return to Iraq as a translator till the end of December. It's hard, but very good money and when he finishes his tour in Iraq, we plan to start our own business. It is difficult being separated once again, but, once we are reunited, this time it will be forever; Ahomdullilah!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.