Roserick

Roserick IR-1 Interview Experience

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks all for the support..

I really hope USEM get the result from NSO soon...

Congrats roserick on ur wife approved interview..the good thing is, you did not buy a ticket in advance :thumbs: ..just wait and they will get the visa..keep on praying and be strong!!!

AOS Process:

Mar. 11, 2008- ARRIVED US

Mar. 12, 2008- got married

00-00-0000-Temple wedding-Mormon church

Mar.13, 2008-completed vaccinations-I693A supplement from CS

Mar. 18, 2008- sent the AOS package(I-485 and EAD)..applied for SSN..

Mar.19, 2008-Delivered. signed for by V Bustamante-took and passed written driving test

Mar.25, 2008-Check cashed-Received SSN

Mar.27,2008-Received NOA's in mail-Case available online

Mar.28, 2008-Received Biometrics appointment in mail-04/08/08

Apr.08,2008-Biometrics DONE

Apr.08-09,2008-TOUCHED

Apr.14,2008-Transfer Notice date to California(I-485)

Apr.17,2008-Received Notice in the mail about the transfer

Apr.20 and 22,2008-I-485 TOUCHED..No touch on EAD

Apr.24, 2008-Received AR driver license

May 07, 08, 09, 12, 13, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED..

May 16, 2008- I-765 Card production ordered -1st email

May 19, 2008- I-485 TOUCHED

May 21, 2008-I-765 Card production ordered-2nd email

May 22, 2008- I-765 TOUCHED

May 23, 2008-I765 Approval notice sent-3rd email

May 24, 2008- EAD in hand

May 28, 2008-AOS Card production ordered..yehey!!!got another email saying "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

May 29, 2008-AOS TOUCHED

June 03, 2008- Green Card in hand

Alright.. So my wife had her Interview today Feb 20, 2008 @ 8:30am

We went to the Embassy at around 7:30am.. We got in fast upon the guard seeing that we have a 8:30am Interview..

Upon going to the Ticket booth to get our ticket.. We had a good vibes.. Does people in there greeted us nicely and politely, they even played with my daughter then told us to take a seat...

After 10 mins.. My wife's name was called over the microphone for Fingerprinting.. WoW!! She did it in 1 shot. Then the lady asked us to take a seat again and wait for our number to flash on the screen..

Upon seating for about 5 mins our number flashed on the screen and was suggested to go to window 28 for the Filipino Pre-screener.. The Prescreener was a very friendly man, he greeted us nicely. and asked for the needed documents politely.

Here is what he asked us..

Is he the petitioner = YES

Asked me on when I arrived in the Philippines, asked me if our daughter has her US passport already and asked for a copy of the Consular Report or Passport.. We gave her Copy of Consular Report.

Asked my wife how did I get to the US. Asked my wife what do I do for a living, Asked for proof of bonafide marriage.. We gave our photo album which did fit on the slot, when he went through the pictures he said its enough and just present any other documents on the Interview room with the consul.

He went over my I864.. He sees that my Income is on the Border line.. He asked for my 2007 ITR which I said I didn't have.. (oppsss) then asked if I have a co-sponser (sigh) YES!! and I presented my prepared Co-Sponsor I864.. (Thank God). After that he just told us to go back to our seat and wait for our number to flash on screen again for CO Interview..

15 mins has passed.. Number flashed on the screen, (Anxious and nervous) Upon going inside the CO Interview room. (WoW!! the CO is a lady.. :)) Me and my wife greeted the CO good morning and she also greeted us nicely and played with my daughter a lil bit before going through our paper works...

She didn't even asked my wife anything... She took a look at our photo album and was impress on how organize our pictures were.. CO started questioning me on what do I do for a living, Asked me to explain what I really do, and if my daughter has her US passport already and she just said ("Whoa.. That makes my job a little easier")

After that she just told my wife that she will love NYC and telling her its very cold and time is very fast..

She didn't say anything about APPROVED but she was talking to my wife about that she will get a VISA and their just waiting for NSO to send the result of the Document Verification to the Embassy. I was like I already paid for it 3 weeks ago and she was like that's good and just told me she has no control over the Docs Verification Processing..

FYI: Also she told me.. Not everyone is needed for this.. I guess we were just randomly picked. She even told me that she herself believe our relationship its just that its a policy that's out of her hand..

After that she told us to wait outside and we will be called again for releasing..

After getting out we haven't even gotten a seat and we were called again over the microphone to proceed to Window 37 for releasing.. We went to window 37 and was instructed to pay for Docs Verification and Delivery fee.. I was like I already paid for the Docs Verification fee 3 weeks ago.. The clerk was shocked and told me that's a instruction that a CO would decide and I was like it is on their website to pay for the fee 3 weeks before the Interview..

After that she gave us the pink slip and told us to go to the Delbros booth to pay for the delivery fee..

We went to the Delbros booth and paid the Delivery fee, even Delbros don't know what's going on with Docs Verification..

9:30am we got out the Embassy and had a brunch @ Chowking..

So I'm a bit happy that the Interview is done and a bit dissapointed and confuse about where I stand..

Thank You all and Good Luck to all upcomming Interviews..

Hope you like my experience..

Glad to hear your interview went so smoothly Erick. I think I would call Delbros to confirm that they got the payment if you did not receive a text message from them shortly after your message to them.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Glad to hear your interview went so smoothly Erick. I think I would call Delbros to confirm that they got the payment if you did not receive a text message from them shortly after your message to them.

Thanks bob...

The delbros txting thing went smoothly.. After my wife paid the fee with Metrobank she txtd them right away and got 2 txt from them confirming the payment..

I haven't called the embassy or Delbros yet.. But will call them for sure on monday to know what's going on..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

You may contact DELBROS at (632) 339-2761 ext. 153 and look for Allen. Apparently, she's only available to take calls from Monday to Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM.

In my case, I paid the document verification fee on Feb. 7 and got text confirmations the same day. I called DELBROS the day before my interview and was told that the verification request was forwarded to NSO on Feb. 11.

Hoping that our visas will be released soon.

11/26/07 ----- AOS/DS 3032 generated

11/30/07 ----- AOS fee bill received & paid

12/01/07 ----- DS 3032 mailed to NVC

12/03/07 ----- DS 3032 entered into the system; IV bill generated

12/10/07 ----- I-864 generated

12/12/07 ----- IV fee bill received & paid

12/17/07 ----- I-864 received and mailed back to NVC

12/20/07 ----- IV bill entered into the system

12/27/07 ----- DS 230 generated & mailed to NVC

12/28/07 ----- DS 230 received & signed 10:46AM at the NVC

01/03/08 ----- DS 230 posted at NVC

01/09/09 ----- all required documents received at NVC, start of Case Review

01/16/08 ----- CASE COMPLETE @ NVC!

01/24/08 ----- case forwarded to the US embassy in Manila

01/30/08 ----- appointment letter received by the petitioner

02/05/08 ----- early MEDICAL @ SLEC

02/06/08 ----- PASSED medical exam :)

02/18/09 ----- PRISM guidance & counselling

02/19/08 ----- PASSED VISA INTERVIEW @ USEM! :)

02/20/08 ----- visa issuance date

02/26/08 ----- visa in hand; CFO stamping

03/03/08 ----- arrived in the US! :x POE at DTW

03/04/08 ----- applied for SSN

03/10/08 ----- got SSC in the mail

03/29/08 ----- applied for driver's license (passed law test!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks all for the support..

I really hope USEM get the result from NSO soon...

congrats guys! i hope everything else goes smoothly. it's interesting about the document verification issue. even the person at the delbros booth was surprised??

philip

congats and thanks for sharing! :thumbs:

“God unites the separated ones with Himself again, and blesses them with true greatness.”

TIMELINE FOR AOS

(Adjusting status for permanent resident only)

DATE SENT 052509

I just calles USEM yesterday and they told me they recognize my case also as being place in AR since they have no time frame on when my wife is going to get her visa..

Their still waiting for the NSO result of the verification.. This is very stressing :(

I called Delbros and they forwarded her Documents to NSO on Feb 4th.. They told me if my wife's docs were easy to find it will only take a week for them to find it, if their having problem it can take some time.. Which is going 4 weeks now and still no news.. :(

This is very very stressing knowing nothing and don't know what to do..

The earliest USEM can apply for follow up case is after 3 months.. :(

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Hang in there, Roserick! I know it's easier said than done, but just trust Him. Maybe there is a reason why you have to wait a little bit longer tha the others. We'll continue to pray for you :star:

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.