TBoneTX

How to Shake Your NOA2 Loose from the CSC

537 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
OMG that RFE was like murder I cannot believe how painful that might be. It appears that in such a case TBones methods are truly formalized for people in your position. Glad to know someone is here trying to make a difference with the CSC madness. TBone, we owe you a lot!

TBone's 'methods'?

The line was put in place by USCIS for RFE's.

I don't get this comment at all.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
OMG that RFE was like murder I cannot believe how painful that might be. It appears that in such a case TBones methods are truly formalized for people in your position. Glad to know someone is here trying to make a difference with the CSC madness. TBone, we owe you a lot!

TBone's 'methods'?

Replace the word methods to suggestions. Better?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

TBone's 'methods'?

Replace the word methods to suggestions. Better?

*shrugs*

The line is open for calling about an RFE. TBone suggests something else all together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I am just thanking TBone for his suggestions.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

In the past i've come across contact information for CSC from 2004. Its AMAZING how many ways you used to get in touch with them. Its USCIS's fault for removing them and creating the stupid hotline number. People are now abusing the RFE line, in my eyes thats USCIS's fault, they should have planned ahead like they should have done with the fee increase. I'm sorry but its definitely power to the people on this topic!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well I could not help myself, I finally had to give this a try on my lunch hour today. I was on hold for about 20 minutes. A representative answered the phone it was a lady with a thick asian accent. I ask her

"why does the recording say requesting more evidence?" She answers, "your case is pending"

I ask "Can you please tell me where in the division my file is now located" Her answer "Sir it is at the California Service Center"

I ask again a bit Differently" I understand it is at the California Service center, but where in the division is it, Has it been assigned to an Adjudicator?" She pauses a second " Sir it is in California Service center and it is currently in pending status"

I Say "I read on the website that cases are processed in the order that they are received and I have friends that have filed after me already have their approvals, Has my case been assigned yet? Her answer " sir I don't think that is possible as they are now only processing K-1 applications from august, we will send you something in the mail it should be a couple more months at the earliest. "

I called mid day here Central time. I have a hard time believing this was an agent, she sure sounded more like an incompetetent drone customer service person to me. Maybe they are on to us and this is no longer going to an actual agent.

Or maybe if the actual agents are all busy it eventually kicks over to generic customer service line.

:unsure:

November 5, 2007 --- 1-129F sent to CSC

November 6, 2007 --- Package received at CSC signed for by V SEMEGI

November 14, 2007 --- NOA1 Date

November 19, 2007 --- NOA1 Hardcopy I-797 received in the mail

March 10, 2008 ---- Touched

March 13, 2008 ---- Touched

March 14, 2008 ---- Touched

March 20, 2008 ---- Touched ( I guess approved but no update on website or email?)

March 25, 2008 ---- Noa2 hard copy received in the mail Dated March 20, 2008

March 31, 2008 ---- NVC Received our File-- Assigned case #

April 2, 2008 ------- Package shipped to US embassy Manila

May 8-9, 2008------ Medical (approved)

May 20, 2008------- Interview (Approved)

May 29, 2008------- Visa Delivered

June 12, 2008------ Flight to USA -POE Chicago

"Calling an Illegal immigrant an Undocumented worker is the equivalent of calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Rebecca ?????

Unless I am mistaking you had your Noa2 within 15 days !!!!! You don't know what waiting means and now that you are with your SO you are not in pain as we are. some might abuse the phone I agree to that ....but we are not like that !!!!

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Well I could not help myself, I finally had to give this a try on my lunch hour today. I was on hold for about 20 minutes. A representative answered the phone it was a lady with a thick asian accent. I ask her

"why does the recording say requesting more evidence?" She answers, "your case is pending"

I ask "Can you please tell me where in the division my file is now located" Her answer "Sir it is at the California Service Center"

I ask again a bit Differently" I understand it is at the California Service center, but where in the division is it, Has it been assigned to an Adjudicator?" She pauses a second " Sir it is in California Service center and it is currently in pending status"

I Say "I read on the website that cases are processed in the order that they are received and I have friends that have filed after me already have their approvals, Has my case been assigned yet? Her answer " sir I don't think that is possible as they are now only processing K-1 applications from august, we will send you something in the mail it should be a couple more months at the earliest. "

I called mid day here Central time. I have a hard time believing this was an agent, she sure sounded more like an incompetetent drone customer service person to me. Maybe they are on to us and this is no longer going to an actual agent.

Or maybe if the actual agents are all busy it eventually kicks over to generic customer service line.

:unsure:

If the line is busy - the calls are going to get transferred.

There are not an unlimited number of these 'IO's' sitting at desks to take these calls.

This is why I have stayed in this thread. The line is in place for LEGITIMATE inquiries about an RFE. An RFE grinds a case to a halt. A non-response to an RFE will cause a case denial. A customer may not respond to an RFE if they don't understand it. The line is in place for that purpose.

I honestly don't understand how any of you can, in good conscience, abuse this service by plying the methods advocated in this thread. How would you like to be sitting looking at an RFE and not be able to get through to someone to help you?

This is patent selfishness. Call it 'power to the people' if you like. Anytime a person takes advantage of a 'hole' in a system that has been designed to help those who are truly are in need - especially for a worthless 'feel good' - is an entitlement attitude.

I'm getting really angry about this thread at this point. For two reasons.

Firstly - I see some of you whom I personally have spent a great deal of time assisting you in your cases with legitimate help. Frankly it makes me really mad that I have apparently wasted my time on individuals who are so selfish they would put their needs ahead of others. Why have I spent my time on your case?

Secondly - I am angry at Ewok for not shutting down this thread. It's one thing for our members to discover legitimate shortcuts that can aid in actually speeding a case along. It's quite another to allow information to remain up on this site that could damage cases.

Rebecca ?????

Unless I am mistaking you had your Noa2 within 15 days !!!!! You don't know what waiting means and now that you are with your SO you are not in pain as we are. some might abuse the phone I agree to that ....but we are not like that !!!!

Oh here we go again!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of hearing this.

Hon, you don't know me. You don't know anything about my life and you don't know the details of my case.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
It's one thing for our members to discover legitimate shortcuts that can aid in actually speeding a case along. It's quite another to allow information to remain up on this site that could damage cases.

For the second time, perhaps the third time, in this thread: The string of prompts was volunteered to me by a lady Immigration Officer with USCIS. In fact, she suggested TWO strings of prompts in case one string didn't work. She knew that I had no RFE, yet she volunteered them anyway. If this does not constitute endorsement of the use of the technique, and if the Officer was therefore overstepping the bounds of reason, then it sounds like a matter for internal discipline of that Officer within USCIS. Internal discipline within USCIS is not up to us, or up to rebeccajo, or up to anyone else on VJ. It IS up to each of us, however, to remember that we are free to call the line or to refrain from calling. Anyone on VJ who tells you that you are REQUIRED to call or that you must NOT call is the one who is out of bounds.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

It's one thing for our members to discover legitimate shortcuts that can aid in actually speeding a case along. It's quite another to allow information to remain up on this site that could damage cases.

For the second time, perhaps the third time, in this thread: The string of prompts was volunteered to me by a lady Immigration Officer with USCIS. In fact, she suggested TWO strings of prompts in case one string didn't work. She knew that I had no RFE, yet she volunteered them anyway. If this does not constitute endorsement of the use of the technique, and if the Officer was therefore overstepping the bounds of reason, then it sounds like a matter for internal discipline of that Officer within USCIS. Internal discipline within USCIS is not up to us, or up to rebeccajo, or up to anyone else on VJ. It IS up to each of us, however, to remember that we are free to call the line or to refrain from calling. Anyone on VJ who tells you that you are REQUIRED to call or that you must NOT call is the one who is out of bounds.

Put a sock in it, TBone.

I don't believe your story for a minute.

Timeline
Put a sock in it, TBone.

Wednesday, 24 October 2007, an Officer Martinez. I didn't note the time of day, however, so obviously I'm still lying.

There's the risk that people might consider you somewhat rude, rj, were it not for your supportive and honestly lovely posts on the "Disparity between VSC & CSC" thread.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Put a sock in it, TBone.

Wednesday, 24 October 2007, an Officer Martinez. I didn't note the time of day, however, so obviously I'm still lying.

There's the risk that people might consider you somewhat rude, rj, were it not for your supportive and honestly lovely posts on the "Disparity between VSC & CSC" thread.

I gave you links before that you mocked as unverifiable. So don't go there with me.

I'll be rude if I care too. At least I'm not advocating in print a self-declared 'method' that has the potential to harm the ability of future US petitioners and their loved ones from being able to access a service that gets shut down because I was so damn nervous about MYCASEMYCASEMYCASE that I couldn't hold my water a while longer.

Timeline
I gave you links before that you mocked as unverifiable. So don't go there with me.

"Mock, mock." "Who's there?" "Not TBoneTX."

I'll be rude if I care too. At least I'm not advocating in print a self-declared 'method' that has the potential to harm the ability of future US petitioners and their loved ones from being able to access a service that gets shut down because I was so damn nervous about MYCASEMYCASEMYCASE that I couldn't hold my water a while longer.

Let's assume temporarily that USCIS is noting the use of the telephone technique as consciously as you assume is happening. It is equally plausible that USCIS, which you tout as being so willing to become customer-friendly if we're simply patient enough, will EXPAND avenues through which its customers can receive information. This supposition is as valid as your opposite one is. And, now you're the one arguably mocking people for being "so damn nervous" about their case, but this is completely excusable, because you'll "be rude if you care to."

VJ members are probably quite a small fraction of the overall number of visa applicants. I would like to know how many non-VJ applicants have learned about (stumbled upon, were given by USCIS) the same telephone technique, and how often THEY are using it and for what reason.

Edited by TBoneTX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.