TBoneTX

How to Shake Your NOA2 Loose from the CSC

537 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
[...] well...either way..my mind is at ease and that by far makes me feel productive even if it doesn't really forward my app any...but if it does...GREAT!

Diana

Diana, thank you for your complete report; what you're experiencing now is the exact point of the exercise. It's the minimum that can happen when we reach someone supportive and who's not one of those blockheaded customer-disservants.

One would guess that there are dozens of Immigration Officers staffing the Centers, but it appears that a couple of folks are talking to the same IO twice or to the same IO as someone else here did. If you didn't like the IO to whom you spoke once, perhaps a way to minimize a repeat would be to place the next call on a different day at a different time (during business hours, of course).

Don't count on being phoned back. However, if that promise is made and is broken, it provides even more ammunition to us when we phone them back: "I was promised a call back and never got it, but I know that YOU can help me. Please tell me where in the Division my file is..."

The information provided, the relief conferred merely as a result of our FINALLY having reached someone sympathetic and supportive, and the mood that we project as we convey the information and relief to others can go a long way in maintaining romances during the infernal NOA2 marathon. Si, man.

I agree with u one hundred percent made me feel better to get a human on the phone yep i know the touch happened because of the call but at least i know they have not lost us :)

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
The information provided, the relief conferred merely as a result of our FINALLY having reached someone sympathetic and supportive, and the mood that we project as we convey the information and relief to others can go a long way in maintaining romances during the infernal NOA2 marathon. Si, man.

Maybe I'm just dense, but I don't get the correlation to knowing what's going on with your case to maintaining a romance. If your SO is going to ####### out on you or get ticked off because of a delay that you, the USC, cannot control - well then, what's up with that?

Just for my own edification, can you tell me tomorrow if you got a touch from this? Some people report their cases were touched when they called, and some people report no touch. I'm operating under the theory that when you call the National customer service center, no touch is generated. But when you call the actual service center, a touch is always generated.

Hi Mox,

no touches. I'm pretty sure we just missed their office closing and got kicked through to the national customer service. We will try calling again in a few weeks and give another update when we do.

Jul 15/07 Engaged!

Oct ??/07 - Lawyer sent in I-129F

Nov 6/07 - NOA 1 Date

Jan 18/07 - Waiting anxiously

Feb 17/08 - A touch!

Feb 29/08 - NOA 2 - Approved!

Mar 02/08 - Touched

Mar 03/08 - Touched

Mar 10/08 - Petition arrived at NVC

Mar 12/08 - NVC forwarded Petition to Vancouver Consulate!

Mar 28/08 - Received packet 3

Apr 7/08 - Sent Packet 3

Apr 14/08 - Medical!!

May 13/08 - Interview date YAHOO!

GOT THE VISA!!!!! MAY 14, 2008

July 6/08 - Crossed the border - they let me in!!

July 12/08 - Wedding day - it was perfect!

July 23/08 - Back from Honeymoon in PR - now onto AOS?!?!?!

Sept 3/08 - AOS package in the mail - what a headache!

Sept 9/08 - 3 NOA's for AOS, EAD and AP

Sept 30/08 - Biometrics appointment for AOS and EAD

Nov 13/08 - Touch on AOS and EAD

Nov 17/08 - AP shows up in the mail

Nov 17/08 - EAD card production ordered

Jun 25/09 - Green Card Production ordered - Finally after 10 months!

June 30/09 - Received welcome letter!

July 10/09 - GREENCARD! - All done for a bit now!

May 20/11 - Sent in I-751 for removal of Conditions

Just for my own edification, can you tell me tomorrow if you got a touch from this?

We called the other night and got 'touched'

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: Timeline
Just for my own edification, can you tell me tomorrow if you got a touch from this?

We called the other night and got 'touched'

I'll bet you spoke with the service center, and not the national call center, right?

no touches. I'm pretty sure we just missed their office closing and got kicked through to the national customer service. We will try calling again in a few weeks and give another update when we do.

As I thought, thank you! :)

I'll bet you spoke with the service center, and not the national call center, right?

Got it in uno!!!!

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is where the idea that sometimes a call generates a touch and sometimes it doesn't comes from. The national call center doesn't generate a touch, the service center does.

I'm just a regular Sherlock Holmes, dontchaknow! :D

Mox....a bona fide mixologist/sleuth extraordainare!! :D LOL

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
They are not processing petitions in the order they are received. People who filed the same day I got my NOA2 are being approved. If that's the marker then it will get really silly. You are asking people to use it reasonably but if I had filed mid-January you can bet I would be wanting my NOA2 now too. Would I use the RFE trick? No, because I've been around here long enough to know the system is unfair and based on a fair amount of luck. I don't begrudge the lucky ones at all, I envy them and wish I had been them. But, I fail to see how calling the RFE line will help change the system. It's not like they feel compelled to make their customers happy.

You would? :blink:

I don't know whether that's a rhetorical question or not. Smileys confuse things sometimes. So apologies if you meant 'that's a no brainer' or somepin.

The point I was trying to make, if it was in fact confused, was that people are currently reporting between 7 to 28 days between filing and NOA2 without any expedite circumstances. If people start expecting this to be the 'norm' and start badgering USCIS for touches and ultimately approvals then it's gonna get silly.

But I have also seen people here who, once their cases got to the consulate, called the Dept Of State EVERY SINGLE DAY for an update. I honestly do not understand that logic, I'm sorry. The best part was those of us who questioned that logic were called out as insensitive and that we weren't as concerned about our cases as those who called every day were. :lol: :lol: That had to be one of my most frustrated moments here on VJ. And I'm not sad to say that the main culprit in all of that (and proponent of the 'badger them once daily' routine) is no longer here.

Yes, we all want to know what is going on with our cases - but isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? :lol: That doesn't apply in this situation, obviously, but I make this point to show you how far this can go down the wormhole. Everything in moderation. Hopefully most folks will remember that.

I agree with this completely. I actually think it can drive you insane calling up that frequently. I know checking the case update online thing drove me bonkers at one point.

I don't know whether that's a rhetorical question or not. Smileys confuse things sometimes. So apologies if you meant 'that's a no brainer' or somepin.

The point I was trying to make, if it was in fact confused, was that people are currently reporting between 7 to 28 days between filing and NOA2 without any expedite circumstances. If people start expecting this to be the 'norm' and start badgering USCIS for touches and ultimately approvals then it's gonna get silly.

That wasn't rhetorical - I was VERY surprised to see that. When I look at the processing times on this site, the shortest time I saw was 102 days. So it seemed WAY premature to me for a January filer to already be expecting NOA2. Even if there are several being processed at that clip, I would still not call if I were in that position. Mainly because it'd be rare for ALL cases to experience the same thing.

Are these 'quickies' mainly through one service center, or is it happening at both?

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That wasn't rhetorical - I was VERY surprised to see that. When I look at the processing times on this site, the shortest time I saw was 102 days. So it seemed WAY premature to me for a January filer to already be expecting NOA2. Even if there are several being processed at that clip, I would still not call if I were in that position. Mainly because it'd be rare for ALL cases to experience the same thing.

Are these 'quickies' mainly through one service center, or is it happening at both?

These quickies are happening through VSC - of course - and there's only been a couple. One was a Jan 3 Noa1, I'm not sure of the other. Of course the approval caused a great deal of excitment for the VCS side of the January filing community - I'm a CSC guy, so I know there are no quick approvals in my future. The only thing that can happen to me is that I'll be pleasantly suprised. Unrealistic expectations create emotional rollercoasters ya know. Remember the Stockdale Principle.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

LOL Thanks for clearing that up, BlakeandOhla. Our case went through CSC in 128 days when the VSCers were experiencing 3 week turnarounds as the norm. Sickening!!!

I figured the VSC would slow down some after the new filing rules -- more cases coming in = more time to adjudicate. If there have only been a few quick ones, then I wouldn't think a call using Tbone's suggestions would be warranted for a January filer.

FWIF, if the quick ones had beneficiaries from Cuba, then I'd completely write them off. They are routinely fast through the service center (because they are SLOW at the consulate).

*edited for clarity*

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
LOL Thanks for clearing that up, BlakeandOhla. Our case went through CSC in 128 days when the VSCers were experiencing 3 week turnarounds as the norm. Sickening!!!

I figured the VSC would slow down some after the new filing rules -- more cases coming in = more time to adjudicate. If there have only been a few quick ones, then I wouldn't think a call using Tbone's suggestions would be warranted for a January filer.

FWIF, if the quick ones had beneficiaries from Cuba, then I'd completely write them off. They are routinely fast through the service center (because they are SLOW at the consulate).

*edited for clarity*

I like Tbone's approach, if only for the thought that "It's doing something other than sitting around waiting" that can drive us to distraction. There's no way I would call before the end of May, however, it'd just be a waste of my time and the good folks over at CSC - who have better things to focus on like clearing up actual RFE's so those files can be adjudicated (which moves me closer to my goal, after all).

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

I like Tbone's approach, if only for the thought that "It's doing something other than sitting around waiting" that can drive us to distraction. There's no way I would call before the end of May, however, it'd just be a waste of my time and the good folks over at CSC - who have better things to focus on like clearing up actual RFE's so those files can be adjudicated (which moves me closer to my goal, after all).

:thumbs:

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.