ks1881

K1 improperly processed

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My fiance sent I-129F petition back in July 2007 and 1 month later (August) we have it returned. They said that this petition rejected and they require original signature of the petitioner. This is not true becasue the signature was there. to make long story short, my fiance tried to get help from the congress to poof that signature was there and the service centre improperly processed the application. At the end of September we have the service centre asked us to send the petition back. My question is, has anyone here experienced this? I was wondering if the case will be processed along with July filers or october filers? I don't believe that calling service centre will be benefit because the answer not giving much help:-(

Thank you.

My fiance sent I-129F petition back in July 2007 and 1 month later (August) we have it returned. They said that this petition rejected and they require original signature of the petitioner. This is not true becasue the signature was there. to make long story short, my fiance tried to get help from the congress to poof that signature was there and the service centre improperly processed the application. At the end of September we have the service centre asked us to send the petition back. My question is, has anyone here experienced this? I was wondering if the case will be processed along with July filers or october filers? I don't believe that calling service centre will be benefit because the answer not giving much help:-(

Thank you.

Your case will likely be in the queue with October filers. Your probably not going to be able to get them to speed things up because of the mistake.

But on the other hand, if you prepare ahead of time, you can get your interview in Jakarta very quickly. Only a couple weeks instead of months as beneficiaries in other countries have to wait.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thank you.

Your case will likely be in the queue with October filers. Your probably not going to be able to get them to speed things up because of the mistake.

But on the other hand, if you prepare ahead of time, you can get your interview in Jakarta very quickly. Only a couple weeks instead of months as beneficiaries in other countries have to wait.

Dan & Gemvita, thank you for the feedback. I have another question for you. What do you mean by preparing ahead of time? Are you saying that it would be okay to start on getting the police clearance or I should wait until the embassy in Jakarta inform me?

Thank you.

Thank you.

Dan & Gemvita, thank you for the feedback. I have another question for you. What do you mean by preparing ahead of time? Are you saying that it would be okay to start on getting the police clearance or I should wait until the embassy in Jakarta inform me?

Thank you.

Police clearance from the headquarters in Jakarta is good for 6 months. You can get that now.

Have your fiance send you the affidavit of support form, as soon as you get your NOA2 for the petition.

I think you may be able to have the medical done before you get packet 3 at one of the clinics, otherwise you have to wait until packet 3 before doing that.

Once you have your medical and turn in the forms for document inspection, you can have an interview as soon as the next day. So if you prepare as much as you can ahead of time, you could probably have your interview within a week or two of packet 3.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Other Timeline

Your case will be processed in the order of the date on your NOA1, as that is the date they accepted the package.

As a practical matter, it seems to me it would have been faster to have just signed new I129F's and G325's and resubmitted. But what's done is done.

There is no such thing as 'queue of October filers'. Or any month for that matter. You are in line by the actual date, not the month.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
Your case will be processed in the order of the date on your NOA1, as that is the date they accepted the package.

As a practical matter, it seems to me it would have been faster to have just signed new I129F's and G325's and resubmitted. But what's done is done.

There is no such thing as 'queue of October filers'. Or any month for that matter. You are in line by the actual date, not the month.

How many applications do the receive on average each month?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Approx 50,000 "K" visas were issued in 2006... If I remember correctly about 70% were K-1 or K-3... So that would mean about 35,000 I-129F petitions annualy (assuming a reasonably static environment).

YMMV

Filed: Other Timeline

Approx 50,000 "K" visas were issued in 2006... If I remember correctly about 70% were K-1 or K-3... So that would mean about 35,000 I-129F petitions annualy (assuming a reasonably static environment).

That's visas issued. Not the number of petitions received.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

That's visas issued. Not the number of petitions received.

What part of the highlighted above did you not understand? For each K-1 or K-3 issued there is one petition filed.... Though in the 35,000 number does not take into consideration any petitions subsequently abandoned for various reasons so this would be an indication of the bottom end of the range

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.