Anny

Help, my boyfriend from USA had problems with police , he wants to come to live in Mexico and refuge

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
:help: , HI EVERYONE, I NEED HELP, MY BOYFRIEND FROM USA GOT IN TROUBLES WITH AMERICAN JUSTICE , HE IS NOT GUILTY BUT POLICE WANTS TO SEE IT IN A WRONG WAY, HE DOESNT WANT TO GO TO JAIL, HE IS THINKING TO COME TO MEXICO AND LIVE WITH ME ALTHOUGH HE KNOWS HE CANT COME BACK TO USA ANYMORE, WE WANT TO MARRY IN MEXICO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT I GUESS HE NEEDS PERMITION TO MIGRATION TO GET MARRY AND TO GET VISA TO WORK IN MEXICO, WHAT WE CAN DO?.......HE DOESNT WANT TO STAY THERE ANYMORE , HE IS SCARED WHAT POLICE THINK TO DO WITH HIM, AND HE WANTS TO HIDE IN MEXICO FOREVER, I WOULD SUPPORT HIM 100%, IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME TO KNOW WHAT TO DO, WHAT PAPERS WE NEED TO GET , I WILL APRECIATE IT VERY MUCH :(

Filed: Timeline
:help: , HI EVERYONE, I NEED HELP, MY BOYFRIEND FROM USA GOT IN TROUBLES WITH AMERICAN JUSTICE , HE IS NOT GUILTY BUT POLICE WANTS TO SEE IT IN A WRONG WAY, HE DOESNT WANT TO GO TO JAIL, HE IS THINKING TO COME TO MEXICO AND LIVE WITH ME ALTHOUGH HE KNOWS HE CANT COME BACK TO USA ANYMORE, WE WANT TO MARRY IN MEXICO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, BUT I GUESS HE NEEDS PERMITION TO MIGRATION TO GET MARRY AND TO GET VISA TO WORK IN MEXICO, WHAT WE CAN DO?.......HE DOESNT WANT TO STAY THERE ANYMORE , HE IS SCARED WHAT POLICE THINK TO DO WITH HIM, AND HE WANTS TO HIDE IN MEXICO FOREVER, I WOULD SUPPORT HIM 100%, IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME TO KNOW WHAT TO DO, WHAT PAPERS WE NEED TO GET , I WILL APRECIATE IT VERY MUCH :(

First, do a little reading here:

http://www.mexperience.com/liveandwork/immigration.htm

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

First, do a little reading here:

http://www.mexperience.com/liveandwork/immigration.htm

:blink:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

The focus of this site is immigration TO America, not from it. Many would suggest that your boyfriend not "run from the law," but if that's the path you choose to take, contact the Mexican consulate for information. I'm not sure he could legally establish residency in Mexico under these circumstances (though I am not a lawyer or expert). That would mean he'd have to literally be "in hiding" and you would be an accomplice, meaning you could face prison time if caught. Guessing you already know that, though....

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: Timeline

It would be almost impossible for him to immigrate with a warrant out for his arrest. Mexican immigration laws are even more stringent than US ones. And if he manages to somehow get in, that would be illegal. And remember, US and Mexico have an extradition treaty - and they use it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

Eventually Mr.Walsh will catch him on America's Most Wanted. :unsure:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

I think if anyone here helped you with your plan, they could be an accomplice to someone trying to flee the US to avoid prosecution or imprisonment.

:thumbs: very good point.

Tell your boyfriend to grow up and own up to his problems. Do you really want to be with someone who runs from his problems?

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My standard answer..........see a competant immigration attorney.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

If he didn't do anything, why is he running? Must have been pretty bad if Mexico looks good...

Seriously though, we can't help with Mexican immigration. It's a lot tougher than US, that's for sure, and especially if he is running from authorities.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Timeline

Oh God...my first thought - didn't I read about some guy who killed his pregnant girlfriend and then ran away to Mexico to hide? I think it was cnn.com. I hope this is not the guy!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The only possibility is if he is tried "in absentia", convicted and sentenced to death, then he has a chance to stay in Mexico permanently as Mexico will not extradite if someone faces the death penalty. That being said, most cases will be re-sentenced to life imprisonment to facilitate the extradition. Mexico is extremely cooperative with US Federal law enforcement and unless he has the ability of Jason Bourne he will be caught. Living on the lam is extremely taxing and wears a person down mentally. I would bet that your boyfriend will either get caught and extradited or grow weary from the stress associated with the run and give in to be prosecuted and sentenced.

Now on the other hand 99% of all convictions are the result of self incrimination or confessions. Without confessions or self incriminating evidence such as video tape of a crime or photos of being caught in the act, it is extremely difficult to get a conviction for a crime. If the prosecution does not have a confession, does not have self incriminating evidence placing the individual at the crime scene then it is almost impossible to prove a crime beyond reasonable doubt.

Police will often try to work a confession out of a guilty individual, but from the prosecution side its is based all on the body of evidence. If your boyfriend is looking to run he is probably hiding from you. I have over 12 years in this business and I can tell you, innocent people do not run in a free country!

IR-1 Visa, I-130

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Marriage: 2002-02-02

DCF:

Interview: 2008-04-02

POE: 2008-04-11

Timeline
I think if anyone here helped you with your plan, they could be an accomplice to someone trying to flee the US to avoid prosecution or imprisonment.

agreed. Do you really want to marry someone who's running from the police? Life is not a movie.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.