edp333

Discouraging MNL-IV-22

27 posts in this topic

My wife just noticed today that window 37 handed her a MNL-IV-22 with a check next to the words, WAIT UNTIL YOU HERE FROM US:

The top states We are unable to complete the processing of your immigrant visaapplication until you present the following documents:

No documents are checked. Has anyone received or have knowledge of this document?

I have spent almost 40 minutes in international calls trying to reach USEM.

Just a querry.... what is MNL-IV-22? and what is AR also? hope i can get some idea about this.... better asked than know nothing....

janerevised043.jpg

janeandhernewcar001-1.jpg

My wife just noticed today that window 37 handed her a MNL-IV-22 with a check next to the words, WAIT UNTIL YOU HERE FROM US:

The top states We are unable to complete the processing of your immigrant visaapplication until you present the following documents:

No documents are checked. Has anyone received or have knowledge of this document?

Just a querry.... what is MNL-IV-22? and what is AR also? hope i can get some idea about this.... better asked than know nothing....

That is a very good question I had to discover on my own. The MNL-IV-22 is a form used by the Embassy to request further evidence (documents) before the visa will be issued. The form states you have one year to provide the evidence or the visa will be cancelled. In our case no documents were requested and the form was used to inform us that the visa is under Administrative Review (AR). From other's experiences on VJ an AR can last from 2 days to 2 years.

If you click on VISA FAQ in the top right of the VJ page you will find a link to Definitions and Acronyms under OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION:

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

That is a very good question I had to discover on my own. The MNL-IV-22 is a form used by the Embassy to request further evidence (documents) before the visa will be issued. The form states you have one year to provide the evidence or the visa will be cancelled. In our case no documents were requested and the form was used to inform us that the visa is under Administrative Review (AR). From other's experiences on VJ an AR can last from 2 days to 2 years.

If you click on VISA FAQ in the top right of the VJ page you will find a link to Definitions and Acronyms under OTHER HELPFUL INFORMATION:

edp33'

Thank you for the info.... and thank you for VJ families because though this site i got the USEM phone number not the toll free number(because everytime i call using the toll free its the answering machine all you can hear and you will get nothing).... I made a call yestrday and maybe we are in the same path, because Ms Grace told me that my application is under review though i did not received MNL-IV-22. I dont know how long it will takes. Im just hopefull before the end of March 2008 my visa will be in my hand.... I know evrything has a purpose. Good luck to all of us and God bless

janerevised043.jpg

janeandhernewcar001-1.jpg

i'm sorry to hear that :( do you think it has to do with document verificaton? I think Grace could have at least given u a vague reason why it was put under review... anyway, hang in there...i'm sure you'll get your visa soon...you'll be in our prayers :star:

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi edp333. i just wanna ask when was the last time u made a follow-up with delbros? youre under AR for 8 weeks now since your feb 6 interview. there could be something wrong with one of your documents that they need to verify. like what ive heard from somewhere that someone gave a fake cenomar, the girl's previous marriage was said to be annuled. for 8 weeks just for document verification? wow, its very disappointing...there could be something wrong with a certain documents to be verified. your experience gives people here the knowledge on what to do best so as not to end up nin the same situation and we thank u for that, but on the other hand, others who are currently under AR are somehow getting scared and worried. so i hope u could post here the new updates on your situation like when was the last time u called delbros or the USEM and what were their answers and what have u been doing and who u have been calling.

ive noticed too that your on k3 and others on the same situation like you are on cr1. so do u think k1 applicants under AR is no difference?

thanks for your time to read. i really hope u would have time on replying to this coz i tried to talk to u twice on other posts but i didnt get any reply. just want to hear from u.i hope u dont mind.

ill include u in my prayers.

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know a good number to call the embassy in manila to check on the status of your visa app?

Thanks

hehe since this is like a year ago thread...

i wonder... do i have to pay document verification fee of Php650 too in Metrobank now? I'm a cr1 visa applicant

i know this has been taken out few months ago since last year i believe and seeing the philipine usemanila nothing states there about document verification anymore which is better (F) (F)

Edited by LOSTGURL--SOPHIA

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Today July 6, 2009

My fiancee had her interview. We scheduled it when I could also be here.

Unfortunately at the end we got the white form MNL-IV-22

Nothing was checked on the upper part. The only box check was, "Wait until you hear from us"

It appears we are now in AR hell :crying:

ANY ADVICE what to do now?

I wonder if the next thing we hear will be is denied??

Or we just wait and wait and wait?

HELP WITH ADVICE please

Today July 6, 2009

Nothing was checked on the upper part. The only box check was, "Wait until you hear from us"

HELP WITH ADVICE please

your visa was put on ar...thats it...the co didnt decide yet whether your visa is approve or not...thats it...all you need to do is just keep on making follow up by calling usem and ask about the status of your visa...thats it.

God bless you.

Nice search to bring up my old thread. What I did was call Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 every Tuesday morning Phil time for an update. I called right as they opend at 7:30 AM because this was the easiest time to get someone to answer. Friday morning would be a good day for you to call for updates.

If you hear the recording immediatly press 1 or you will soon be disconnected.

Or you can wait if you have the patience.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Today July 6, 2009

HELP WITH ADVICE please

your visa was put on ar...thats it...the co didnt decide yet whether your visa is approve or not...thats it...all you need to do is just keep on making follow up by calling usem and ask about the status of your visa...thats it.

God bless you.

Thanks for the reply. Today I called,(one week after), but the person answering phones have not information. He just phone bank person and know nothing. He said maximum wait time is 3 months. Wish we knew why this is happening, of wish we can help fix things.

I made special efforts to be there for interview becouse there is more than 20 years diffrence in age. Here are some possable reasons we think can be why we got put in AR hell

1) The prescreener and also the CO asked me several times if I have filed a petition before. Seemed strange they repetedly asked. There is box to check on form. Seem like they had doubt? Maybe want to verify I never filed before?

2) I was allowed in the interview. The CO asked us both to raise our right hand and swear everything is true. Then she asked if ever arrested for felonly. I had to say yes, during divorce it got ugly and I was charged with assalt on daughter. Case was found not guilty. The CO asked if information about that was in file. I said no, since was resolved not guilty. I also told her was about 23 years ago. When I said that she picked up on it as being old and not revelant. But maybe they will run more back ground checks on me?

3) We waited until week before interview for fiancee to get medical. I read that at medical they will take passport and we wanted to go Hong Kong and see ate sister there. When fiance went in for medical she was on period so she had to go back. She went back last friday and since the interview was Monday morning, they gave her the results in a sealed envelope to take with us.

I wonder if all results of tests not complete? so need to get final results of medical?

4) Last but not least idea is, Fiancee is from Zamboanga where there are lots of terrorist problems. Even the USA has troops there to assist the Philipine army. So maybe embassy will do more back ground checks to verify this little 90 lb filipina is not a terriorist?

Do any or all of these reasons sound possable for AR?

We are going crazy here not knowing why and how long we have to wait

Thanks so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.