shikarnov

Medical Appointment

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All,

My Ira has been trying to call AO Meditsina several times every day for a week and reports that they never answer the phone. There are two numbers listed in her packet 495-250-9186 and 495-250-8899 that she's been trying.

Did anybody else have problems getting in touch with these people? We've got less than a month until the interview, and it's more than a little unnerving that they don't even answer the phone.

She's heard (and so have I) a lot of bad things about MOM, and so doesn't want to go there.

Thanks in advance!

Z

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Update: God has an interesting sense of humor. Not minutes after posting this message, Ira got through to the medical center and made an appointment.

Of course, then an interesting thing happened. She asked about shots (with the intention of finding out what kind of medical shot history she needs), but the woman on the phone cut her off several times, and told her that for this visa (K1) she doesn't need shots, or documents proving past shots.

Has anybody else heard of this? Is it accurate?

Dazed and Confused,

Z

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't know where Natasha and Vika are having their medicals done, but she discussed immunizations with them and ensured that everything will be documented and taken care of. If you like, I can ask her where they're going. Their appointments are for the Thursday before the interview (which is on a Tuesday), and we'll pick the results up the next day (Friday).

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Update: God has an interesting sense of humor. Not minutes after posting this message, Ira got through to the medical center and made an appointment.

Of course, then an interesting thing happened. She asked about shots (with the intention of finding out what kind of medical shot history she needs), but the woman on the phone cut her off several times, and told her that for this visa (K1) she doesn't need shots, or documents proving past shots.

Dazed and Confused,

Z

Mi fiancee was told the same thing, that shots are not required for K1. She still asked them to give her a certificate for the shots, as it is required to adjust status. It costs extra though, and they gave it separately, not in the sealed envelope.

From the state department site: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

She will need a DS-3025 for later. Ensure she gets one.

As far as actually needing or not needing shots for the interview, I'm not sure. They may not require any shots now. I would check directly with the embassy to ensure whatever is necessary to be in her sealed envelope actually gets in her sealed envelope.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It is correct that a K-1 does not need the vaccinations until adjusting status, BUT if you have them done along with the medical and ask for the DS-3025 then you can submit a copy of it with your AOS and not even have to bother with visiting a civil surgeon here in the US. This will save you time and probably a lot of money as most civil surgeons now seem to be trying to force a full new medical on people.

Be sure to have her bring her vaccination history with her to the medical exam.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline
This will save you time and probably a lot of money as most civil surgeons now seem to be trying to force a full new medical on people.
Don't forget to rule out your state's public health clinics. My wife who was unable to convince MOM to even give her the needed vaccinations back in 2004 was able to get the ones she needed here at our local public health for $10 each and the civil surgeon who worked there signed off free of charge, granted it took him 3 weeks to do so. Of course the rich folks on here, wouldn't dare shoe their wives the inside of public health facilities, but, odds are they are still better looking than Russia's public health facilities.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good point, Satellite. When my son changed school, the new school thought he needed a tetanus booster (he did not, as it turned out) so I trotted him down to the health department. Not only could they take him the same day, but when I went to pay the $10 (or maybe it was $15, I don't remember) I pulled out my debit card and they said "uh, cash only", then some admin person who was listening nearby came over and just waved the fee outright. Compassion still exists (sometimes) in the public sector!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Of course the rich folks on here, wouldn't dare shoe their wives the inside of public health facilities, but, odds are they are still better looking than Russia's public health facilities.

Sure, the facilities are nicer, but the people inside the public health facilities here are the scary part.

Some look pretty nice though with their fresh Jordans on. I had to wait in line while the guy in front of me talked on his cell phone while looking for his public health benefits card. He almost tripped over his jeans when he turned around though, I guess his $145 shoes were the only thing holding them up. Either that or his belt was broken. I couldn't tell because the big shiny buckle around his knees caught the light from his gold teeth just right... almost blinded me. If it wasn't for the frail old woman that happened to walk inbetween us and cut the glare, I probably would've needed some public assistance too.

Russia may have crumbling buildings.... but we have a crumbling society.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Sure, the facilities are nicer, but the people inside the public health facilities here are the scary part.
Slim if you understood Russian at a fluent level you would find that the treatment received by Russia's patients at their clinics borders on absolute rudeness and cruelty. Ever stood 4 hours in the freezing cold to have your X-rays examined only to watch the window of the clinic close in front of your face? Or if you do get to the window, you are interrogated on why you brought your stupid butt down to the clinic to waste their time?

But, yeah, the folks at our public health are definitely scary.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Dazed and Confused,

Z

Shots are not need for K1.

Only need them for I-485 later. Got it done for my wife here - paid $200 for 2 vaccines.

If you can get it done somewhere in Russia - it will be much cheaper. You dont have to do it at those clinics - anywhere but get a record (and english translation of that record).

Slim if you understood Russian at a fluent level you would find that the treatment received by Russia's patients at their clinics borders on absolute rudeness and cruelty. Ever stood 4 hours in the freezing cold to have your X-rays examined only to watch the window of the clinic close in front of your face? Or if you do get to the window, you are interrogated on why you brought your stupid butt down to the clinic to waste their time?

But, yeah, the folks at our public health are definitely scary.

I spent several years in the military and they have what they call the TriCare health system. Although it's not exactly like what you describe above, there's nothing like having a general practice physician with a History degree hanging on the wall in his office.

(Oh, and that's even if they tell you the right time to show up. "Did we say 14:30? We meant 4:30 in the afternoon. Yeah, 14:30 and 4:30, they're only like two hours apart and they sound the same so they probably did tell you that time. Oh well, just have a seat. We'll call you in about two hours.")

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.