aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

YO HO my fellow men and women in waiting. :D I just noticed this thread was slipping down the tubes so I thought I would give it a boost back up.

Did everyone survive the weekend? Not much exciting on this end. We did go to the drive inn again last night and see Cars. It was pretty cute but I'm almost getting tired of seeing kiddie movies. :blink: Think I might need to go see a "adult" movie. (and not that kind either :lol: ) Today has been the big bum day. I've not accomplished much of anything. Just doing the non exciting laundry and cleaned out some cabnets. whoo hoo.

Well I'm all buckled in ready for another week of waiting. (yeah, yeah ....I know ....I have no right) :whistle: but for some reason I'm having a few whiney days. :lol:

Oh and cmltdg...........i've gave up on the cheerleading thing. I think it's time we get some BIG sticks and go whoop someone. :o This had better be the week or I'm whipping out the big mean Flyswatter.

See you guys soon,

Vicky

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Vicky,

glad to see you've "breathed" some life back in to this thread!! :P I thought we had seen the last of it!

Well things here for me and Court are going well. I had a hectic shift at the restaurant last night, and one particularly bad table, the guy hated me right from the start, and after giving him the bill of $128 he tipped me ZERO! what a nice man eh? Oh well I guess everyone can't be nice eh? :(

anyhow this week I'm going down to the Social Security place to apply for my card! Hopefully I'll have everything I need and I can get that soon, then I should be able to open a bank account etc.

It seems weird saying all these things when everyone else is "waiting" on their approvals, I hope no one thinks that I'm being smug or anything, I just want all of you to get over to the AOS forum and we can all talk about these things.

Anyway ladies, I'll be watching that pdf doc aswell and hoping that Tiff gets the news we all have been waiting for this week :yes:

have a great day everyone

B)

NO no no Paul your not at all being smug. We will all eventually have to do the AOS so I've been having a look in there myself. Nothing wrong with planning ahead and getting an idea of how things work on that part of the process.

Wow working with the public is a hard job. I never knew that until years ago when I worked at a grocery store. Some people are just born to be nasty I guess. I think I would have a hard time doing that now. The older I get the more mouthy I seem to be. :blush: Hope you don't get too many of those Paul. Keep peeking in on us and tell us how things are going for you Oh wow I just realized...........you will be here for the 4th. Are you planning on going anywhere o watch the fireworks?

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Hey Vicky,

I'm not sure what exactly I'll be doing at the moment, but whatever happens, it'll be a special night..... as it will be our two year anniversary!!

yeah we met in Santa Cruz, CA on that night in 2004 so it will be a lovely night to celebrate! (L)

Paul

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, guys, glad to hear things are going well for you! Me, I just babsat for my brother and his wife their one-month-old little girl. What fun!! Can't wait to have my own. We've been calling her "Bean" for the last nine months, and I'm afraid for her sake that she's not going to be able to shake that nickname. :no:

Man, I want one of those!

Good for you, Paul, for getting on with your life. You guys deserve to do so, and I for one don't begrudge you that at all. On the contrary, it gives us all hope that there is life after the waiver, even if it does entail nasty people in restaurants. I have no customer service skills along that line.

I for one hope this is our week! I think I've maybe stretched the limits of my patience level, but just when I think I can't take anymore, I have to. I guess sometimes we don't know what we can do until we have to do it, huh? I'm just frankly proud of Cas and I for holding on and maintaining a strong relationship through all of this.

So, Vicky, are we kicking ### and taking names this week? I'm up for that. (Caspian always laughs when I say that particular phrase. Don't know why, but now I can't say it without laughing either. :lol: )

See you guys tomorrow.

Tiff

Did everyone survive the weekend?

Beetee ............. :dead:

ha ha..... j/k :lol: We need to be doing something new... such as getting all our cases approved and move on to the next forum !!!!! Feels like eternity dealing with this I-601 issue :wacko:

Sounds like everyone is doing well even though Vicky has started to lose patience and wants to use a stick to hurt someone :lol: It's okay that you share with us Paul, I like hearing updates and see how and what your next steps are, no problem here :thumbs: What a bummer about the nasty guest at the restaurant huh, but that's just one moron and the rest of the guests are surely nice right?! You should not let it get to you :)

I just checked the list and it doesn't look like there's going to be any update today, oh well...there's always tomorrow. We are all hoping that this week will be your week Tiff, you guys deserve it after such a long wait :thumbs:

Have a great day everyone :luv:

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

Timeline

Just an update from me. 90 minutes ago I received an email from the British Embassy saying that my fiancee visa has been approved and is on its way! I sent the application to them Fedex overnight last Thursday. If only the USA system was that efficient.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

:dance: Oh Mary that is go great. Finally some good news for you and something actually came easy!!! Talk about breaking the sound barrier. :lol: Yeah If only the US was that efficient. Could you imagine? All of us wouldn't have anything to whine about. lol

I was just going to reply to your other post. Good to hear that your looking forward to going back to the UK. I can't imagine how difficult it is trying to figure out what to take and what not too. I think I would let everyone know who has things in your house, that they have a certain amount of time to get it out. How about one big huge moving sale? Just for the things you really don't want to keep. That might actually help pay for shipping the things over that you want to keep. Maybe you have a relative who might keep a few things for you? Then you could have them sent over later maybe.

I'm sure once you get through all this moving stuff you will have lots to smile about. Hey you will have a wedding to plan for next............... :thumbs:

Really happy for you Mary,

Best wishes,

Vicky

Edited by Baileyj96

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Hi Mary&Tom,

I just wanted to say Congratulations with the Visa :thumbs: It's good to hear some happy news after all the ####### you've been dealing with. :)

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

Timeline

Mary, what a bit of good news! Congratulations! Now you can plan for your wedding, something to look forward to at the end of all the packing! :) I agree with Vicky. You should just tell everyone, your storage facility is closing, get your stuff out! I always look at moving as a chance to get rid of stuff I don't need. Good luck to you and Tom.

Tiff

Just an update from me. 90 minutes ago I received an email from the British Embassy saying that my fiancee visa has been approved and is on its way! I sent the application to them Fedex overnight last Thursday. If only the USA system was that efficient.

mary

that is the most wonderful news that I am sure we have all heard in a long time.. So very very pleased for both yourself and Tom and I am sure that you will be just fine this side of the pond :thumbs:

It's not easy when you have grandkids and are so far away from them Mary, I can testify to that , but you do adapt and at the end of the day you are only a flight away. :thumbs:

I wish you both so much happiness, if anyone deserves it, you two do for all that you have had to endure

(meant to say that I agree with your last statement too !!!!

Good luck to you both (F)

Edited by munchkins

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Timeline
Mary, what a bit of good news! Congratulations! Now you can plan for your wedding, something to look forward to at the end of all the packing! :) I agree with Vicky. You should just tell everyone, your storage facility is closing, get your stuff out! I always look at moving as a chance to get rid of stuff I don't need. Good luck to you and Tom.

Tiff

You know, it probably sounds weird but I never think about a wedding.... we just want to be together and live our lives. We will just go down to the registry office and get it done. I suppose that doesnt sound very romantic but after all we have been through we just want to relax. I think if I manage to survive the sorting of all this stuff (I have lived in this house for 30 years! we moved here when I was pregnant with my third child) I just want to get there and collapse in his arms. Drink tea all day and go for long walks! and do lots of laundry :)

Getting rid of stuff.. you have no idea.. lol! Everyone who comes in here says its an impossible task. I am getting that reaction from some friends and from my daughter who are normally real go-getters. Of course they know I have always operated in slow motion. My older son is the only one who thinks its doable and he recommends doing it as fast as I can.. like ripping off a bandaid.

mary

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Timeline

mary

that is the most wonderful news that I am sure we have all heard in a long time.. So very very pleased for both yourself and Tom and I am sure that you will be just fine this side of the pond :thumbs:

It's not easy when you have grandkids and are so far away from them Mary, I can testify to that , but you do adapt and at the end of the day you are only a flight away. :thumbs:

I wish you both so much happiness, if anyone deserves it, you two do for all that you have had to endure

(meant to say that I agree with your last statement too !!!!

Good luck to you both (F)

You know, looking at the photo you have of your rotties... I can't help thinking that my Caesar might have had some rottie in him... what do you think? lost him December 2004... tom never got to meet him :(

he did meet Sadie... she adored him... I will show you a picture of him with her during the his april 2005 visit here. lot her october 2005... three weeks before I left for London. its sad but her passing allowed me to go. its almost like she knew her job was done here and she didnt want to stand in the way of tom and me. As a dog lover i think you might know that it very well might have been impossible for me to move to the Uk and leave her behind. pitbulls are banned there :( she was a big reason we went for a usa visa for him in the first place.

You can see the picture of her with tom on this page... about two thirds of the way down:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...c=221&st=45

and I hope the picture of Caesar will be in this post here.

post-12264-1151515458_thumb.jpg

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Mary and Tom,

Myself and Courtney would also like to extend our congratulations to you both, that is fantastic news :dance: , and like everyone else has said you two deserve it so much! :yes:

I can't believe how one sided these two systems are: the US and the UK fiance visa system, it (like so many other things in this red tape jungle) just doesn't make sense.

anyhow I'm very happy for both of you.

How is everyone else doing, Tiff, Beetee and Vicky? London is seriously slow at the moment!!

GET A MOVE ON LONDON!!!! :protest:

all's well here, 2 weeks this Sunday!!! wow it's getting close!!! :P

Paul

Timeline
Mary and Tom,

Myself and Courtney would also like to extend our congratulations to you both, that is fantastic news :dance: , and like everyone else has said you two deserve it so much! :yes:

I can't believe how one sided these two systems are: the US and the UK fiance visa system, it (like so many other things in this red tape jungle) just doesn't make sense.

anyhow I'm very happy for both of you.

How is everyone else doing, Tiff, Beetee and Vicky? London is seriously slow at the moment!!

GET A MOVE ON LONDON!!!! :protest:

all's well here, 2 weeks this Sunday!!! wow it's getting close!!! :P

Paul

Thanks, the visa arrived via Fedex a little while ago.. pasted into my passport.

It certainly is a different system... no interview, no medical, no police report. I did however include all the same kinds of things we needed for the I-129 and tom's interview in London. It was alot of work and I procrastinated for a few weeks... a little (ok alot) gunshy after what happened to us trying the USA route.

My package included a cover letter, the completed online registration form (which asked for a load of information including detailed information about my kids, parents and siblings!), both of our passports, letter of support and intent from tom, engagement ring receipt, my statement of intent including our marriage plans, our divorce papers, our tenancy agreement showing my name is on it proving I am allowed to live there, financial stuff... tom's employers letter, both our bank statements, my deed to the house here and an estimate of its value, evidence of our relationship - trip itineraries and boarding passes, photos of us together, ticket stubs from events we attended in london, emails, phone records. Oh... and another $500 spent :( I think we deserve our money back from the USA!

So you can see it was the same amount of stuff really.. minus the medical and police report although i did have to say if i had ever been arrested. Luckily the answer is no. No idea what happens if it is yes. I did include more relationship proof than we brought to tom's London interview. In London I was with him. In this case it was all done by mail so I didn't want there to be any question. I could have requested an appointment to appear in Chicago but I think the only advantage would have been that we wouldnt have had to mail our passports. That was a little scary.

I have to admit, back in February 2005 when we first began researching our options I honestly thought that bringing him here would be just a matter of filing in a few forms. I thought the wait would just be for him to wrap things up there. When we found out what was involved we were shocked.... and that was when it was taking 4 months from start to finish for most people going through London. We ended up waiting 3 months for our NOA2 and and another 4 for the interview and then over 3 more months to have our waiver denied. 10 months to be denied by the USA. Less than a week to be approved by the UK.

I wonder why London has slowed down so much. I certainly hope that those who are waiting get their approvals soon! Its horrible to have ones life on hold.

mary

p.s. Paul when I am in the UK I will think of you sweltering in the heat!!! I love the UK weather :) I am a cool weather girl. I will not miss the humidity that we have here in michigan some days in the summer.

Oh wait.. I had better amend that statement about loving UK weather. I was VERY disappointed with winter.. I waited all winter for winter to start and it never did. NO snow! Sure it got down to around zero C a few times and a few people moaned that they were cold... lol!!! It was minus 17 C here when tom stepped off the plane in January 2005 :P

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.