aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Beetee,

I don't think it will be a problem with your application. Anyway normally what happens is that they will get in touch with you if they need any extra information. Tiff's spot on with her advice though, and we should both know as we both got delayed because they wanted two hardship letters and two completed G-325a forms! and, like she said, the USC must state that they know why the waiver is being filed in their letter! i.e., they are aware of the reasons (whether it be CIMT etc) for it being filed.

Have seen the updates, my heart goes out to you Tiff, why are they taking so long with yours??? :( Your below us right? They should be getting round to filling in the gaps and getting complete's done with those few remaining earlo London cases.

Have a good day everyone

:thumbs:

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

I don't know if ours is on there or not. I checked before I left for work but there wasn't an update. For whatever reason I can not check it from work.

Can someone tell me what the lateest numbers are? :lol::lol::lol: Or would someone check for me If I pm'd our case number? Curiosity is killing me.

p.s. i hate this computer at work. :lol:

Vicky

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Well I finally got to see it. Yes we are on the list.

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

:dance: WOO HOOOO Vicky, so glad to see that you are on the list :dance: Ha ha.. THE LIST... sounds like something...umm what word should I use ^_^

Thanks Paul for the info, that sure helps - I was starting to panic, I think all of this immigration process and personal problems has started to give me a stomach ulcer. Being the doc you are Paul, do you think that too much stress and problems can give a person an ulcer??? I'll be like this soon ---->> :dead: Ha ha :lol: I just thought that emoticon was funny :P

Vicky, what is up with the computers?? How come one is so slow? That is so odd :)

Let me go stare at the list a bit :P

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

Thanks you everyone for your answers. It does seem like a much longer process than I anticipated from London. And, the UK hardship, well I better start thinking up some hardship of my own... What would be a typical boiler-plate scenario for a UKC experiencing hardship besides medical issues?

I'm just curious...

Yep finally made it on the "LIST" Hey maybe we should think of something else to call it. Maybe we can give it a name and call it the "FRED" Aww I could have been the first to say........" we made the FRED" :lol: We never have got the postcard they said we would get. He will probably email me when he gets home from work and tell me it was in the post.

I don't know why this stupid computer at work doesn't update it. It eventually does but it's usually about a week after it changes. I must have just missed it before I left home. Oh well at least I know we are on there now.

Now we all have to concentrate really hard and get some good news for Tiff. I can't imagine how hard it is for you knowing it could be any day and getting so close. I'm sending positive Mojo and vibes for you. Hang in there just a tiny bit longer.

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Thanks you everyone for your answers. It does seem like a much longer process than I anticipated from London. And, the UK hardship, well I better start thinking up some hardship of my own... What would be a typical boiler-plate scenario for a UKC experiencing hardship besides medical issues?

I'm just curious...

Knight,

There are PLENTY of posts to help you as to preparing hardship letters for both the UKC and USC (The USC one is more important as far as the hardship thing is concerned)....... see the threads at the top of this forum as to trying to prove hardship etc. and what constitutes hardship etc.... also would definately suggest you go to immigrate2us.net and the I-601 forum as people have actually posted their harship letters on that forum, so that will give you a good idea. If I'm right even Nigel and Rob posted theirs on this forum, so have a look at them.

Of course every case it different, and you really need to decide how best to approach it from you and your fiancee's point of view.

I remember when we first started reading the examples of waivers and were thinking "my god, what would happen if you were two healthy people who had no kids? your're really screwed then!", but you really need to think about how best to make arguments to work for yourself!

hope this helps. I'll try and post our hardship letter on this and the immigrate2us.net forums at the weekend. Every little example helps eh?

B)

THE FRED .... :lol: or just Fred... what do you want to call it Vicky, I'm all game :D

Vicky, is it the computer at your work that is a little slow... you have got to do something about it, you could miss out on serious news if you have to wait 1 week to get updated :P I guess work is not a place to look into private stuff anyways, perhaps that's why it's like that :yes: Lol

I'm getting sooo antsy overhere - I can't wait for something good to happen, and soon !!! I can't imagine how Tiff must feel - I must say that you're handling it very well Tiff :thumbs:^_^

Btw, Knight... or you the same one from I2U ???

Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Vicky, I'm so glad you're finally on the list!!! Isn't it a strange sort of relief to see your case number just sitting on some list?! Yahooo for you guys! :dance:

I can't even say the same for myself. Today I've had a bit of a meltdown when saw the list. Handling it well? I don't know about that, but what else is to be done? I've been wracking my brain trying to think of what could be taking so long? Torture, perhaps? I'm trying to stay positive. At least we're both not down on the same day. That would really suck. I guess it really tests the strength of your relationship, huh? All plans of life on hold until such time as some man/woman who doesn't even know me gets to decide how the rest of my life will play out. That's what I hate the most. I realize Cas has made a mistake, but I just don't see we should have to pay for it for the rest of our lives. You know, I find myself thinking, if they could only meet him and see how good he is, there would be no question! Instead we're reduced to a few pages - well, more than a few- that someone reads about us. Sorry. Feeling a little blue. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to keep my chins up. :(

Tiff

Hey Tiff.

Thanks for the Yahoo. I was relieved to see it finally on there but for some reason I wasn't as excited about it as I thought I would be. Think it's starting to sink in what you were saying. How one person has so much control over your life and how you only have a few pages to beg and plead that they are really a good person who made some stupid mistake years ago when they were young and inexperienced. It's like airing your dirty laundry in front of the whole world. It also doesn't matter how long you work at it and how stressful and aggravating it was, you never feel like your few pages of begging will be enough. All the doubts start running through your mind and the nasty thought of WHAT IF it wasn't good enough. All I can say is you just have to shake it off, dust yourself off and dig down deep and get that POSITIVE attitude back.

We all have our good days and bad and I hope you can get a good night sleep and wake up tomorrow feeling a bit better about things. I know how hard it is and I think you are at the worse stage of this. I know it's cruel to have waited all this time. To know that you will hear something very soon and each and everyday expecting it to be THE DAY. I wish there was something me or anyone else could say to help you but I know the only thing that would do that is for you to finally get some news. Boy don't we all wish we had a magic wand to make all of this go away? ;) Try your hardest not to speculate or second guess anything with this process. If I've learned anything at all in the past year is that there is no rhyme or reason for why or how they do things. We can all wonder and speculate until the cows come home but I don't think it will do much good.

Well I'm not very good at giving pep talks but I hope your feeling better tomorrow and not so blue. I know I sound like a broken record but keep those chins (ha ha, yeah i caught that plural) up lady. You have to get some good new soon.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: again.......... Hang in there lady. Your in the home stretch now.

Best wishes,

Vicky

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Vicky, I'm so glad you're finally on the list!!! Isn't it a strange sort of relief to see your case number just sitting on some list?! Yahooo for you guys! :dance:

I can't even say the same for myself. Today I've had a bit of a meltdown when saw the list. Handling it well? I don't know about that, but what else is to be done? I've been wracking my brain trying to think of what could be taking so long? Torture, perhaps? I'm trying to stay positive. At least we're both not down on the same day. That would really suck. I guess it really tests the strength of your relationship, huh? All plans of life on hold until such time as some man/woman who doesn't even know me gets to decide how the rest of my life will play out. That's what I hate the most. I realize Cas has made a mistake, but I just don't see we should have to pay for it for the rest of our lives. You know, I find myself thinking, if they could only meet him and see how good he is, there would be no question! Instead we're reduced to a few pages - well, more than a few- that someone reads about us. Sorry. Feeling a little blue. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to keep my chins up. :(

Tiff

Tiff,

Me and Court send our sincere best wishes to you and Cas at the moment. (F)

It can't be easy for you at the moment with this waiting game, we all know how much it's drives you crazy with the anticipation and the letdowns everyone experiences, especially when there seems that the progress on the pdf doc is so slow once again.

But like Vicky said please try and stay positive about everything! We all need to remember that London's pass rate for waivers is >%90, and although it seems like not much is happening over there, I'm sure it is.

You did put the wedding date back Tiff didn't you? so hopefully it shouldn't be too worrying about that!

I understand what you and Vicky have said about this whole process. Someone somewhere is adjudicating your case and they know nothing about how good the people our and how much they love each other... .but Tiff your case sounded so strong and Cas's crime (if you would call it that, as it sounded like a complete minor thing) was so long ago, 10 years even before mine! all these things are GOOD points for you to remember.

Our waiver was not as detailed as yours either, so I'm sure your waiver is 100% rock solid. Even Vicky, if I remember, had researched her waiver really well and had lots of time to prepare a good one, so please try not to find holes in them, I'm sure they are very good applications.

Of course is doesn't stop you worrying, and it doesn't stop the bad days eh? You guys just need to be strong and when you see Cas next, it will be so sweet... and you will never have to be apart again (L) ..... which I am sure everyone agress..... is the hardest thing to bare through these diificult times.

You'll get there Tiff, and we are all here for you! The same goes for everyone else, this is why I beleive that these forums are invaluable. You can get so much support and strength from others that helps you through the darkest of days.

OK, enough of me rambling! Courtney and I send our sincere love and best wishes to everyone here, and especially Tiff.......

:thumbs:

Tiff,

I hope you are feeling better today, we all understand how you feel (F) I'm sure as Paul said that it's nothing with your waiver or what Cas did, it's probably something else... who knows, perhaps the guy that was supposed to adjudicate your waiver was almost done and then he got sick :P he'll be back this monday to finish up your case and by next week, it'll be completed :thumbs: Sounds good huh? uh huh :yes:

Luckily you and Cas take turns feeling blue, good thing that one of you is staying strong when the other is down. That's the same with us too..... actually, I'm feeling blue all the time and hubby has to do the cheering up :P

How is the wedding planning going? That should keep your spirits high, planning such a beautiful event, and before you know it, Cas will be there :D

Have a great weekend everyone :luv:

Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks you guys! It's so comforting to know you guys know exactly how I feel and that I can come here and mope when I've tired Cas out from my moping! :lol: I'm better today. You know how things can go along for a while and then one day it all just seems too much to bear? It's not like anything has changed from the day before, it just seems all so overwhelming! That's where I was yesterday. I feel llike we'll hear something next week. Hoping anyway! You are right. . . I just need to stop rereading my letter and picking it apart. I swear, every time I do, I think, now why didn't I say it differently, why didn't I say more? Lame and useless, I know!

Anyway, thanks for your support you guys.

So, Paul, when are you flying out? Are you in a mad dash or have you been preparing for this day for a while? I keep telling Cas he better get his butt in gear and start chucking stuff in the trash or he's going to be crazy before he comes! He, of course, does not listen to me. I'll so be saying, "I told you so" and relishing it!! :whistle: You guys must be soooo excited.

Have a good weekend, all

Tiff

Hi Tiff,

glad to hear you feel better. I'm sure that you'll be under review or even completed by next week! :yes:

At the moment I'm trying to decide on when to fly out. Of course I want to be there with Courtney now! but I'm not sure when the passport and sealed envelope will come back from the embassy?? I was gonna book a flight on the 15th of June, that should be ok, but I'm still nervous as to whether this will give me enough time. The courier service picked it up last wednesday, and Rob got his stuff back after about 10 days, so I'm still not sure whether I should just go ahead and book???

what would you guys do???

:whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.