aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Tiff,

Thanks for the welcome and info....true, that is so lame... 3 weeks before the put it into the system :blink: I submitted mine like 2 weeks ago, so I guess it should be in the system around next week *crossing my fingers*

How come it now says 12-15 weeks of processing, I remember that it used to be 8-12 weeks...gosh, I just hate the waiting :wacko:

Timeline:

January 27 2006: submitted and approved I-130 in Copenhagen, Denmark

March 23 2006: Interview, submitted I-601 waiver

May 2 2006: London recieves waiver

August 21 2006: waiver approved woo hoo

October 3 2006: arrived in the US

And-I-Go-WEEEE.jpgBear.gif

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

beetee,

let me also welcome you to the forum. Myself and Tiff have talked a lot about the I-601 tracking system. It does seem very strange to both of us! :P

When it was first posted they put the receipt dates for each waiver on, then they decided to omit this information, god only knows why!?

Recently I've checked it and the date when it was last updated has actually gone backwards from March 22 to March 17th :lol: so work that one out!

Anyhow we think you should start see approvals on the bottom cases by mid April as that would be around 11 weeks from the 1st of feb, and that is when the bottom case was received.

Yeah the group is quiet at the moment, but it's hardly surprising. Good to hear from Misty! I hope you're having a great time back in the states.

Bailey if you need to ask any questions about the waiver before the interveiw I will do my best to help. Just remember to have 2 seperate ones from the USC AND UKC, and also start the USC one with the fact that you are aware for the reasons why the UKC had to file the waiver. I just say that because me and Tiff both had to do this once we had already filed in London, and therefore it set are cases back about a month or so. Really frustrating and I certainly wouldn't want you to go through it aswell!

ok enough for now, hope everyone is well!

;)

PaulC,

thanks for the welcome too :) Actually Tiff was the one that told me that there were a couple of people in VJ that was doing the London waiver too. I was in I2U and I'm just about the only person there dealing with London - it was starting to feel a bit lonely :( Luckily I found you guys overhere.

Oh well, not that there's much to say about London, guess we are all waiting :P I know what you mean with the tracking system, I saw it too...lol, it went backwards - but yesterday I checked it and the date is now April 5th. So the newest entry are at the top and the old ones are at the bottom, is that how you look at the list?

Do you guys think that it's really 12-15 weeks....has anyone in here gotten theirs approved earlier since the annoncement of the 12-15 weeks instead of the 8-12 weeks ( I think...) That would be nice :hehe:

Timeline:

Hi everyone,

Well I just sat here writing this nice long note and when I got done it was all locked up. lol Anyway I think we are ok with the waiver. I took it over in a nice new folder all organized and signed. I typed his letter up for him and made a few adjustments so he could sign and date his too. He has a couple more character letters to gather up from a few people but other than that I think we are almost ready to go.

I've been on here and immigrate2us.net for almost a year now. I just don't post much, mostly just read a lot. Thanks for the offer to help and I might have a question in the next few weeks but I'm ok for right now. I'm sure I will have the typical panic attack thinking that my waiver isn't good enough but I did the best I could so we will just wait and see. Keep fingers and everything else I can cross. We will hope for the best and see what happens. I'm hoping that since his crime was over 25 years ago/ that he was granted a visitor visa to travel (london approved with the crime listed) his character letters/ my hardship letter will convince them that it was a stupid mistake that he did when he was young and under the influence of alcohol and they will approve us. Only time will tell once he gets everything filed.

Thanks again for the offer.

Welcome to you beetee. I peek over on the other site sometimes but I never usually post there. Don't want to sound childish but it seems to be a little clickish over there. lol

Good wishes to everyone

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Hi BaileyJ, and thanks for the welcome.

I did see your name on MistyB's list over at I2U, lol... you are scheduled for an interview soon I remember, are you having your interview in London or Ireland??

Before - I never knew about the 10 yr ban and waivers etc etc. now I think that people are more aware and perhaps that's why we don't see as many people having to do waivers * I think * ..... could be wrong :blush: I don't think that there will be as many in 2006 - which would be awesome, that means less people having to do the horrible I-601 walk and the immigration offices have more time to approve the rest of us :P:P he he

Timeline:

:D I see you having an uneventful weekend also. I'm cleaning but taking breaks and have a read on here once in a while.

We will be going through London. A couple of trips back and forth but thank goodness he can find some good deals on flights. He had never been to London so when he went over Thursday for his medical he took a look around. He wanted to find the embassy so he wouldn't feel so lost next month. He got a few blisters and some sore feet out of the trip. :crying: But at least now he knows where to go. His sister is going along with him for the interview. She wants to do some shopping. (so jelouse :lol: ) So that should give him some company and hopefully calm him down a little.

Yes I know what you mean about not about all this stuff. I had no idea but a years worth of reading until my eye bleed sometimes, I know a tiny bit more now than I did. I live in a small town in Indiana (the boonies as we call it) So every time I ask a question about license, insurance, adding his name on bank accounts, and utilities......... I get this blank stare. I've been trying to figure out what all we have to do after her gets here. (Being hopeful I guess) I did notice that the case numbers on the london waiver list were 2005 and I didn't see one for the year 2006 yet. Maybe we will have a chance of going a little bit faster but I have noticed things seem to slow down in the summer. I noticed between Oct/Nov 2005 to about Feb/March of this year seem to go a little quicker than April/Sept 2005. I guess we will just have to wait and see about that. I think most of it has to do with the idividual case. What the waiver is for/ how you presented your hardships and all of that.

I'll see you around here. I'll be here for some time longer.

Best Wishes,

Bailey

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Misty..im still here in the uk...but very soon be going...it was a cash and home thing which held me back...but its almost sorted...i am keeping a eye on the this forum when my pc don't go AWOL :unsure: anyway i must get around to up-date the 601 waiver list as things has changed for better and worse in 601 waivers...

anyway i got to get back soon as my MIL is very ill in I.C.U and her heart stoped once a few days ago and they stuck the clacker eletric things on her to get her going again...so yep a stressfull time here and there..

Hope everyones doing fine...im always around and about...

Nigel.. :thumbs:

Good to hear from you Nigel, and sorry to hear about the stress you're going through at the mo.

Beetee,

Yeah read the list as the first case recieved is the bottom of the list, Rob actually posted a shortened version of the list before the guys in London decided to take off the dates on the waivers and it read:

LND2005 638 008 - 3/2/2006 - London - Pending

LND2005 674 019 - 3/1/2006 - London - Pending

LND2004 752 002 - 3/1/2006 - London - Pending

LND2005 514 017 - 2/27/2006 - London - Pending

STK2003 364 003 - 2/13/2006 - Stockholm - Pending

STK2005 215 003 - 2/7/2006 - Stockholm - Pending

LND1991 151 001 - 2/1/2006 - London - Pending

dates received follow the visa number, so that may help you give a better idea.

I'm not sure about the exact processing times (we think around 11 weeks here), you are right... every case is different and some part of me would love to know why it takes so long to process these waivers (Nigel did say that the longest part of the process is when London sends your fingerprints off to the FBI in the US to do checks etc.), still the list has only had one recent addition from Stockholm over the last 3 weeks!! Is that really all the waivers London is processing at the moment??

Oh well, have a nice weekend everyone!

:thumbs:

PaulC,

thanks for the London waiver info, it was actually interesting to see the date they recieved it - makes it easier to track. Now it just looks as a bunch of London, Stockholm and nothing else on the list....kinda useless ;) Wow, the last one...or first one from London, that was all the way from 1991 :blink: wonder what happened there - the 10 yr ban should be lifted since it's been 15 yrs :P oh well, who knows....

I did pm Wendi&Bob, but havent gotten an answer yet - guess they are busy - but perhaps you guys know. I was just wondering about her 11 week processing and approval, was the 11 week including the time London put it into system, or was that after??? Do I make sense :P lol

Nigel,

I hope your MIL will get better soon :)

Timeline:

Thanks guys....that means a lot.... :thumbs:

Paul..yep the longest part the Embassy waits on the finger prints to come back from the FB1/DHS sometimes there fast sometime there slow...but yep...thats what most of the waiting about....as you can respect that the FBI/DHS gets thousands of request for fingerprint checks..

Bailey....you be fine! :thumbs:

Hope everything is ok with everyone...

Nigel ;)

Edited by nigel

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all, I hope everyone is well and happy.

I've been just faffing around. I just replied to you beetee! I've been to that I2U site, but its all a bit too grey for my eyes. :blink:

The courrier picked my passport up on Monday 3rd so I'm waiting for the return of that. Then I can arrange the next stages; the working permit and the status change etc. And the flight of course! Fingers are currently crossed for May 1st, so we're just hoping there is no delay with the passport.

Does anyone know what happens about being able to drive when I get over there?

Here's our hardship letters if anyone wants a read.

Introduction

I am Wendy. My husband, Robert, and I were married on April 14, 2005. We met online over 3 years ago and have had daily contact for the past 2 years during which time we fell in love, got engaged and married. We are currently awaiting approval of our K3 Visa permitting my husband to be allowed entry into the US to be with his new family.

The purpose of this letter is to show why I cannot leave the United States to live with my husband in the U.K. I hope that you will take this letter into consideration and grant him the waiver to enter the U.S. so we can start our life properly as a loving family.

Children

I have a child from a previous marriage living at home. My daughter is 6 years old and the light of both her parents’ lives. Her father, my ex-husband lives nearby. We has joint custody and he is very active in her daily life. My ex-husband and I have an excellent relationship as friends and co-parents and consider each other family as well. His family includes both me and my current husband as their family too. Both our families are supportive of us as we have managed to overcome any custody battles and have worked out a plan that will provide our child with the loving support of both of her parents without undue emotional pains. We live less than one mile from each other. We have made agreements that the duration of her being raised, we will be in accordance with each others wishes within reason. I could never leave my child or give up custody for many reasons, namely, I am her mommy. She needs both of her parents to be stable, healthy and available to her at all times. She has that now and any upheaval to this would be severely devastating to all parties involved (mother, father, grandparents and my current husband and his family). We are in no financial situation for frequent visits between countries. Also, her US education and heritage is very important to us. Her father has no desire to move to the U.K. as he is currently a student, his family are here and he has his life plans. As we have joint custody I would not be permitted to take my daughter out of the country without the consent of her father and he has stated will not agree to and would legally oppose any attempt to do so where he and his family would have practically no contact with her at all (please see attached statement of proof of joint custody). This would cause further heartache to all concerned and would ruin the good relationship between our families.

In addition, my husband and I have plans for extending our family in the immediate future. I do not wish for my daughter to be an only child. In order to do so it is imperative that I am in good health physically, emotionally mentally and spiritually especially during pregnancy. This is especially true since, at 37 years old I am in the window where complications can begin to arise. It is well documented that fertility declines from the age of 35.

Pregnancy Risks After 35

The risk of miscarriage increases after age 35; by the early 40s, more than 50 percent of pregnancies end in miscarriage. Many of these occur at an early stage and may not even be detected, or may be mistaken for a late period. The majority of these miscarriages are due to the chromosomal abnormalities in the foetus.

Other age-related factors affecting fertility include less frequent and/or irregular ovulation, and endometriosis, in which tissue that attaches to the ovaries or fallopian tubes interferes with conception.

When they do get pregnant, women older than 35 may have a higher risk of developing gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and placenta previa. There is also a potentially higher risk of having a baby with low birth weight, and of chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome.

http://health.discovery.com/centers/pregna...lityandage.html

If I am forced to move to the UK, I will be put under tremendous pressure from being apart from my daughter. I simply cannot possibly imagine leaving her. I fear this will be detrimental to our plans and the health of any future child we conceive as well as my own.

It is especially important for my husband to be here for this to support us.

Family Ties

I am close and emotionally/spiritually dependent on my United States family. I am an only child to my divorced mother and father. They have lived in close proximity of one another throughout the majority of my life.

My mother has endured traumatic hardships and now as a result she has been diagnosed as suffering from Fibromyalgia.

Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal pain and fatigue disorder for which the cause is still unknown. Fibromyalgia means pain in the muscles, ligaments, and tendons – the soft fibrous tissues in the body. (I have included more information on this).

She is currently in our home awaiting the time when she can find her own place or residential care that is close by. Because of the pain this brings her she requires a lot of attention to help her cope physically and to make sure her medication is in order. As her only child, I cannot express the importance of being available to her for both our sakes. I have attached a copy of her medical report.

My father had a heart attack a few years ago. I feel it is necessary to be readily available to him for support in case of future fates. As an only child, my connection to my family is vital to my emotional, psychological, and spiritual well-being. I know the United States and international law recognizes the unique relationship between parent and child and that family unification has long been a cornerstone of these laws. As an only child, I frequently see each of my family.

I have no family members in the UK.

Heritage

I am a Native American and a member of Monache Intertribal/Band of California Indians. Being a Native American is a cultural heritage that is extensively celebrated in the United States. My tribe is diminishing and is in great jeopardy. It is essential to participate in cultural activities to prevent this from occurring, as well as passing the tradition to my daughter and future children. I, along with my family, attend Native American gatherings and other cultural events in celebration of my Native American heritage. In addition, my religious foundations are Native American, including sweat lodge and annual ceremonies that are vital to our survival as an Indigenous Nation. I can not be removed from my cultural heritage; it is a vital part of my being. We are very much looking forward to my husband participating in our family gatherings and sharing the American experience. Being removed from this would create an extreme hardship not only for myself because I am in close contact with my heritage and Native American family, but also for my daughter who will not be entitled to rightfully experience her maternal culture. In addition, the possibilities of meeting friends or contacts in the U.K. that share my Native American heritage are highly unlikely. This would create additional hardship. (I have included my membership document)

Employment

My present full time occupation is as a waitress. Currently the hours are long and often unsociable, clashing with my daughter’s father’s hours. Because of this I have to arrange childcare facilities.

I have several opportunities awaiting for me here in Sedona that will allow me to take advantage of my native heritage and associated spiritual teaching and healing work, a vital aspect to our community (see above Heritage).

Moving to the UK would take me away from these opportunities. There would be nowhere close to my husband or indeed the whole of the UK where I could employ my knowledge of my ancestral home in this manner. In fact, my husband moving here is integral in assisting in my switchover from my current job. Him being here would instantly ease the burden of childcare costs and his eventual employment here would give me the chance to build up my new career in good time.

Financial

I presently have several financial commitments in the US.

I currently have to make home payments of $925 per month. I also have a car loan for which I must make $200 per month. My student loans amount to $4,500. I presently struggle to make ends meet as my current job relies on tips. My husband assists by sending at least $500 per month. I would find it extrememly difficult without my husbands support and is another reason why he should be here where he can find gainful employment and share the burdens of our commitment.

Emotional

The emotional hardship that my husband and I will endure if this waiver application is denied will be nothing short of devastating. The current stresses of the visa process have been enduring both emotionally and financially. We began this process over a year ago with the K1. My husband has since lost a well paid job because of uncertainties due to our situation. He has taken on low paid work and currently is paying bills here and in the UK. This makes it difficult for us to see each other as most of our funds are tied up domestically. We have missed family celebrations, christmas’, birthdays and have both had emotional upheavals from being apart for so long. Although we try to communicate every day via the internet and telephone, it can feel very lonely and insecure.

We have current goals to live the American Dream, including full plans including residency in the United States, a shared spiritual foundation, supportive relationships between the two families (including my ex-husband, father of my child), as well as mutual support in regard to educational and other life goals, etc.

I realize that my husband’s infraction is the cause of this letter. I am asking that the waiver be granted to him for multiple reasons. The infraction was over 15 years ago. He was young and learned a valuable lesson. Our life choices are healthy and in no way is that time period a reflection of our current lifestyle. He is very much looking forward to being a productive attribute here in America.

U.S. Support

I would also like to emphasize that by issuing an approval of the visa, the United States government has formally and legally recognized the validity of the marriage between my husband and I. It is well documented that “family unity” is an important value underpinning the raison d’etre of the United States of America and that actions to “assure family unity” is a major part of United States immigration laws. [For example, please see Title 8, Chapter 12, Subchapter II, Part II, Section I, pp.64 and 65]

Although, it is a function of law to provide legal definition and recognition to this marriage between us, it is clearly the intent of law to support the complex nature of marriage. In other words, in this and other genuine marriages there are multiple social psychological, familial, economic, cultural, spiritual, etc bonds which are presumed by the law to exist conjointly with the legal presence of marriage. Support for these complex, interacting marital bonds is a fundamental value of the larger society and a function of the law.

Because this is a full and complete marriage with emotional, social, familial, economic, and spiritual ties, my reciprocal bond with my husband Robert is just as important. All extra hardships are built upon the base of significant, although usual hardship. In other words, it is of note that I miss my husband painfully. I struggle without him and that affects our whole family. I am very concerned about my future because it depends upon the status of my husband and family values, and spiritual foundations as a family unit.

Due to the above hardships I respectfully request that this request for a waiver to be approved.

Thank you.

----------------

Mine:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Here is my explanation of the event taken place that has led to this application.

During my college years I was arrested with a friend of the time in possession of 1 marijuana cigarette. I must admit to my naivety and basic stupidity at the time. The cigarette belonged to a college friend who had passed it to me while we were at the local seaside resort of Rhyl.

Immediately after doing so we were promptly arrested by members of the local undercover constabulary who were just passing and "couldn't believe their luck" at making such a simple arrest.

We were immediately escorted to Rhyl Police Station where I fully complied with all questioning.

I later attended a short court hearing in Prestatyn Police Station where I was promptly given the minimal charge for such an offence.

The event proved extremely embarrasing for myself and my family and was a valuable lesson learned.

Since then I have upheld the law. I am no longer the naive student.

Following that time I have have been employed in positions of trust as a social care worker for the rehabilitaion of people with extreme learning difficulties.

Following a career change I went to college for the HND in business and IT. I have worked hard and am a qualified systems analyst employed for the several years in positions of trust developing worldwide online financial systems and since then I have been a website designer/developer assisting local and nationwide companies put their businesses online.

My current goals are to be with my loving wife, stepdaughter and family in our home in Arizona where I can utilise my skills to bring prosperity to our unit and the community.

Since Wendy and I became married I have been unable to secure any long term contract for employment in my area. The reason for this is that my US life-goals being brought up in interviews only makes me suitable for short term contracts. In this area that is low paid and I am now in a minimum wage administration position. This I must do in order that my family in the US has a roof over their heads. I maintain regular payments to my wife, and am required to pay rent and domestic costs here. We are struggling emotionally with the distance and time it has taken the visa process. It is very difficult at the moment to generate additional money so we can meet up with any regularity.

I am in good health and have no major ties to the UK apart from my immediate family who are delighted with their new US family and the opportunities our loving union has brought. I feel incredibly lucky and proud of my wife, step-daughter and US family. It is heart-breaking to be apart from them.

I consider myself an asset and am no threat whatsoever to the social integrity of the US.

I realise that the waiver process only requires that hardship is proven on behalf of the US citizen, but wish that you can take into consideration how deeply sorry I am for this minor incident that took place a long time ago. I honestly considered this time as “spent” and it is an emotional blow to my wife, myself and all our familes that it we now face a longer time apart.

Both myself and my wife are incredibly upset by this. I never thought that this foolish incident would return to haunt me, and we are further distraught by the seeming lack of information in my favour proving that it was indeed a tiny amount of marijuana. Well below the 30 grams as stated in the Immigration and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. 1001:

212(h) The Attorney General may, in his discretion, waive the application of subparagraphs (A)(i)(I), (B), (D), and (E) of subsection (a)(2) and subparagraph (A)(i)(II) of such subsection insofar as it relates to a single offense of simple possession of 30 grams or less of marijuana if-

(1)(A) in the case of any immigrant it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that-

(i) the alien is inadmissible only under subparagraph (D)(i) or (D)(ii) of such subsection or the activities for which the alien is inadmissible occurred more than 15 years before the date of the alien's application for a visa, admission, or adjustment of status, or

(ii) the admission to the United States of such alien would not be contrary to the national welfare, safety, or security of the United States, and

(iii) the alien has been rehabilitated; or

( B ) in the case of an immigrant who is the spouse, parent, son, or daughter of a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence if it is established to the satisfaction of the Attorney General that the alien's denial of admission would result in extreme hardship to the United States citizen or lawfully resident spouse, parent, son, or daughter of such alien; or

© the alien qualifies for classification under clause (iii) or (iv) of section 204(a)(1)(A) or classification under clause (ii) or (iii) of section 204(a)(1)(B) ; and

(2) the Attorney General, in his discretion, and pursuant to such terms, conditions and procedures as he may by regulations prescribe, has consented to the alien's applying or reapplying for a visa, for admission to the United States, or adjustment of status.

I realise I am no lawyer and that any decision is discretionary. I hope you can understand our concern as this particular incident meets all the above requirements.

I offer my deepest respect and gratitude that you may see fit to approve our waiver application.

Edited by wendibob

July 2003 - Met online

Oct 2004 - Finally met in person ~ engaged

Nov 2004 - I-29 sent

Jan 2005 - Rejected. Wouldn't accept digital photgraphs as proof!!

Apr 14 05 - Married in Roslyn Scotland

Apr 29 05 - I-130 sent

Mar 10 05- I-130 NOA1

Jul 10 05- I-129f sent

Jul 28 05 - I-129f NOA1

Oct 27 05 - K3 Packet 3 received

Nov 11 05 - Packet 3 sent

Dec 12 05 - Packet 4 received

Jan 05 06 - K3 Interview London - rejected I-601 applied

Jan 13 06 - I-601 filed

March 25 06 - Odd letter arrives from Homeland Security granting the application...

March 31 06 - Email confirmation of approval! 11 weeks. Yippeeeee.....

April 03 06 - SMS pick passport up from home.

April 12 06 - SMS nearly deliver visa.

Hi Wendibob,

Thank you so much for posting your approved letters. I will admit I was courious why you were required to file for the waiver. I would never ask because I find it hard myself to post our letters. Your letters were very well done. You should be very proud and happy. Congrats on your approval and all the best to you and your family for a wonderful reunion.

I'm not sure about getting a drivers license in California. Each state seems to have their own requirements. I know that in my state my fiance will have to hold a permit for 3 months before they will issue him a license. I did find out that if he obtains an international license he will be able to drive while holding the permit. (crazy i know) I don't think all states are like this but Hope someone can help you out and inform you a little better than i can.

Here's to a save journey and hope things go a little more easily the rest of the way,

Baileyj

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

BaileyJ,

sounds like your hubby had a great time in London, with swelled feet and all :P Interview is coming near, you must be excited to put that part behind you.

It must be annoying that it takes so long to get an interview date at some embassy's and at others, it's quick to get a date. I sent in my papers in Jan 27 and got a date for the interview March 10, then 2 days before the interview, they cancelled and gave me March 23 instead.....that really sucked!!! put me back almost 2 weeks :angry:

And now the processing time has expanded to 12-15 weeks instead of 8-12 weeks, while the cost of fee's /forms keep getting more expensive - one would think that some of that money should be spent on hiring more people. I think that the fee's goes up every year.. it might just be a few bucks, like $10 but mulitply that with the visa seeking people, and it's quite a large sum of money.

Wendi&Bob,

thanks for the pm. It sure sounds like you got your approval quickly, minus all the doubt in between.... wow, that must have been a loooong couple of days of waiting for the final approval :hehe:

Thanks for posting your hardshipletter, I know that it's very useful for others. I got a lot of help and ideas from the I2U "approved hardship" section. Even though I don't wish for anybody to go through this though. ;)

Timeline:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What about getting a license in the UK? Since I have to move there. I know my US license is good for 12 months....but what about after that?

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

You have to go take a test to get the UK license and surrender your US license -- I can't remember exactly what I went through many years ago, but I took a written and road test. Since I didn't ever take to driving a manual car with the "wrong" hand, I only got a provisional license to drive an automatic. It didn't really matter because I drove maybe twice in the UK in 10 years.

CA allows you to drive for up to a year on a license issued by another state or country -- after that, you have to apply for the CA license but I believe you only need to take a written test.

90day.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.