allousa

Still no word on Hicham's corrected visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Two emails later and we've still not heard ANY word from Casa about his corrected visa.

I had posted last week that when Hicham picked up his visa, Casa had issued the visa to his EXPIRED passport number. I guess it didn't occur to the person stamping the visa to check to make sure that the passport they were stamping it into matched the number on the visa!!!!????!!!!!!

Since Hicham has to take an hour and half train ride into Casa, he asked if he could wait. The guy at the window said okay and that he would call him. They never called him and haven't since last Wednesday AND they aren't responding to any of my emails.

The fact that we have only 17 days to go before our trip over...I'm praying to GOD that there is still room on the flight for him to get a ticket to fly back with us. Keep your MENA mojo going!

I'm about to lose my MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

allousa,

Sorry to hear of this. You both will be in my prayers. Be optimistic they will fix this mess before your trip is over. (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow I don't know how much they think a poor soul can take Allousa!! I hope this is all over for you soon, with good results. I'm just happy that you get to see him again. :dance:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Dang it !!!!! SO sorry about the wait, allousa... (F)

frustration.jpg

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Timeline

We've sent them 3 emails now and NOTHING!!!!!!!! NO WORD.....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really getting PISSED!!!! We have only 16 more days to adjust the flight if we need to. They are really causing us to have our backs up against the wall.

And it was their FRIGG'IN mistake.

Hicham said that if we don't hear anything today, he's just going to go up there tomorrow. I don't know if that's a good idea because I know they won't let him in and I doubt they will be helpful and that will really piss him off!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

do you have a rep or lawyer here that could step in and request action

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

I've sent an email to our Congress Rep...and....no response from them either, yet.

We do have our lawyer, but I've usually gotten a much quicker response on inquiries than he has. He said there really isn't anything we can do, that we are at their mercy as to when they want to correct his visa and give him his passport.

Timeline

It makes me wonder Jenn. I mean how irresponsible is that to NOT verify that the passport number listed on a visa is the SAME as the passport that you are stamping it in.

And it would be one thing if they said okay, we'll call you next week. No, they told him to wait outside and then never came to get him or call him or anything.

They've also been very quick to respond to my emails over the last few weeks, but these go answered. I'm beyond pissed about this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It makes me wonder Jenn. I mean how irresponsible is that to NOT verify that the passport number listed on a visa is the SAME as the passport that you are stamping it in.

And it would be one thing if they said okay, we'll call you next week. No, they told him to wait outside and then never came to get him or call him or anything.

They've also been very quick to respond to my emails over the last few weeks, but these go answered. I'm beyond pissed about this.

It sounds like they're stalling. Could they be pissed off that Rome reaffirmed the petition? Sorry I can't remember all the details of the case, but it sure does sound like Casa does not want Hicham to have a visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.