Udella&Wiz

Scrapbooking thread

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My favorite happy card.......it always makes me smile.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...411509_0001.jpg

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jomo, love the cards!! I just love cardmaking...with so many people emailing these days its nice to give and receive a homemade card...my current project is to make a card for everyone at my work with a personal message about why I will miss them.. its about 25 cards and I only have until the first week in April... :wacko:

Udella...will add you as a friend on scrapbook.com...great gallery so far!!..if anyone else joins Im Kimmbo33 on there...if you have the time, check out the section called "challenges" they are addicting..LOL.. each month there are different challenges (using a particular color, subject or scrapbooking supply..etc)...some offer prizes some dont.. they are alot of fun...

watch for your Michaels and Joanns flyers they usually offer a 40% coupon good for one regular priced item.. also if you sign up with Joanns online they will email you coupons.. I love coupons!!..LOL

Edited by kimmbo

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
anyone seen a cute scrapbook for wedding stuff anywhere?

there's tons online at target...

too hard to pick!

Very tough - I want to buy everything. I actually looked at Target last night and lots of neat albums, stickers, paper and some good tools, same brands and probably a little cheaper then Michaels I would think.

If you get the ads or the paper, Michaels has a 40% off coupon weekly (against a single item), so if you're buying a big ticket item, use it. Occasionally they have 50% off coupons too - yee haw

Liz - since you're just in Arlington, you should drive down to Scrapbooks-plus in Chantilly and have a look...it's the store we found the other day. It's at the Corner of 50 and Lee Road....Rt 28 is the closest big crossover I think.

Costco and Target are in the plaza across the road too

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I prefer the local scrapbook stores. I love the friends I have made at mine from different events and open scraps.

Michaels & JoAnn are okay. But, in my experience, they aren't really helpful when you have a certain question.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Yes - now that you mention the scrapping nights, this place has them and it would be nice to just get out. It's a bonus that they offer unlimited use of their tools, definitely many I don't have but would like to try before buying :)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Jomo, love the cards!! I just love cardmaking...with so many people emailing these days its nice to give and receive a homemade card...my current project is to make a card for everyone at my work with a personal message about why I will miss them.. its about 25 cards and I only have until the first week in April... :wacko:

Udella...will add you as a friend on scrapbook.com...great gallery so far!!..if anyone else joins Im Kimmbo33 on there...if you have the time, check out the section called "challenges" they are addicting..LOL.. each month there are different challenges (using a particular color, subject or scrapbooking supply..etc)...some offer prizes some dont.. they are alot of fun...

watch for your Michaels and Joanns flyers they usually offer a 40% coupon good for one regular priced item.. also if you sign up with Joanns online they will email you coupons.. I love coupons!!..LOL

Those are just a few. I've made thousands so far. Each design, I only make up to 16 of. Then, I move on to another. My mother just took 400 to sell at her lodge thing for me. I love making cards.

I started cause I made and mailed Andre one a day while we were seperated by the visa process. It just kind of stuck and I found I've made good money off of them too. It can be very therapeutic.

25 is not so bad. Hang in there........I AM sure they will love them. Here, at work, I made the people I was really close to 20 personalized note cards as Christmas presents. Those I wasn't close to, I made 10. I printed "a note from (add their name here) on cardstock, stamped, cut, whatever on each, stamped an envelope, and tied the whole lot up in a bow. Even the guys....which was a real challenge cause I am a girly card maker. Everyone is still gushing over them.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yes - now that you mention the scrapping nights, this place has them and it would be nice to just get out. It's a bonus that they offer unlimited use of their tools, definitely many I don't have but would like to try before buying :)

They are like us on VJ too........people who understand what you are saying about a certain subject!

I am crazy for punches right now. And the crop-a-dial, of course. Otherwise, I can't justify buying some of the fancier tools. I drool over them, sure. But, just can't make myself buy them.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just saw this thread, I posted an idea in Off Topic - if anyone is interested!!!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Timeline
anyone seen a cute scrapbook for wedding stuff anywhere?

there's tons online at target...

too hard to pick!

I bought a nice photo album at a nifty little store in Edmonton; then added my special scrapbooking touches. Suggestion: keep it in the colour scheme you already have Liz (cream and black, am I right?) and add FEW accent colours.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Yay!!! :dance: Scrapbooking sisters!!!! I'm on scrapbook.com too and will add you all when I get a chance (I'm Out To Pasture there if you want to add me in the meantime). I'm a consultant and preparing for a party this weekend and a workshop so I must get busy!

Here are some of the other layouts/cards I've done if you want a peek http://love2scrap2.myctmh.com/WebSites/Tem...px?PageID=97923

I'm going to get caught up and then check everyone's links out later when I have a bit more time. It's great to meet fellow scrappers :)

PJ

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Timeline

Gorgeous PJ - I've recently gone back to work (woot! more $$ for scrapbooking :thumbs: ) but sadly less time for scrapping.

I haven't done a lot with stamping or rubbings just yet, but I look forward to adding those skills to my repertoire.

Yay!!! :dance: Scrapbooking sisters!!!! I'm on scrapbook.com too and will add you all when I get a chance (I'm Out To Pasture there if you want to add me in the meantime). I'm a consultant and preparing for a party this weekend and a workshop so I must get busy!

Here are some of the other layouts/cards I've done if you want a peek http://love2scrap2.myctmh.com/WebSites/Tem...px?PageID=97923

I'm going to get caught up and then check everyone's links out later when I have a bit more time. It's great to meet fellow scrappers :)

PJ

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Here's a couple of my cards.....

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...346075_0001.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f377/jom...614356_0004.jpg

I probably made over a thousand cards during the K-1 process to keep me busy and not thinking about missing Andre and all that stress.

I love them, JG! I love to scrapbook too, but unfortunately I rarely have the time. Though, when P was here last I made him come to two scrapbooking parties with me :) He impressed the ladies with his skillz.

We spent hours in Paper Zone getting stuff for our wedding invitations, but they were awesome because for about $40 we got all the paper and stuff needed to make our invitations the way WE wanted them. And I think the end result was pretty nice. I started gathering stuff when I was in Germany at Christmas (some German stamps) and then we finished off here.

Since I have all summer off each year, maybe I should actually _do_ something with this love of fun. I am inspired now by this thread :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

• 9 months later...
Timeline

A couple news pages I've done recently - enjoy

hey Treble - this is what the land next to Brigadoon Public school used to look like - pre subdivision :)

post-25328-1236096663_thumb.jpg

post-25328-1236096676_thumb.jpg

post-25328-1236096692_thumb.jpg

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
:whistle: Udella.. those are wonderful!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.