abdo

interview for K-1

116 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Chi and i have talked in length with this couple, it was to be returned, i do know at the time they were to get a rep to do some checking, then it dropped off until now. It sounds like maybe it just wasnt sent back yet, it has happend lately in casa and the couples were given a second interview so maybe this is what is happening here also, just hard to say without more information at this time.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am asking what i should do or what i need to do before i go to the consulate this month...,should i bring the new proofs with me,that is what i want to know ..!!!!!!!!

im not asking why the consulate called me ??

yes my girlfriend contacted the congressman before she came here to morocco..

So you're asking for help, without offering any assistance in return? Truth is, nobody can tell you for sure what to bring....but always err on the side of caution. take everything you have that could even remotely be used as evidence to prove the validity of your relationship. Oh, and there's noo need for all the ! and ? marks, nor the bolding, I hear just fine.

-P

Chi and i have talked in length with this couple, it was to be returned, i do know at the time they were to get a rep to do some checking, then it dropped off until now. It sounds like maybe it just wasnt sent back yet, it has happend lately in casa and the couples were given a second interview so maybe this is what is happening here also, just hard to say without more information at this time.

I'm glad that maybe lately the consulate in Casa is not so 'trigger-happy' and giving some couples second interviews before making a final determination on outcome. :)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes take everything you can possibly find to help your case. (past and present)

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I agree :thumbs: -- this sounds like a 2nd interview.

Abdo -- bring EVERYTHING YOU HAVE -- this could be your final chance to show them you're real.

Make SURE they look at your pics, letters, chat records, etc.

For example, if they ask you "did your fiancee come to visit you?", pull out a pic and say "yes -- here she is visiting me in ______." If they ask "how often do you speak on the phone?", pull out the phone records and say "we talk every ____" and SHOW them. Do this as much as possible to make SURE they see your evidence.

Wishing you the best of luck -- it seems you have been given a VERY rare second chance -- al7amdulillah.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

thank you members..

i just called my girlfriend and she said the consulate called me its cos of the congressman.

03/14/2012: N-400 Filing Date

03/23/2012: N-400 NOA Date

05/07/2012: Biometrics Appt Date

06/18/2012: N-400 Interview Date (Approved)

07/20/2012: Oath Ceremony Date

__/__/____: US Passport Date

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I8sjCO9IjyU

Timeline

my girlfriend told me that the consulate called me for the second interview and i should bring all the old and the new proofs with me.

can members VJ help me about the second interview? if there anyone has a second interview let me know ?

thank you

I have been so thankful to have found this helpful site and the information i have gained here, FROM REAL EXPERIENCES, has helped me way more than my Immigration Lawyer

yes I have one and our petition has been hit with 221(g)!

It is now 10 days since he got the letter and thanks to you all here, we have tried to intercept this thing before it is leaving....

how easy is it to actually speak to someone at the consulate in morocco? and how can you "really" get them to respond to your request? so far, I really dont know

BUT

we will not sit on this

I emailed the consulate the next day..they did respond with their typical story

I did contact our lawyer...he told me NOT to worry and it wasnt going to come back to USA

he emailed the consulate..still awaiting his response

I went directly to my local Congressman and had them personally contact the consulate and the Department of State

the representative was SHOCKED, that out of all her experiences with consulates, Casablanca had responded the most expedient....2 days later

so from our answers..it is STANDARD PROCEDURE....it is in security checks...OMG ( I thought that was why he had to obtain translated court and police records :bonk: )

so I feel I still dont know a damn thing

I dont know if having a lawyer really helps and I think the approval of his 129F expires on 4/29/08

unbelievable

truly no one cares about our despair over being separated from our loved ones

I tell ya what

We have been married for over a year when his interview came

had more than enough proof and everything in line

he was hardly given any time and rushed out of there probably because it was LUNCH TIME

now he is just hastily given a 221(g) WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING OR TAKING PICTURES for proof of our relationship! :unsure:

but yet so many people receive their visa in hand

i just dont get it, but we are not giving up!

good luck to you all who are still waiting like us, i just hope this all ends for us soon

Timeline
I have been so thankful to have found this helpful site and the information i have gained here, FROM REAL EXPERIENCES, has helped me way more than my Immigration Lawyer

yes I have one and our petition has been hit with 221(g)!

It is now 10 days since he got the letter and thanks to you all here, we have tried to intercept this thing before it is leaving....

how easy is it to actually speak to someone at the consulate in morocco? and how can you "really" get them to respond to your request? so far, I really dont know

BUT

we will not sit on this

I emailed the consulate the next day..they did respond with their typical story

I did contact our lawyer...he told me NOT to worry and it wasnt going to come back to USA

he emailed the consulate..still awaiting his response

I went directly to my local Congressman and had them personally contact the consulate and the Department of State

the representative was SHOCKED, that out of all her experiences with consulates, Casablanca had responded the most expedient....2 days later

so from our answers..it is STANDARD PROCEDURE....it is in security checks...OMG ( I thought that was why he had to obtain translated court and police records :bonk: )

so I feel I still dont know a damn thing

I dont know if having a lawyer really helps and I think the approval of his 129F expires on 4/29/08

unbelievable

truly no one cares about our despair over being separated from our loved ones

I tell ya what

We have been married for over a year when his interview came

had more than enough proof and everything in line

he was hardly given any time and rushed out of there probably because it was LUNCH TIME

now he is just hastily given a 221(g) WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING OR TAKING PICTURES for proof of our relationship! :unsure:

but yet so many people receive their visa in hand

i just dont get it, but we are not giving up!

good luck to you all who are still waiting like us, i just hope this all ends for us soon

OK I think there is some massive confusion here.

A 221g is the standard generic form the consulates use when they are unable to issue the visa, for ANY reason. They list the specific reason(s) for YOUR particular case at the bottom of the form. Sometimes it says they are asking for missing documents or more evidence. Sometimes it says they need to do security checks/administrative review.

But if the 221g says they are returning your petition to the U.S. for further processing, THIS means the consulate thinks your relationship is "not valid" and/or "entered into solely for the purpose of immigration." THIS is the 221g that means a returned petition with recommendation to deny/revoke. THIS is the one to worry about.

What did your 221g state as the specific reason they could not issue the visa ? This is very important in figuring out exactly what is happening with your petition.

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Sandrila -- whoa hold up -- you say you have been married over a year. But I'm looking at your profile and it says you are filing for a K-1.

You can't file for a fiance visa if you are already married. Is this a mistake ??????

If you DID file for a K-1, AND you are already married, this could definitely be the problem -- and it could be a MAJOR one.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

ABDO: Your are damn lucky that these VJ women worked so hard to take care of you, without asking for a price. Your attitude of "lets get this over wth quick and give me all the answers now" is a bit offensive to us who had to work hard and tedious hours to get a bit of information about anything. Anyway aside all that, yes this sounds like a 2nd interview, although it could be anything. I say this because after 3 months of AP my husband was called back, nothing else specified and I was pretty sure it would be either visa issuance or return passport becuase might need to travel with it or 2nd interview. It turned out to be none of the above, with the appointment being to tell him they needed more time for security checks. Obviously your case is not related to security checks right now and more to do with the denial/USCIS return, or threat of return, yes for the second nterview bring all the evidence you got. Get a huge file folder for all the stuff and have them all ready.

SANDRILA: Wow K-1 after marriage...oh boy. How does that work? I dunno but I hope you get everything straightened out. WOM is right about this being inconsistent with your profile.

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Timeline
Sandrila -- whoa hold up -- you say you have been married over a year. But I'm looking at your profile and it says you are filing for a K-1.

You can't file for a fiance visa if you are already married. Is this a mistake ??????

If you DID file for a K-1, AND you are already married, this could definitely be the problem -- and it could be a MAJOR one.

Oh no, Sandrila, i'm sorry to hear that your case has taken this turn. it is not fair.

i've been trying to respond to your posts all weekend, but my computer kept kicking me off...

Yes, could you please verify if you filed for a K1 or K3? And could you please tell a little more about what happened at the consulate? Are they sending your case back to USCIS?

Thanks and hope you are hanging in there! (F) (F)

hz

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
ABDO: Your are damn lucky that these VJ women worked so hard to take care of you, without asking for a price. Your attitude of "lets get this over wth quick and give me all the answers now" is a bit offensive to us who had to work hard and tedious hours to get a bit of information about anything. Anyway aside all that, yes this sounds like a 2nd interview, although it could be anything. I say this because after 3 months of AP my husband was called back, nothing else specified and I was pretty sure it would be either visa issuance or return passport becuase might need to travel with it or 2nd interview. It turned out to be none of the above, with the appointment being to tell him they needed more time for security checks. Obviously your case is not related to security checks right now and more to do with the denial/USCIS return, or threat of return, yes for the second nterview bring all the evidence you got. Get a huge file folder for all the stuff and have them all ready.

SANDRILA: Wow K-1 after marriage...oh boy. How does that work? I dunno but I hope you get everything straightened out. WOM is right about this being inconsistent with your profile.

Tammy

thank you Tammy,yes i am going to bring with me all the stuff and the proofs with me as i know its my second chance and i have to work hard and explain to them that we are in a valid and real relatiosnhip..!!

but just to let VJ know its because of the congressman ,after her visit and after her interview with the congressman my girlfriend/fiance told me that he asked the consulat for a second interview and he explained to them that the relationship is valid..,the consulate called me now for a second interview this month at 2.00 pm

to Sandrila,i hope i could help you but i think K1 after K3 is a big mistake!!

Timeline

the consulate accept to give me a second interview because they think now that the relationship is valid and i can say that the congressman help me...,some other members on VJ say that the consulat did not call them for a second interview even if the congressman contact the consulate..!!!

Timeline

i am posting my timeline to help new members to know about the timeline..!!

10-14-2006 : met online

03-03-2007 : met in person

06-15-2007 : I-129F sent

07-02-2007 : I-129F recieved

11-15-2007 : approved at vermont

12-19-2007 : consulate in casa recieved the packet.

12-23-2007 : packet in hand

02-04-2008 : interview for K-1, not approved !!

04-01-2008 : call from the consulat for a second interview

04-17-2008 : second interview at 2.00 pm

------------- insha allah --------------

post-44827-1207653765.gif

i am posting my timeline to help new members to know about the timeline..!!

10-14-2006 : met online

03-03-2007 : met in person

06-15-2007 : I-129F sent

07-02-2007 : I-129F recieved

11-15-2007 : approved at vermont

12-19-2007 : consulate in casa recieved the packet.

12-23-2007 : packet in hand

02-04-2008 : interview for K-1, not approved !!

04-01-2008 : call from the consulat for a second interview

04-17-2008 : second interview at 2.00 pm

------------- insha allah --------------

Hello and I am happy to be here with pure joy in my heart!!! (L)

For all of you who have read my last post about Tarik's interview being in AP, I just want to say

WE GOT THE VISA!!!! :P

I am totally shock...he got the call today, 4/8 from the consulate telling him to come 4/9 with passport for his visa..OMG we are just simply overjoyed!!!

It is a feeling I cannot express

These last 12 days had me really doubting whether any of this was going to work but thank god

THANK GOD INSHALLAH!!!

Thank you to all of you who responded with your helpful experiences and links...

I know our fight is not quite over yet, as this is the K3

I get a little confused too, we are married yes...so we applied for the spousal visa first ........I-130

standard procedure is to file for the I-129F, even if we are already married..we do that to get him here quicker because the I-130 takes so much longer and hopefully when he is here, we can finish for his permanent residence here.

Regardless....it is a miracle my baby is free! He is granted the simple respect of being with his wife

and I am so happy!

So, now if I can ask any other veterans here...what happens once we get him ticket?

How long does the K3 last and what is the procedure of going thru the Port of Entry?

Can he enter directly into my city's airport or does the government tell you which airport to fly into?

I think he would be here within a week...GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL, dont discourage

DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.