Allie

AOS

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got back from our AOS interview. It was all approved :dance::dance::dance: Actually the whole process was not as nerving as we thought it was going to be.

The lady went over the application I sent in and asked a few questions to verify the answers I gave on the paper. She made copies of my passport, SSN card, my EAD card,Lorry's drivers license and asked if we were still at the same address.

All she asked for proof that we're not a scam was 2 utility bills and the joint rental agreement. Never asked for wedding pics, the marriage license or any other info. I had a huge folder full of stuff lol lol

All in all the interview was much like the one in MTL, painless, quick and easy going. She said my card should be here in 10 or more days and not to start looking for it until 10 days has passed.

She then explained about the card and it is to always be on my person and if I did happen to be caught without it on my person it is grounds for deportation.

So now we're done with USCIS for 2 yrs. :dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance: :dance::dance::dance:

Thanks everyone in the VJ Family for the help and support.

Allie & Lorry

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just got back from our AOS interview. It was all approved :dance::dance::dance: Actually the whole process was not as nerving as we thought it was going to be.

The lady went over the application I sent in and asked a few questions to verify the answers I gave on the paper. She made copies of my passport, SSN card, my EAD card,Lorry's drivers license and asked if we were still at the same address.

All she asked for proof that we're not a scam was 2 utility bills and the joint rental agreement. Never asked for wedding pics, the marriage license or any other info. I had a huge folder full of stuff lol lol

All in all the interview was much like the one in MTL, painless, quick and easy going. She said my card should be here in 10 or more days and not to start looking for it until 10 days has passed.

She then explained about the card and it is to always be on my person and if I did happen to be caught without it on my person it is grounds for deportation.

So now we're done with USCIS for 2 yrs. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Allie & Lorry

Congrats!!!! :thumbs: Now if they've finally finished construction on the I-90 you can get home soon and really celebrate. If not you'll need to snake your your way down Mission and Freya and every other goat path. :lol: It sounds like you didn't get the older, confused lady who works there. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So now we're done with USCIS for 2 yrs. :dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance: :dance::dance::dance:

Allie & Lorry

They expect you to carry your GC around all the time? No kidding....what if you get mugged at the mall? Hope you don't of course..be easy to lose and it's hardly your library card if ya know what I mean

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!!

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations, Allie!

They expect you to carry your GC around all the time? No kidding....what if you get mugged at the mall? Hope you don't of course..be easy to lose and it's hardly your library card if ya know what I mean

Yeah..... kind of funny (not ha ha), really. Don't carry around your SSN card, which you're always asked for, but do carry around your greencard, which you're never asked for. If you take the "grounds for deportation" analogy a little further.... how does an American prove they're an American if they don't carry around their birth certificate or passport? One of those statements that make you go "hmmm".

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Allie & Lorry

LOL LOL When she did tell me about making sure I always have it with me Lorry asked her that same question about being robbed or losing his wallet.

Her answer " if that happens he applies for another GC under lost or stolen and to report it immediately" A typical USCIS answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.