BigCityDave

Hungarian Ambassador coming to my school. Can he help?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Hungarian Ambassador is coming to my University and I could have the chance to meet him. Do you all think he might be a good person to to go for some advice in my case?

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

It certainly wouldn't hurt. If you think it could help, go for it! I don't think the ambassador could give you advice about a case, but maybe, similar to a US senator, they could make an inquiry.

Edited by reeses16

I don't believe the Ambassador is going to help your case. You have to find a cosponsor. (Unless the Ambassador is willing to be a co-sponsor himself) Without the I-134 they aren't going to budge, they have to know that someone is going to support your fiance once she gets to the states, and that it won't be the US govt doing the supporting.

Do you have any friends, cousins that could maybe help you out?

12140.gif

Timeline

Are you trying to get advice about an I-134? Are you a university student? Did you receive scholarships or loans? You can try to use them for your I-134. For my hubby's K1 interview I had to submit the last 3 years worth of tax info. I submitted my financial aid award letters. We went through the K1 interview and AOS with no problems. I am oversimplifying the situation, but it might be an option. I didn't have anyone who was willing to co-sponsor. So I figure I didn't have anything to lose if I tried. Feel free to PM.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Hungarian Ambassador is coming to my University and I could have the chance to meet him. Do you all think he might be a good person to to go for some advice in my case?

The US Ambassador to Hungary could certainly be of some help at the Consulate stage but the Hungarian Ambassador to the US is another story. Which one is it?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hey everyone,

Dave,

What exactly do you hope the Hungarian Ambassador to the US can do for you? (That's the ambassador that's coming to your university right?) He is the representative of HUNGARY to the USA....I don't think he has much knowledge or expertise in US immigration law governing the issuance of immigrant-intent visas to the US. Your petition is still within the US, since its not yet approved at the USCIS level. There really isn't much anyone can do at this stage, but wait. Given that you've had excellent advice on the completion of your petition, and I'm sure you did a good job with it, I'm fairly positive that your petition will be approved eventually. Your case is well within normal processing times, as of now....there are as yet no "abnormalities" in your situation. I'm not sure that any advice is more helpful at this point than, be patient, wait out the resolution of the petition you've submitted. :)

Your other concerns and worries (w/ your I-134 and income qualifications) will need to be addressed at a later point, when your approved petition makes its way to the US consulate in Budapest. Who knows what your situation will be like in a few months from now? Maybe you'll be able to prevail upon your parents/family to help you out by co-sponsoring, perhaps you will have gotten a raise at work, or even maybe won the lottery. ;) It is too much in advance for you to be worrying that your income shortage will cause your fiancee to not get her visa.

Good luck,

-P

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

In regards to you I-134. You may want to consider a 2nd, part-time job. The extra work could be used to bolster your current income (I think present income is given more weight than past income). You may have several months of pay stubs by the time the interview comes up. Also, I'm sure any extra $ will make things easier down the road.

Edited by reeses16

In regards to you I-134. You may want to consider a 2nd, part-time job. The extra work could be used to bolster your current income (I think present income is given more weight than past income). You may have several months of pay stubs by the time the interview comes up. Also, I'm sure any extra $ will make things easier down the road.

BigCityDave is a full time student, already working part-time. I'm not sure how much more room he has in his schedule to add yet another job....therein partly lies his worry. :)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.