dueber

mistake on K1 application

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I filed a K1 petition for my ex-fiance and during the waiting period the relationship ended and I decided to withdraw the application. After a couple of months I received the paperwork stating that the case had been closed. I met another woman shortly after and fell in love with her immediately and decided that we wanted to get married. So, about 5 months later I filed a second petition and received the NOA1 shortly after. 2 months later I received a notice stating that my case was being transferred to the local office in the city I live in because that office now has jurisdiction over it. After receiving this notice I reviewed the application and realized that I had made a huge error. I checked "no" on the box that said "have you ever filed for any other person before". After realizing this mistake, I filed an amendment and provided all the documents from the prior petition. It's been over a year and have yet to hear anything. I have gone to 5 infopass appts, made a phone inq, sent 2 letters to the district director, and had my senators office call on 4 occasions. Has anyone ever made this kind of error or heard of anything similar to this? Has anyone ever been charged or had to deal with a visa fraud investigation? Thanks for the feedback.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I filed a K1 petition for my ex-fiance and during the waiting period the relationship ended and I decided to withdraw the application. After a couple of months I received the paperwork stating that the case had been closed. I met another woman shortly after and fell in love with her immediately and decided that we wanted to get married. So, about 5 months later I filed a second petition and received the NOA1 shortly after. 2 months later I received a notice stating that my case was being transferred to the local office in the city I live in because that office now has jurisdiction over it. After receiving this notice I reviewed the application and realized that I had made a huge error. I checked "no" on the box that said "have you ever filed for any other person before". After realizing this mistake, I filed an amendment and provided all the documents from the prior petition. It's been over a year and have yet to hear anything. I have gone to 5 infopass appts, made a phone inq, sent 2 letters to the district director, and had my senators office call on 4 occasions. Has anyone ever made this kind of error or heard of anything similar to this? Has anyone ever been charged or had to deal with a visa fraud investigation? Thanks for the feedback.

When you withdrawn the application it was already approved?? If it was not I think than it won't be a big problem...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
When you withdrawn the application it was already approved?? If it was not I think than it won't be a big problem...

A big deal to whom? The question on the I-129f is have you ever filed a previous petition... It does not say anything about a previous approved petition... The answer the OP gave in his second petition was either a innocent mistake or a misrepresentation... I am not sure we know exactly what kind of a big deal this is or could be....

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.