rebeccajo

Because it's almost here

116 posts in this topic

Enjoy! :thumbs:

Well...it turned out my friend and I were too hungry to wait for me to cook blini, so we're having those tomorrow.

In the meantime she had oatcake pancakes that needed to be eaten (they had all the ingredients of oatcakes, but they were like pancakes. I'm more used to the Scottish oatcake biscuit variety).

We had those stuffed with goat's cheese, sweet pepper, red onion, bacon and spinach - they were so very very good! We then had the lemon and sugar pancakes for dessert.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'd make two batches - you have to have British pancakes for a British festivity! :P

I like American pancakes but not nearly as much.

*has coughing fit* Ahem it's not a British (only) festivity, and well... I'm not british :whistle::blush:

Sorry, here: You have to make non-American pancakes for a British, Irish and Australian festivity!

;)

Lent lasts 40 days to represent the 40 days that Jesus spent in the desert fasting being tempted by the devil, if anyone's curious! Obviously it would have been impractical and dangerous for religious followers to fast for that amount of time too, so instead it used to be that only rich foods were not consumed - and from there it developed into giving up a luxury or vice.

I still remember some things from Catholic school...

On the subject of eggs: I don't know anyone who wasn't disappointed as a child when they received a Cadbury's Creme Easter egg only to find out that the egg was not just a giant version of the regular creme egg and was actually hollow inside.

Thanks for the warning! :o I (not a child but a silly American) was eyeing one in Waitrose this afternoon...could never eat the thing...but I really wanted to break it open and have a look at all the gooey insides....disappointed by the news :( but you've saved me about 10 quid!

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Haha, you're very welcome! :lol:

Believe me...if most people in the UK hadn't desired a Creme Easter egg as a kid, we'd probably just all be disappointed as adults, instead!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Thanks for the crepe analogy! My paternal grandmother was French, so I know what they are (just need to know how to make them now...)...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Believe me...if most people in the UK hadn't desired a Creme Easter egg as a kid, we'd probably just all be disappointed as adults, instead!

mmmm creme eggs. The only way to eat one: bite off the top, use your finger to scoop out the cremey bit and then devour the chocolate egg shell.... ooh i could eat one now.

mmmm creme eggs. The only way to eat one: bite off the top, use your finger to scoop out the cremey bit and then devour the chocolate egg shell.... ooh i could eat one now.

Gary likes to put Creme Eggs in the frig, he's just finished the ones his mom brought over on hols.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

No no no, not your finger! Stick that tongue in there :hehe:

I wonder if the Cadbury creme eggs in the US (the only Cadbury product I see in the US...and only around Easter) are made by Hershey's?

Probably :(

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

No no no, not your finger! Stick that tongue in there :hehe:

I wonder if the Cadbury creme eggs in the US (the only Cadbury product I see in the US...and only around Easter) are made by Hershey's?

Probably :(

But they taste the same as the ones in England :) and that's just fine with me :)

For anyone who wants a good pancake/ crepe recipe, I used this one yesterday and they were the best pancakes I've ever made!

Thank you, Delia :D

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mmmn, yup, the Cadbury's Creme Eggs taste the same over here (to me anyway!). I scrape the choc away with my teeth until I get to the middle then do a turbo suck and vacuum it all up into my mouth. Yum! :P

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

There should be a thread on how to eat a Cadburys Creme Egg, and it'd be full of pseudo-erotic descriptions :P

Stu.

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.