a-jeanne

Very Serious Question-Moving to US from the UK while NOA2 is in progress

23 posts in this topic

Grr - I could have sworn he had already filed. d'oh! :blush: Will keep eyes peeled...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I know being apart is difficult (I haven't seen my fiance since Nov 2006), but when I first joined VJ, there were a few posts from people who were denied entry and sent back home, so we decided not to chance it.

However, as Jeraly said, nothing ventured..nothing gained. If you're completely prepared for all of the questions and the possibility of being denied entry, it can't hurt to try. In my case, it would've been difficult financially to spend the money on plane tickets, just to turn around and go back without even seeing each other.

This has been a long and frustrating experience in some respects, but we will finally be together in 2 weeks. Although I finally know the date that we will be together and it's just a short time away, the days are going by very slowly!

I wish you the best in your decision...please keep us posted. I will continue to look for the posts from those with personal experiences in this area, too. :)

Edited by u2rsobad

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

I know being apart is difficult (I haven't seen my fiance since Nov 2006), but when I first joined VJ, there were a few posts from people who were denied entry and sent back home, so we decided not to chance it.

However, as Jeraly said, nothing ventured..nothing gained. If you're completely prepared for all of the questions and the possibility of being denied entry, it can't hurt to try. In my case, it would've been difficult financially to spend the money on plane tickets, just to turn around and go back without even seeing each other.

This has been a long and frustrating experience in some respects, but we will finally be together in 2 weeks. Although I finally know the date that we will be together and it's just a short time away, the days are going by very slowly!

I wish you the best in your decision...please keep us posted. I will continue to look for the posts from those with personal experiences in this area, too. :)

How do you go so long without seeing each other? That is our problem and fortunately we can afford to go back and forth when we want - so far.

I'm glad that you will finally be together in two weeks - congratulations and best of luck! I will keep everyone posted. Thank you.

We filed for K-1 whilst I was visiting the US from the UK. I then decided to stay the entire 3 month allowance under the visa waiver programme. I left the US and went back to the UK for 2 weeks after the 3 months had expired, and then returned to the US for a further 10 weeks. I then returned to the UK only for my medical and embassy interview. I was absolutely honest at POE and said I wanted to spend as much time with my fiance as possible and was never once questioned about my ties back in the UK. To be honest, I hadn't found Visa Journey at this time and had no idea that my long visits to the US may have caused problems at immigration. You can only try the same thing and see what happens. Of course no one can give you any guarantees but my story shows it can be done.

I love reading stories like this - it makes me feel so much better about going out there next week :blink:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Ok - we are thinking of changing our plan...

We are now going through the K-1 process and filed in July and are one of the lucky filers that received an RFE. We have sent the evidence back and it was received in December. It sounds as if our NOA2 is just going to be a waiting game with possible approval any day now.

My fiance will be retiring on February 29th and has no other reason to stay in the UK. He wants to come and live here on the visa waiver program and when the interview and medical are scheduled, he will fly back to the UK for that. We think that this process will be finished within the three month visa waiver. He can show ties to his country because he has just purchased a house that he bought for investment purposes and if for some slight chance he is not approved, he will have a place to live in the UK.

My big question is - can we do this? Will it jeapordize the NOA2? He would like to come here first week of March or so. Another issue - he has a class reunion in Bangkok in April. What are the chances of us going to that together?

When he comes over on the VWP, he will have a return ticket that he plans to use when he goes back for his medical.

Is this a possibility? Has anyone ever done this before? We just can't be apart anymore...

Please - any advice would be much appreciated.

If he has a B-1 he can certainly come to VISIT. My fiance came 3 times last year----no issue at all. As the other's have said, it needs to be a visit, have documentation that he has a reason to return, i.e., lease agreement, something. And he needs to be truthful.

9/5/2004 met

7/4/2006 visited for 1 week in Russia (Independence Day!)

12/26/06 three week visit in the U.S.

4/6/07 He came to US for 6 glorious weeks

5/20/07 He returned to Ufa, RU

5/24/07 Mailed I-129F to NSC!!!!!

5/25/07 Received and signed for by F Heinauer, NSC

6/11/07 NOA1 (NEVER received hard copy)

8/23/07 Ramzis comes to America for another visit

10/02/07 Ramzis returns to Russia

11/06/07 NOA2 at LAST!!!

12/17/07 Received at NVC (at last!)

12/18/07 Sent to Moscow Embassy & New NVC Case Number

12/21/07 Received at 11:08 a.m. Moscow Embassy

1/25/08 Received packet from Embassy

03/07/08 Interview 8:00 a.m. Moscow Embassy! VISA APPROVED!!!

03/13/08 Visa in Hand

03/14/08 Flying to U.S. - Detroit POE

03/15/08 Our Wedding Day!

AOS Timeline

3/21/08 - Packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

3/24/08 - Packet received and signed for

3/28/08 - NOA1 received in the mail - EAD & AOS - check cashed

4/15/08 - Biometrics

5/5/08 - AOS interview notice received in the mail (will be in Detroit, June 12, 2008)

6/2/08 - EAD card ordered (CRIS email)

6/5/08 - EAD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

6/12/08 - Permanent Resident APPROVAL! Green Card on the Way!

6/23/08 - Green Card Received!!!

I visited a couple of times after we filed the K1. I said I was visiting a friend when they asked where I was staying and although I had proof of ties I was not asked for it. My visits were both short ones of 2 weeks.

17th March 2010 - Started the removal of conditions process

22nd March 2010 - Application received by CSC

30th April 2010 - Biometrics appointment

Thanks everyone. Rosemarie - it's good to hear from you!

britty - I certainly appreciate your input and your experience. THANK YOU!

Thank you everyone. This helps us so much and eases some of the anxiety of our separation. Now, it really feels like we have something - at least one thing - that we can depend upon without the USCIS approval. The hardest thing about the wait is not knowing. At least knowing that he MAY be able to come for a longer visit will help us both tremendously!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.