lablab0220

NEED HELP FOR K3s' next step upon arriving here in US

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:help: :help: :help:

HI EVERYONE, I badly need help to what my next step will be upon my arrival here in the US by a k3 visa. I arrived here just last week Jan.23, 2008, I've been here for 6 days now but I never heard of anything from my husband on what to do or where to go with my Status or visa, I'm getting a little worried now, I am afraid to go out just by myself to the stores or anywhere since I don't have enough knowledge about the papers that I'm holding, I only have a passport. Please help me, and thank you all in advance. GOD BLESS EVERYONE! :help: :help: :help:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

HI EVERYONE, I badly need help to what my next step will be upon my arrival here in the US by a k3 visa. I arrived here just last week Jan.23, 2008, I've been here for 6 days now but I never heard of anything from my husband on what to do or where to go with my Status or visa, I'm getting a little worried now, I am afraid to go out just by myself to the stores or anywhere since I don't have enough knowledge about the papers that I'm holding, I only have a passport. Please help me, and thank you all in advance. GOD BLESS EVERYONE! :help: :help: :help:

Dont worry at all. YOu are legally in USA now. You are free to do as you wish. Go to the store. No one asks you any proof of anything now. The only way anyone would ask you for your id is if you go to jail for doing something illegal, like rob a store or drive a car without a license. Enjoy your freedom, get your hubby to give you money and go shopping and have funnnnnnnnn!!!!!

Myheartwillgoon

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Follow this link, it's the step-by-step guide on how to apply for adjustment of status.That should be your next step upon arrival to the US.An don't worry at all u can go wherever u want only with tour passport. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The I-94 card in your passport is evidence of legal presence.

Next step is to file for EAD AND/OR AOS.

If your 2nd wedding anniversary falls less than 1 year from visa medical, you may want to hold on filing the I-485 (AOS) until you are close to 2nd wedding anniversary to avoid getting a 2 year conditional green card, if USCIS approves green-card after 2nd wedding anniversary, you should get 10 year un-conditional card.

K-3 can apply for EAD before filing for AOS but will need to then pay $340 for the EAD, this is still less than $545 later to remove the conditions on a conditional green-card.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
The I-94 card in your passport is evidence of legal presence.

Next step is to file for EAD AND/OR AOS.

If your 2nd wedding anniversary falls less than 1 year from visa medical, you may want to hold on filing the I-485 (AOS) until you are close to 2nd wedding anniversary to avoid getting a 2 year conditional green card, if USCIS approves green-card after 2nd wedding anniversary, you should get 10 year un-conditional card.

K-3 can apply for EAD before filing for AOS but will need to then pay $340 for the EAD, this is still less than $545 later to remove the conditions on a conditional green-card.

OUr 2nd wedding anniversary will be on the december 2008, is it better to wait near december before applying EAD/AOS? Thank you

[/color]

Dont worry at all. YOu are legally in USA now. You are free to do as you wish. Go to the store. No one asks you any proof of anything now. The only way anyone would ask you for your id is if you go to jail for doing something illegal, like rob a store or drive a car without a license. Enjoy your freedom, get your hubby to give you money and go shopping and have funnnnnnnnn!!!!!

:dance:THANKS

Timeline
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Follow this link, it's the step-by-step guide on how to apply for adjustment of status.That should be your next step upon arrival to the US.An don't worry at all u can go wherever u want only with tour passport. :thumbs:

thanks

[/color]

Timeline
OUr 2nd wedding anniversary will be on the december 2008, is it better to wait near december before applying EAD/AOS? Thank you

Yes, it saves you the hassle of having to file I-751 two years down the road after getting a conditional green-card, and having to worry about gathering all the evidence needed for the I-751.

I would file the I-485 about 3 months before 2nd wedding anniversary.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

On what date did you have the medical exam for your visa?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Good point, that is why I mentioned in first post to file I-485 within 1 year of visa medical.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=44491

Timeline

My medical examination was held last October 31, of 2007 and my interview date was Nov.9 2007.

Timeline

]My medical examination was held last October 31, of 2007 and my interview date was Nov.9 2007.

Then file the I-485 before the end of October. If you file after that you will be required to get a new medical done.

K-Visas only need Vaccinations transfered to a supplement when adjusting status from the K-visa, if medical is less than a year before filing to adjust status.

Timeline

]My medical examination was held last October 31, of 2007 and my interview date was Nov.9 2007.

Then file the I-485 before the end of October. If you file after that you will be required to get a new medical done.

K-Visas only need Vaccinations transfered to a supplement when adjusting status from the K-visa, if medical is less than a year before filing to adjust status.

Hello I still have a question, at my medical in the Philippines they said that I still need to have a vaccination that is only found here in US, where shall I go for it and is it still necessary for me to get it?

Timeline

My medical examination was last year of October 31, and my interview date was last year of November 9.

Timeline

I have another question, what about my ssn will I also have to wait until October 31, and what if my husband wants me to pass the I 1485 form earlier than October, what will I tell him to have it delayed? Thank you for your help, I really really appreciate it from my heart.

Timeline

Hello I still have a question, at my medical in the Philippines they said that I still need to have a vaccination that is only found here in US, where shall I go for it and is it still necessary for me to get it?

SEE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

Only three things needed for persons in out age group.

• Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR)
  • Tetanus and diptheria toxoids
  • Varicella (AKA Chicken Pox)

You can get tested for most of these, and if needed get vaccinated, many got to family doctor, or local health department for them.

You will then get the results and records to a US Civil Surgeon for transfer to a I-693A supplement.

Many have used:

Dr. L. E. Arnold 4534 Westgate Boulevard

Suite 106 Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131 Fax: (512) 447-4699

This doctor will do the supplement for $10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.