popo

if anybody have any idea how to do this

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

hello everybody,

i will be doing removing of conditions next year, but i want to start getting more an more evidence of me and my husband life together.

i wonder how he can add me to his bank account, can we do it online,

and i want to be add at some bills, like cable and electricity...can we do it online too...

thanks a lot.... i ll appreciate any help and advice

hello everybody,

i will be doing removing of conditions next year, but i want to start getting more an more evidence of me and my husband life together.

and i want to be add at some bills, like cable and electricity...can we do it online too...

It depends on what bank, what cable/electricity company you have. Generally these type of changes need to be done personally, but if such a thing is available online, you should be able to see that through the bank and cable/electricity company's websites. Look there first, if you don't find the answer to your question, call their customer service phone numbers and ask.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I first added my wife to my bank accounts we had to go in person to the branch. That said, it depends on what bank your account is at.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

hello everybody,

I don't believe you can open a bank account (nor be added to one) through online methods - not a traditional bank anyway. Depending on the bank (and state in some cases) being added to an account (or opening a joint account) is pretty simple; appear in person, show ID, and make a small deposit. Some require a social security card/number.

Accounts (such as cable, utilities) can be more cumbersome to be added to (whether a citizen or not) - it can seem odd that you can open/start most of these accounts and be listed jointly very easily - but being added (or removed) comes with hoop-jumping...go figure :wacko: (Advice, if renting your home/apartment - get on the lease..in most cases, if you're on the lease you can be added to most utilities.)

Is there a reason for wanting to do these things online exclusively?

:thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To add me to my husband's bank accounts I had to go in person, show my identification (I didn't have a SSN yet) and provide a sample of my signature so I could also have signing authority on the chequing account. You wouldn't be able to do that on line.

You may be able to be added to some of the household accounts on line - I don't know though. Some only take one name on the bill, so that is something else to consider.

My husband was able to add me to his credit card account, however, without me being involved.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Banks you need to go in personally and get it done, electricity and cable you can do it on the phone with the customer service

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

same here, we had to add me to his bank account in person but the rest we did over the phone...just call them up and ask how you can be added to his accounts, they will tell you

met on Hawaii in 2002

got engaged Dec. 19 2004 in Amsterdam

married Sep 15 2005 on Mackinaw Island, MI

AOS Timeline

10/19/2005 NOA1s for AOS and EAD

11/17/2005 fingerprints for EAD and AOS

12/20/2005 EAD approved!!!

03/23/2006 AOS interview in Detroit, MI...APPROVED!!

I 751 Timeline

01/10/2008 I-751 send to NSC

01/14/2008 I-751 arrived at NSC

01/18/2008 check cleared

01/22/2008 recieved NOA1 dated 01/14 case got transfered to CSC

02/12/2008 biometric appointment

03/07/2008 APPROVED!!!

January 2011 BBG

08/01/2011 N400 send to Nebraska

08/04/2011 received by Nebraska

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We had to go to the bank in person to have him added to our accounts. As to the utility companies, all this can usually be done over the telephone. We had some companies that would add him and some that only wanted the one name. So it'####### and miss, just give it a try.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

We had to go to the bank to add Claudeth to my accounts. I was able to add her to the electric bill by writing them a letter and including her SSN. We didn't have a lot of bills/accounts in both names so I also had five friends write affidavits for us.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Think about working on other kinds of evidence -- ie. insurance with both your names on it, listing each other as beneficiaries, wills, investments, etc.

Thinking ahead and being prepared is a good plan -- best wishes for a smooth application next year :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.