BigCityDave

Should I hire a Lawyer?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Now despite what I said previously I may hire a lawyer in the future. I'm awaiting an noa1 from my second application (my first one went missing from USCIS) and after nearly two weeks i still have no noa1 (and noa1 wait times are currently about 4 days). My fiance is visiting on a VWP in a few months, and if my case is lost we may get married here and immediately adjust status. I'll probably need to a lawyer to help prove that she had not intended to immigrate on VWP and that intention changed after we discovered the second file was lost.

That being said, i'm probably overreacting and they are probably confirming that i did in fact send an application in sept. before they issue my notice.

Slippery slope. It took them a month to issue me NOA1.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Well, this is the place for support and I am starting to really need it. I am in for the long haul and it would just kill me if for some reason my future Hungarian wife was rejected her visa. Would it be a wise investment to hire a lawyer?

Thanks for the help.

Save the money for something else,seriously.

If you use the guides here on Vj then your good to go.

If you have any questions etc than thats what we are here for.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Now despite what I said previously I may hire a lawyer in the future. I'm awaiting an noa1 from my second application (my first one went missing from USCIS) and after nearly two weeks i still have no noa1 (and noa1 wait times are currently about 4 days). My fiance is visiting on a VWP in a few months, and if my case is lost we may get married here and immediately adjust status. I'll probably need to a lawyer to help prove that she had not intended to immigrate on VWP and that intention changed after we discovered the second file was lost.

That being said, i'm probably overreacting and they are probably confirming that i did in fact send an application in sept. before they issue my notice.

I'm not intending to do anything yet. I'm just saying that if i have to wait another 4 months to find out they have no clue what they did with my app. then things are down right comical. Yeah thats right i waited 120 days only to find they cant find it.

Edited by lancer1655

Filed: Other Timeline

Slippery slope?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.