Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

tonight I am making chicken again. what a surprise... lol

i am doing a variation on that mustard chicken thing.. but this one you coat the chicken in ranch dressing and you mix some Parmesan cheese into the bread crumbs...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Here are some pics from the dinner we had with Joe and Kathryn a few weeks ago (OMG, it's been almost a month!). We had a great time...it was so nice getting together with them, as always. We needed this time...lots has been going on for us. Anywho, I'm attempting to post a few pictures. The first one, of course, is of the four of us. The second and third are of me, Joel and Kathryn, then Joe (Kathryn's husband), Kathryn, and my husband Joel.

Now...we really do want to plan something...seriously. We have several nice parks here, the one my husband works at particularly is nice. There is lodging, cabins, camping areas, etc. There's a restaurant with conference rooms and there are several picnic shelters. This park is about 1.5 to 2 hrs from Atlanta...but well worth the drive. IF anyone is interested, please PM me...I know we might not be able to pull it off in a matter of weeks, but it would be something to plan for later on. I will be glad to find out particulars and such...but I need to know who would be serious enough to actually come out this way. IF anyone else can think of a more centrally located place to meet up, we are all for that as well. The only reason I mentioned Unicoi State Park is because of the availability of accomodations (type and cost) as well as different types of meeting areas.

http://www.gastateparks.org/info/unicoi/ This is the park I am speaking of. You can find prices for the different types of accomodations available.

http://www.bluewillowinn.com ... if anyone is interested in seeing where we dined. There are pictures and recipes.

bluewillow1.jpgbluewillow3.jpgbluewillow5.jpg

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for posting the photos, Karen! Yes, we had a great time and great food! It was wonderful to meet up with you and Joel once again :)

Well, Joe and I would definitely be up to get together at Unico State Park for an Atlanta group get-to-gether of Canadian VJers. There is no need to keep it just for the Canadians either - unless we want to try and correlate something with Canada Day celebrations - which would be a cool idea:-) . I wouldn't mind opening it up for other VJers in the area as well. Why not put this post into a separate thread of its own and start it on either the Canadian forum or even the off-topic forum so more people will get to see it?

Oh, and about dinner tonight . . . we are going out to eat again (VBG)! Joe's former boss and his wife are back in town so Joe and I and another of his former employees are getting together with them for dinner at a local Chinese/Japanese restaurant called Chin Chin Osaki. It is one of our favourites:-). A good time will be had by all, I am sure! We may all end up back at our place too, afterwards, for some slow-moving games of dominoes - we keep getting lost in the conversation during the games so that it takes quite some time to get to a winner:-) - but we have loads of fun.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh for sure...anyone from VJ would be most welcome...and if someone else wishes to post it in the other OT then go ahead. I don't post there anymore. I didn't mean to exclude anyone else who would like to join in so yeah, let's make this an across the board get together!!! :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well we had this packaged stir fry for dinner last night, in fact we had a packaged dinner for lunch yesterday, the healthy request chicken and a steak one as well.

Enough with the pre-packaged food in general I would say. The lunch was horrible (Husband actually threw his in the garbage) and dinner was so-so. It's just that you see these things in the supermarket that you haven't seen or tried before so you think, hey we will give that a go.

So tonight I am making a roast, potatoes and either spinach or asparagus, and gravy.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm I think dinner tonight will be what my Grandpa use to make me....I don't even know what it's called! It's almost a hash I guess?

Ground beef

cubed potatoes

frozen mixed veggies

spices, garlic, salt pepper to taste

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

ok no chicken in sight today....... pheew

made a simple sgetti sauce using jarred sauce..... I added some onion, celery, green bell pepper and some sausage to the sauce... I will serve this over angel hair pasta.. my hubby's favourite pasta....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Florida get together? he he he

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, nice pictures Karen and Kathryn! Looks like a really nice place to eat, too!

I'm up for a get-together for sure. I'll even try and drag Trailmix and T.O._2_FL along! Who else lives down here? I'll grab them too. :lol:

Can everybody say "Road Trip"?!!!!! Sure. I knew you could. :hehe:

I can say Road Trip, but i'm not the person you want to take on a road trip (ask my Husband). It's supposed to be all about singing old songs and grabbing slurpees at the 7-11 and meeting people at road stops along the way as you laugh at silly jokes.

I know that, i'm just saying that isn't what travelling with me is like :lol:

Anyhoo, just had stirfry, it was soooo good, not sure why, didn't add any sauce and just salt and pepper, but oh so tasty!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had some left over Taiwanese chicken from dinner last night so stir fried some additional broccoli, cauliflower, yellow squash and peppers in a garlic ginger sauce, then added the chicken and rice and made a whole new dish! Yum! Left over chocolate cake for dessert, too!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.