Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Popcorn!

We took in an early showing of Star Trek and after the movie popcorn neither of us are hungry for real food. :bonk:

The movie was awesome by the way. Since I'm officially an alien, I forsee green skin an go-go boots this Halloween.

~ Catherine

Love it. That's awesome!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
perogies and sausage and maybe some steamed sugar snap peas

dinner was yummy...

I barbecued the sausage, it was polish kielbasa that I bought from Fresh & Easy.. it actually was quite delish... it isn't farmer sausage but I think it will be a adequate substitute...

the perogies were a brand called Mrs T's... I have had them before and they are good, not like the perogies up in Canada but they satisfy my perogy craving :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I've had Mrs T's perogies as well Marilyn and they are good! We had ravioli with Alfredo sauce last night. I got the ravioli at Costco, it was fresh...chicken with rosemary. Lovely. Made my own Alfredo sauce. Tonight we're going to have sliced roast beef on trailmix buns with creamy tomato and basil soup.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I've had Mrs T's perogies as well Marilyn and they are good! We had ravioli with Alfredo sauce last night. I got the ravioli at Costco, it was fresh...chicken with rosemary. Lovely. Made my own Alfredo sauce. Tonight we're going to have sliced roast beef on trailmix buns with creamy tomato and basil soup.

:lol: - hope you like them as much as we do, I made those last night as well

:lol: - hope you like them as much as we do, I made those last night as well

I'll let you know! :lol: I copied the recipe down and titled it...Trailmix Buns. :lol:

Oh yes, I was going to mention that we had gone to a grocer here in St. Louis, not too far away, called Global Food Market. It was awesome! It has produce and products from all over the world. A very large grocer. Each aisle has a sign depicting which country's foods are in that aisle. The British aisle was a delight! No specific Canada aisle however. The array of spices and vegetables was amazing. I did pick up a fennel bulb as I've always wanted to try Ina's fennel tomato salad and we had that last night as well. Wow, it was great!! Just slice up the fennel very thinly, toss with cut tomato's...I only had grape tomatoes but they were very fresh and acidic. Toss with lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil. Very very good.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

We ended up having wild salmon on a bed of roasted veggies (grape tomatoes, green beans, peppers, red onions, fresh corn off the cob), with romaine and cucumbers and some warmed watercress. Tonight we will have potato salad, corn-on-the-cob, and burgers without buns.

Tonight we're going to have sliced roast beef on trailmix buns with creamy tomato and basil soup.

Trailmix buns? :unsure:

Oh yes, I was going to mention that we had gone to a grocer here in St. Louis, not too far away, called Global Food Market. It was awesome! It has produce and products from all over the world. A very large grocer. Each aisle has a sign depicting which country's foods are in that aisle. The British aisle was a delight! No specific Canada aisle however. The array of spices and vegetables was amazing.

I would LOVE that store!

iagree.gif

Timeline

You don't have the recipe for: Trailmix buns - so now you must have this: burgers without buns

That store sound wunderbar Carla - we had a great time here at world market, for the same reason (of course not the selection - but they do have lots of good stuff and my Husband's fav cookies from Australia)

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Mop up those tears and get a cookin'!

This makes 2-3 buns, so I double it for bread.

1/3 cup milk

3 tbsp Water

1 tbsp and 1 tsp Butter

1 1/2 cups bread flour

1 tbsp quick yeast

2 Tsp Sugar

1/2 Tsp Salt

1 egg

I mix this in my bread maker then when that is done rising I form it and let it rise again for about 25 minutes then bake it at 350 for 20-25 mins.

Timeline
Oh wow. Those look perfectly light and fluffy! I want buns with my burger now. :crying: Except I've already got two carbs on the side so I didn't want a third. *kicks dirt*

Yeah I was going to say ditch them, but corn on the cob and potato salad - too yummy to ditch!

Which reminds me, I am going to make potato salad today too!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's nice to hear my fellow Canucks call buns buns. Here it's rolls and when I say buns I get a wierd look :blink:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Timeline
It's nice to hear my fellow Canucks call buns buns. Here it's rolls and when I say buns I get a wierd look :blink:

I totally forgot about that! :lol:

Yep. I get "the look" too. I've learned to immediately start wracking my brain for the American version.... or at least an alternate word for whatever I am saying. I look upon it as vocabulary building. icon2.gif

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.