Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish I could try some of those tricks on my husband. He eats sooo bad. I mean seriously, his eating habits are the worst I have ever seen.

When we first met, I remember asking him what kind of foods he liked, and he told me he was very picky. He then proceeded to tell me what foods he WILL eat, and it consisted of this : Pasta, junk food, fast food, & cereal.

If I slip anything even somewhat healthy into his food, he knows. Not to mention the fact that he lives on Dr. Pepper and drinks at most, one bottle of water a day, only when I really nag him.

He just went to the doctor the other day for a checkup, and he found out his cholesterol is high (surprise, surpise,) and that he has a low thyroid. Luckily. this has given him a slight boost in motivation to change his lifestyle, but I still worry. He will eat salads, but only if they're soaked in full calorie caesar dressing, and piled with cheese. Kind of pointless, if you ask me. Other than that, he won't touch a vegetable to save his life, and never remembers to take multivitamins.

I just worry so much that one of these days he's going to have a heart attack. He turns 30 this year, and being healthy in your 20's they say has a huuge impact on your health for your future years.

Maybe I can knock him out once a night and inject him with vitamins and cholesterol blockers.

Edited by Misty1979

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm making this tonight, subbing the ground beef for soy crumbles, looks yummy!

Impossibly Easy Taco Pie

1 pound lean ground beef

1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)

1 package (1 ounce) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix

1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained

1 cup milk

2 eggs

1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix

3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)

Old El Paso® salsa (any variety)

Sour cream, if desired

1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Cook ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in seasoning mix (dry). Spoon into pie plate; top with chilies.

2. Stir milk, eggs and Bisquick mix until blended. Pour into pie plate.

3. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with salsa and sour cream.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

^^I have made something similar but instead of Bisquick you make up one of those small boxes of cornbread

tonight I picked up some pasta salad and popcorn chicken from the Fresh and Easy Market... :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Tonight I'm not cooking because it's the Grey's 2 hour season finale :P So Glen is picking up Bertucci's thin crust pizza & a salad on the way home from work.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

pizza made with lots of different peppers, mushrooms and pepperoni - extra cheese. And caesar salad - an Italian night.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Congratulations on the 22 lbs July! That's quite a feat :)

We had quesidillas and salad for dinner.

Thanks! I'm going for another 15 or so by the wedding... here's to hoping!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Yeah... pigged out on a McDonald's 2-cheeseburger meal... LARGE size with a Diet Coke, of course. Needed comfort food. I've lost 22 lbs... one McD's meal won't kill me. And, if it does, then I deserved it for some reason. :blink:

MMM the two cheeseburger meal is my ultimate fav. They only have it at the Wal-mart McD's here... and I actually haven't been to a Wal-Mart McD's in awhile so I don't even know if they still have it.

McDonald's is like an addiction for me. If I eat it once, then I eat it again and again and again... it's my ultimate weakness!!

Congrats on the 22 pounds!!! That's amazing.

My random note of the day... I have no many going away dinner and lunches planned and I feel like I'm going to gain 20 pounds in the next 3 weeks!! Haha.

Thank you! I don't really eat McD's much anymore, but I thought ONE time wouldn't be a bad thing. I've learned that if I deny myself anything, I binge later on and things don't get better. But, the 2 cheeseburger meal (with no pickles or onions) is my absolute favorite!!! The double cheeseburger comes in second (b/c the Canadian McD's don't do the two cheeseburger meals, either) b/c of when I'm in Canada.

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Tonight I went over to my parents' place and my dad grilled steaks, my mom fixed corn on the cob, we had salad, and then for dessert Dairy Queen! Wow... just have to remember moderation and the idea that everything should be balanced.

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline
Yeah... pigged out on a McDonald's 2-cheeseburger meal... LARGE size with a Diet Coke, of course. Needed comfort food. I've lost 22 lbs... one McD's meal won't kill me. And, if it does, then I deserved it for some reason. :blink:

MMM the two cheeseburger meal is my ultimate fav. They only have it at the Wal-mart McD's here... and I actually haven't been to a Wal-Mart McD's in awhile so I don't even know if they still have it.

McDonald's is like an addiction for me. If I eat it once, then I eat it again and again and again... it's my ultimate weakness!!

Congrats on the 22 pounds!!! That's amazing.

My random note of the day... I have no many going away dinner and lunches planned and I feel like I'm going to gain 20 pounds in the next 3 weeks!! Haha.

Thank you! I don't really eat McD's much anymore, but I thought ONE time wouldn't be a bad thing. I've learned that if I deny myself anything, I binge later on and things don't get better. But, the 2 cheeseburger meal (with no pickles or onions) is my absolute favorite!!! The double cheeseburger comes in second (b/c the Canadian McD's don't do the two cheeseburger meals, either) b/c of when I'm in Canada.

hmm, that is strange. when I was in Canada I always got the 2 cheeseburger meal when I went to McD's.. :unsure:

cheeseburgers are the only things I can eat at McD's, the sundaes and apples pies are good too though ...lol

every time I have been pregnant, I crave cheesebugers from McD's..... :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Yeah my Husband used to get the 2 cheeseburger meal too - but you never know, could be that they discontinued them in Eastern Canada - or all of Canada even!

I've only had McDonalds once in the year we have been here - because I tried it once and the bun was too sweet and ruined it.

Well we had a burrito last night, it was ok.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Going into the city for Indian tonight. Husband apparently found a gem of a restaurant and I need to see it to believe it. :P

At this point my Husband is picking up fish and chips (from the same pub where we had dinner with krikit and carla and their husbands)

Some times you just neeeed fish and chips.

Timeline

Glen said he had a craving for fried chicken :wacko: as he hasn't eaten that in a year or something.... so I went to the store and picked up some fried chicken pieces and will make oven fries with something yummy for me like a boca burger!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.