Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well, we ended up having pork cutlets, cauliflower and hollandaise, and macaroni with tomatoes, onions, and garlic last night. Tonight we are having bean and bacon soup. I am on a clean-up-all-my-cupboards-and-freezer-and-fridge kick, so I'm trying to make only meals where I have ingredients that need to be used. I also made Chubby Mommies for dessert. It's one of the recipes from the Your Recipe Book collection that my family and friends put together for my wedding. My cousin, Jacqueline, contributed it and her note says: "These can make anybody chubby if you eat too many... not just mommies." :lol: It's one of the easiest desserts I've ever made! And boy are they yummy. Here's the recipe:

CHUBBY MOMMIES

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup corn syrup

1/2 cup peanut butter

4 cups corn flakes

1 pkg chocolate chips

2 tbsp butter

Heat sugar and corn syrup in large pot until on verge of boiling. Turn off heat and mix in peanut butter and cornflakes. Press into 8x8 inch pan. Melt chocolate chips with butter and spread over squares. Cool in fridge for one hour before cutting.

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mmm, looks good Crik!

Many thanks to MarilynP for the Tamale pie recipe....turned out beautifully. I too did not find the Fiesta tomato soup so I used reg Campbell's tomato (yes, there's HFCS in it too..cripes) and used 3/4 pkg of taco spice seasoning on the beef (had low sodium on hand). I sprinkled a little shredded cheddar on top of the beef mixture, prior to pouring the cornbread batter on.

Also broiled a little cheddar on the finished product. Was a hit with all and leftovers were taken for lunch. Think it would freeze well too. With salad, it made 4 servings. Soooo easy, 20 min prep and 20 min baking, 1 pot, 1 pan and a cutting board :)

Cheers

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That dessert sounds so good crikit err crickey!

We didn't have the steak last night, neither one of us felt good. So had chicken nuggets and potatoes for dinner instead.

Tonight is steak night!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Mmm, looks good Crik!

Many thanks to MarilynP for the Tamale pie recipe....turned out beautifully. I too did not find the Fiesta tomato soup so I used reg Campbell's tomato (yes, there's HFCS in it too..cripes) and used 3/4 pkg of taco spice seasoning on the beef (had low sodium on hand). I sprinkled a little shredded cheddar on top of the beef mixture, prior to pouring the cornbread batter on.

Also broiled a little cheddar on the finished product. Was a hit with all and leftovers were taken for lunch. Think it would freeze well too. With salad, it made 4 servings. Soooo easy, 20 min prep and 20 min baking, 1 pot, 1 pan and a cutting board :)

Cheers

I think it the recipe called for fiesta chili beef soup... I always just use Beef vegetable soup and then add some chili powder...

glad you enjoyed the recipe :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Well, we ended up having pork cutlets, cauliflower and hollandaise, and macaroni with tomatoes, onions, and garlic last night. Tonight we are having bean and bacon soup. I am on a clean-up-all-my-cupboards-and-freezer-and-fridge kick, so I'm trying to make only meals where I have ingredients that need to be used. I also made Chubby Mommies for dessert. It's one of the recipes from the Your Recipe Book collection that my family and friends put together for my wedding. My cousin, Jacqueline, contributed it and her note says: "These can make anybody chubby if you eat too many... not just mommies." :lol: It's one of the easiest desserts I've ever made! And boy are they yummy. Here's the recipe:

CHUBBY MOMMIES

1/2 cup white sugar

1/2 cup corn syrup

1/2 cup peanut butter

4 cups corn flakes

1 pkg chocolate chips

2 tbsp butter

Heat sugar and corn syrup in large pot until on verge of boiling. Turn off heat and mix in peanut butter and cornflakes. Press into 8x8 inch pan. Melt chocolate chips with butter and spread over squares. Cool in fridge for one hour before cutting.

Evil Crikey! Those sound decadently delicious. And now that I passed my gestational diabetes test, might as well load my body up with sugar!!! LOL

I think we are having leftover Chinese for dinner tonight, chicken with broccoli and hot and sour soup. That is, if hubby hasn't eaten it all by the time I get home.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Evil Crikey! Those sound decadently delicious. And now that I passed my gestational diabetes test, might as well load my body up with sugar!!! LOL

I think we are having leftover Chinese for dinner tonight, chicken with broccoli and hot and sour soup. That is, if hubby hasn't eaten it all by the time I get home.

Oh, see? They were MEANT for you! :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marie Callendar's makes a lovely frozen lasagna. I'm being lazy tonight :D

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

I think I have had that too... yum yum!!! most of the MArie Callendar frozen dinners are really good... we ate a lot of those when I was pregnant and didn't feel like cooking :P

i am going to see if I can talk hubby into getting these yummy subs at the deli down the street....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Because I am a lazy ### tonight I decided to convince my husband that we are in dire need of chinese food tonight.

So its general tso chicken for us.

11 points on the old weight watchers scale.

You cant say ### ....really? Wow. :huh:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I have had that too... yum yum!!! most of the MArie Callendar frozen dinners are really good... we ate a lot of those when I was pregnant and didn't feel like cooking :P

i am going to see if I can talk hubby into getting these yummy subs at the deli down the street....

Yep, when they go on sale 4 for $10 we snap them up. They are great when we don't have a ton of time. Add a salad, some bread and good drink and voila, a decent meal :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Yep, when they go on sale 4 for $10 we snap them up. They are great when we don't have a ton of time. Add a salad, some bread and good drink and voila, a decent meal :)

Wow! That's a great deal! Wish we had those sales. I've bought the Marie Callendar frozen lasagnas too. They're surprisingly good. :thumbs: (Surprising because I don't expect prepared frozen stuff to be good.... just convenient.)

iagree.gif

Timeline

Wow! That's a great deal! Wish we had those sales. I've bought the Marie Callendar frozen lasagnas too. They're surprisingly good. :thumbs: (Surprising because I don't expect prepared frozen stuff to be good.... just convenient.)

yeah I was really surprised too.. almost tastes just like homemade...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My previous indoor grill (a George foreman thingy, but it was better) broke awhile back so I purchased a Breville "Indoor BBQ" http://www.brevilleusa.com/products/800grx...=11&pvID=11

I must admit it cooks extremely fast and it is a well built unit!! I bought it at Bed Bath & Beyond, so it was on sale, Plus I had 20% Rebate card AND they had a $30 mail in rebate! So was a very good deal!! Only downside is that the grill is hard to clean!! Yes the top/bottom do easily snap out, and they can be put in dishwasher , but since the indentations of the grill are soo close, doesn't always come out clean, and a bit hard to hand wash.As wel lit has no timer, but thats minor, as I just use the one on the oven or microwave! But as stated earlier, cooks extremely quick and well made!

So, I'm making pork chops on the grill, and wil microwave a potato!! Better half doesn't return till next Friday, so just have to worry about myself!! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.