Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sunday is Mike's cooking day, he is going to grill some turkey burgers outside and add some bacon and grilled sliced apple to them. Yummeh.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
We went to a new Japanese restaurant in town. The kind where they cook in front of you and put on a show. It was nice. I have no need to go there again. :lol: Afterward we went downtown to a wine bar and had the red flight. Midway through my husband got sleepy so we came home. He's a cheap date. I need to find a new one. :hehe:

:lol: we feel the same way about the local hibachi place.. no need to go again.. And TOO funny about your hubby being a cheap date!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Well, we were in Orlando at the outlet malls today so we decided to head on over to the new Whole Foods since it was just around the corner. Picked up a large lobster tail and some U-15 shrimp so we had that, broiled, plus some garlic butter rice, and an asparagus, green and red pepper medley. Yummy.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Chicken souvlaki, rice and greek salad.

I miss having a good greek restaurant around... I just have not found a good one in this area yet.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Snausages, baby potatoes - roasted and salad.

Umm I was cooking 3 sausages and two of them rolled off the bbq and on to the ground.

We are splitting one sausage - pretty slim pickins.

Timeline

Umm I was cooking 3 sausages and two of them rolled off the bbq and on to the ground.

I hate when my food falls on the floor :angry: I'm making soup and grilled cheeses for dinner, suits this dreary weather

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I hate when my food falls on the floor :angry: I'm making soup and grilled cheeses for dinner, suits this dreary weather

you want some of our sunshine?? egads, I just checked the temperature and it says it is 101 degrees outside... :o thank goodness that the sun doesn't hit our apartment directly and thank goodness for AC

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

you want some of our sunshine?? egads, I just checked the temperature and it says it is 101 degrees outside... :o thank goodness that the sun doesn't hit our apartment directly and thank goodness for AC

WHOA!! And it's not even summer yet! Yes please, send some sun out east :)

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Awwww This reminded me of a story of my first husband and I when we were dating and out camping. We had set up our tent, gone for a canoe ride, and we were setting up for supper in the late evening. I opened up a can of Irish Stew, and had sausages with it, fried. It smelled so good as only food can smell in the outdoors, and I dished out my ex-husband's plate, that had been balanced on a rock as that was the only place to dish out food. This was roughing it by the way, no campground or anything. :lol: Anyway, I handed over his food, and then prepared to dish out mine, whereupon the last spoonful of stew on my plate overturned the plate and everything went upside down on the ground! :o That was the last of the food and I just stood there in shock! My ex-husband just started laughing and said, well, you LOSE! I said, what do you mean? He said, well, if you think I'm sharing any of my supper with you, you're crazy! You're a ditz, yours is on the ground...salvage what you can (yeah right!) but I'm not sharing. And he didn't!!! I was SO mad, I left...just took the car and left. I went to the nearest town and got a motel room. I was fuming. Later it was pouring and didn't seem to let up, so I went back and picked him up and we spent the night at the motel. The next morning we went back and got our stuff. I ended up eating some chips and dip that night, as that's about all the little convenience store had that I could find close to the motel.

I should have taken that as a "sign" and not married him!! He wasn't into sharing for the rest of our time together and was a very selfish person. :(

Oh well, that's the past! :lol: Tonight I'm going to grill turkey burgers, on chibata buns, and have a cold crunchy pea salad to accompany.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

:lol:

My ex-husband just started laughing and said, well, you LOSE! I said, what do you mean? He said, well, if you think I'm sharing any of my supper with you, you're crazy! You're a ditz, yours is on the ground...salvage what you can (yeah right!) but I'm not sharing. And he didn't!!! I was SO mad, I left...just took the car and left. I went to the nearest town and got a motel room. I was fuming.

:o

Holy mackerel, Carla. What a loser. :angry: I'm glad you left him. Both times. LOL

Last night we had beef shiskabob, garlic butter rice, and greek salad. I had lots of leftover sirloin from the shiskabobs so tonight we are having beef stew.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Monday/Tuesday's are my days off so those are the days I do 'homemaker' things. Today for dinner I'm going to make ribs, homemade french fries and cesaer salad.

The rib recipe for today is this one http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Scott-Hibbs-A...ibs/Detail.aspx

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

My ex-husband just started laughing and said, well, you LOSE! I said, what do you mean? He said, well, if you think I'm sharing any of my supper with you, you're crazy! You're a ditz, yours is on the ground...salvage what you can (yeah right!) but I'm not sharing. And he didn't!!! I was SO mad, I left...just took the car and left. I went to the nearest town and got a motel room. I was fuming.

:o

Holy mackerel, Carla. What a loser. :angry: I'm glad you left him. Both times. LOL

Last night we had beef shiskabob, garlic butter rice, and greek salad. I had lots of leftover sirloin from the shiskabobs so tonight we are having beef stew.

At least Mike insisted I take the whole remaining snausage - but I insisted we share it :lol:

So what is garlic butter rice - just rice with garlic butter on it??

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.