Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I've never seen that. I'm getting excited that they sell it here? I always bring back PC's Memories of Thailand whenever I visit. Is that what you put in your taco salad, Trailmix?

No, it just made me think of it...I don't know why! I don't know if it's the same as the memorieeeees one - is that one sweet?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
I've never seen that. I'm getting excited that they sell it here? I always bring back PC's Memories of Thailand whenever I visit. Is that what you put in your taco salad, Trailmix?

No, it just made me think of it...I don't know why! I don't know if it's the same as the memorieeeees one - is that one sweet?

Yes. Sweet and spicy. It's really yummy for dipping spring rolls.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yes. Sweet and spicy. It's really yummy for dipping spring rolls.

:thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Last night Mike made delicious burgers with roasted red peppers and onions, they were amazing!

Tonight I am making chicken tortilla soup.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

roast pork with applesauce, egg noodles in sauce and spinach. Canned plums for dessert.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Tonight I had a BLT and leftovers of an asparagus saute I made yesterday (asparagus, diced onion, crumbled bacon and a drizzle of balsamic viengar).

Thanks E for telling Carla what stuffed breads are. I just saw the posting now. I do think they are a NE thing, I have never seen them anywhere else I have lived. And maybe even a CT/NY/MA thing too. I especially love the eggplant bread. Broccoli, pepperoni and cheese is anothe favorite. Hubby lives spinach sausage and cheese.

Speaking of hubby, I love him but want to kill him right now! He is supposed to bring me back a clam pizza from CT (probably one of my all time favorite foods and something I have been dying for). Well, tonight he told me the pizza place we usually go to is closed tomorrow. He was going to try to get pizza from this bakery that we usually get stuffed bread from because it opens at 10 am (not even sure if they make pizza). He didn't want to wait another hour for another good pizza place to open. I feel like a brat being upset by this, but the idea of getting good pizza was helping me get through missing my hubby and baby and also being sad about having to stay behind and work instead of going to CT to visit my family. Sometimes it feels like all I do is stay here and work and take care of stuff (I used this week to work on lots of financial paperwork, dealing with all the unresolved medical bills from Declan's surgery). I know if he could choose, hubby would be working right now .. he hates being unemployed. Maybe I'm feeling like this because this is another trip he got to take (not his fault because he can take the time for trips whereas I can't, it's not like he stops me from taking a trip, so I know my thoughts are not exactly rational, but can't help how I am feeling). Oops, I guess this belonged in the vent column :) Sorry.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

What is stuffed bread? :blink:

ISB.jpg

Here u go Carla..

I hadn't seen it until I came here to CT, Autumnchik would know if it's a Northeast thing, but it's yummers.. it can be filled with loads of yummy stuff.. the eggplant parm that I had a few weeks ago was my fav though :luv:

Thanks Em! That helps to know what it looks like, now I just want to taste it! :lol:

Last night we had leftovers. Tonight we're going to Zia's an Italian restaurant. Here's the menu. I'm thinking....VEAL PARMIGIANA!

Here's the link to the restaurant:

http://www.zias.com/index.html

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Tonight we'll have leftovers.

Oops, I guess this belonged in the vent column :) Sorry.

:lol: Don't worry, Autumn. I would be ticked too. Make him stay the extra hour! :bonk:

Here's the link to the restaurant:

http://www.zias.com/index.html

Oh boo. They don't have any pictures to see what it looks like. :( Have a great time, Gene and Carla! Happy anniversary!

iagree.gif

Timeline

I hope you have a marvelous time Carla :thumbs:

We had the taco salads last night as well - very good.

We don't have any left overs! Not sure what to make tonight, probably some steak, potatoes and corn on the cob.

Timeline

Tonight is my last night in Canada, so we're ordering swiss chalet! I love the perogies there.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
They have perogies at Swiss Chalet? Boy, have I been gone a long time. :lol:

Ohhh yeah they do! They're an appetizer, deep fried and sprinkled with some cajun seasoning, and the dipping sauce is cajun, so yummy!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.