Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I threw some jarred spaghetti sauce, homemade meatballs, sauteed onions and chopped up zucchini into the crock pot and letting that simmer.. will serve over angel hair pasta..

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had tomato herb soup (not home-made) and grilled cheese sandwiches. We ate lunch out and had a good sized serving so didn't need much for dinner tonight.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I made burritoes....w/ roasted pork, rice, black beans, corn and let/tomato/sour cream

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: Timeline
I went to one of my favourite restaurants in town here called Montforts, great med food. I had a falafel pita with hummos and greek salad, so yummy. My Mom had french onion soup and chicken shwarma. Tomorrow, heading to Zellers to get all my wonderful Canadian staples to bring home!!

I (L) Montforts!!!!!! :crying: Oh! Jill! There is a fabulous new Italian restaurant at Trafalgar and Hwy 6, across from the SuperCentre.... in the little plaza by the LCBO. Just in case you wanted real Italian. :lol:

I have no idea what we are having for supper this evening. I am thinking we may get some bread and wine at The Holy Land Experience. :hehe:

Isn't Montforts the BEST!! Oh really, that's right where my sister lives! Maybe we'll check it out Sunday, thanks!

Oh for pete's sake. I mean Hwy 5 and Trafalgar, not Hwy 6. Those two roads don't even connect! I've been gone too long. :lol:

Well, I didn't get bread and wine at The Holy Land Experience. I made a fish dinner instead. Kind of fitting, really. :hehe:

Last night we had meatloaf and tonight I made smoked bbq ribs with potato salad, corn-on-the-cob and a tomato/cucumber/mozzarella/basil salad. Rave reviews all around. Plus lots of leftovers so that's what we'll have tomorrow also. yay.

iagree.gif

I was going to make meatloaf tonight for dinner, but when I got all the ingredients out, I realized I didn't have egg :( So tonight was chicken with cajun seasoning on the grill, mashed potatoes and salad.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline
I went to one of my favourite restaurants in town here called Montforts, great med food. I had a falafel pita with hummos and greek salad, so yummy. My Mom had french onion soup and chicken shwarma. Tomorrow, heading to Zellers to get all my wonderful Canadian staples to bring home!!

I (L) Montforts!!!!!! :crying: Oh! Jill! There is a fabulous new Italian restaurant at Trafalgar and Hwy 6, across from the SuperCentre.... in the little plaza by the LCBO. Just in case you wanted real Italian. :lol:

I have no idea what we are having for supper this evening. I am thinking we may get some bread and wine at The Holy Land Experience. :hehe:

Isn't Montforts the BEST!! Oh really, that's right where my sister lives! Maybe we'll check it out Sunday, thanks!

Oh for pete's sake. I mean Hwy 5 and Trafalgar, not Hwy 6. Those two roads don't even connect! I've been gone too long. :lol:

Well, I didn't get bread and wine at The Holy Land Experience. I made a fish dinner instead. Kind of fitting, really. :hehe:

Last night we had meatloaf and tonight I made smoked bbq ribs with potato salad, corn-on-the-cob and a tomato/cucumber/mozzarella/basil salad. Rave reviews all around. Plus lots of leftovers so that's what we'll have tomorrow also. yay.

:lol: As soon as you said the supercentre and LCBO, I knew what you were referring to. You must have been thinking of sixth line!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

I've started writing out "menus" two weeks in advance and sticking them to the fridge. It helps for when my husband wants to bring a friend home from work to hang out, and it's one less thing I have to think about. Tonight is homemade turkey burgers on fresh baked buns with coleslaw. (Hey, until I can work, all I have time to DO is cook!) I actually ran out of ideas at the end of the last day I was writing, so according to my menu, next Monday night we're having "Puma". Either my husband hasn't read that far yet, or he thinks it's a great idea, because he hasn't said anything.

My husband's eternal quest is to find somewhere he can get moose meat for me to cook, since he's wildly curious about all the stories of moose stew and steaks my grandmother has told him. We also continually argue over whether or not bannock is just a biscuit (it's not!).

Tell your husband when he goes back to Canada with you that he can try it there! Unless he knows someone here who hunts. I make my bannock in a fry pan (cast iron) as a huge disk. Needless to say it can't be a "biscuit" then. :lol:

I made homemade chicken soup this weekend because Gene was sick. He's all better so it must have been my soup....

Last night I made a pot roast in the slow cooker. We had potatoes and green beans with it. Just a little left over, so maybe a beef pot pie for tonight.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have decided that I need a slow cooker. I will wait until we move (again!) to buy one though. We had Pizza Hut pasta for dinner, no really good reason why there was no cooking going on here last night, I just got side tracked with this and that.

I am not liking the moose meat.

Filed: Timeline

Blech. I can't stand moose meat.

I would like a new slow cooker too. I left mine with my daugher because my husband already had one. I should have given it a test drive before I made that decision because it sux. Big time. Let me know what you go with and what you think of yours, Trailmix. You can scratch "Rival" crockpots off your list of comparisons.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Tonight I'm going to my old place of employment to have dinner with some co-workers... we're going to our favourite jaunt, a Mexican place for martaritas and tacos!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I did crispy chicken with those french's fried onions. Then I made a dipping sauce with ranch dressing mixed with franks red hot sauce. It may sound gross but its really good. Also had criss cross baked potatoes and green beans on the side.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so i borrowed a recipe from a chicken stir fry for this sauce to go over my chicken thighs.. it is just low fat zesty Italian dressing, brown sugar (was supposed to be honey but I don't have any right now :P), minced garlic and ginger... will throw that over the chicken and bake it...

will serve it with white rice and some steamed stir fry vegies..

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.