Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Leftovers of the chicken and stuffing casserole. My mom is coming to visit tomorrow and I am hoping I can convince her to cook some of her specialties. In the past, that was never a problem, but now, she spends all her time with her grandson and would happily eat Lean Cuisines just to have more time to play with him!!! I'm going to cook for her, but I sure would love to ear her stuffed cabbage or eggplant parmesan, both things I definitely do NOT make as well.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night we had jerk chicken, and I made some extra sauce to pour on the chicken afterwards. I brought it to the table in a gravy boat, and as I did, Gene moved his hand at the same time and knocked it flying! :o So we had jerk sauce all over the carpet! Ugh. Gene was like "just start eating, I'll clean this up..." and I wasn't going to argue, he was very irritated. It took him awhile to clean it up though, and when he sat down again, his supper wasn't as hot as it should have been. He was so upset at himself! It kind of spoiled our dinner, but the food was good and dessert even better. Wow, that NoPudge brownie was good!

Going to have to root again in the freezer...I think maybe some mexican tonight or something. Will have to scrounge.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Last night we had jerk chicken, and I made some extra sauce to pour on the chicken afterwards. I brought it to the table in a gravy boat, and as I did, Gene moved his hand at the same time and knocked it flying! :o So we had jerk sauce all over the carpet! Ugh. Gene was like "just start eating, I'll clean this up..." and I wasn't going to argue, he was very irritated. It took him awhile to clean it up though, and when he sat down again, his supper wasn't as hot as it should have been. He was so upset at himself! It kind of spoiled our dinner, but the food was good and dessert even better. Wow, that NoPudge brownie was good!

Going to have to root again in the freezer...I think maybe some mexican tonight or something. Will have to scrounge.

Oh bah! How annoying for you two! Food sounds good though :)

Well, since it is my Husband's birthday I am going to make a chocolate cake today, I have a whole thing of cocoa - so will make it from scratch. One of his favorite meals is steak - so I will make tbones and probably twice baked potatoes with corn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: OH carla.. that reminds me.. I gave up getting frustrated and throwing hissy fits for Lent ... (I'm a child I know).. but I do overreact at times to little annoying things.. I was do so well until the other day when I chipped a brand new plate in the sink while doing dishes.. I'm fussing and hissy fitting and hubby looks at me with a COMPLETELY straight face and says "so I guess lent's over then is it?"....

AHHHHHHHH :rofl: I threw my wash cloth at him... :bonk:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Oh good - you bought it? pretty awesome eh?

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Timeline
:lol: OH carla.. that reminds me.. I gave up getting frustrated and throwing hissy fits for Lent ... (I'm a child I know).. but I do overreact at times to little annoying things.. I was do so well until the other day when I chipped a brand new plate in the sink while doing dishes.. I'm fussing and hissy fitting and hubby looks at me with a COMPLETELY straight face and says "so I guess lent's over then is it?"....

AHHHHHHHH :rofl: I threw my wash cloth at him... :bonk:

:lol:

Sorry about your carpet, Carla. I didn't have to make dinner yesterday because I was out. Yay! Tonight I think I am just going to throw a pizza in the oven and make a caesar salad. I don't want too much to do because the inlaws are coming tomorrow and I have to make ready. :( Oh. And my husband just told me on his way out the door this morning that he's been called to a mandatory meeting so I will have to pick up his parents at the airport. You have no idea how delighted I am to do that. icon2.gif

:lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline
I made my stand by meal today.. chili cheese dog casserole.. just going to eat it with some tortillas.. I think I am turning more and more Mexican every day :lol:

You and me both! I am so into Mexican, I eat it like 2-3 times per week. Every day if I could!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight I fried some chicken, roasted some potatoes and steamed some broccoli and cauliflower. It was good but man, frying chicken is a mess! It's not easy, that's for sure! The things I do for my southern man! :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

They are absolutely divine! I loved them. I bought the "regular". I noticed they had raspberry and mint as well. A definite keeper.

Last night we had tamales and enchiladas. I didn't have a spanish rice mix like I thought I had, and this was just before supper, so I ended up just making some red beans and rice. I hate using the mixes, but it was so close to supper-time it was that, or no rice at all.

Again I'll have to look what's in the freezer lol although today I have to pick up some groceries so if something tickles my fancy, I'll pick it up and have THAT for supper!

I also made yesterday some almond meal low carb muffins with blueberries. I LOVE this recipe. I don't know if I posted it before, so if anyone wants it, let me know and I'll repost it. Only has 5 grams of carb per muffin.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Stopping at Costco and picking up some big steaks, then BBQ!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I'm leaning towards picking up some of Mike's bbq'd chicken and collard greens and having that with baked macaroni and cheese. My inlaws don't eat most of the things that I/we eat. I may have mentioned that before. :hehe:

What do you mean they don't eat most of the things I/we eat? What do they eat???

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline
I'm leaning towards picking up some of Mike's bbq'd chicken and collard greens and having that with baked macaroni and cheese. My inlaws don't eat most of the things that I/we eat. I may have mentioned that before. :hehe:

What do you mean they don't eat most of the things I/we eat? What do they eat???

They eat southern-style food, which I don't really care for. Lots of sweet stuff with lots of fried stuff with lots of bread stuff. I tend to cook in a more European manner. I added the "we" in there because my husband has learned to enjoy these types of foods now, also.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.