Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I am starting to get a craving for perogies.. I havne't ahd any in ages..

they only sell them in small packages for too much money at the grocery store.. I might have to break down and make them from scratch ..:P

Do you have Wegmans by you? They have the BEST perogies, lots of different kinds, and the price is right!

I wouldn't know where to start to make homemade ones.... I'd just as well buy them at Wegmans, mine wouldn't be better!

nope no wegmans... :(

I have made them from scratch a few times.. not that hard.. just a little time consuming..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perogies from scatch are way better than any you can buy in the store! :yes:

I was going to have roasted red pepper soup last night with chicken and cheese pockets that I make, but Gene saw a coupon from JimmieJohn's, a subshop that opened up here so we had that. I had a tuna one. They put on alfalpha sprouts which I hadn't had in ages and it was very good. Nothing unique about the place though, so I doubt we'll go back.

Tonight I'll make what we were originally going to have last night!

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I took my mom to the Silk City Diner in Philly lastnight, its basically the best diner in the city according to some and it did live up to its standard. Then on the way home my mom asked to stop at whole foods and she bought stuff to make a stir fry tonight, so its moms home cooking tonight MMM!

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had Quiznos last night - it was good. We are basically down to no groceries :lol: Mike keeps going to stop at the store on his way home and then something comes up, like a house viewing or us going to drive by a house or like last night he was in a meeting for an hour and a half after work.

We do have some tomato soup though :lol: (British no less!) - so if nothing else, that will be dinner tonight!

We had Quiznos last night - it was good. We are basically down to no groceries :lol: Mike keeps going to stop at the store on his way home and then something comes up, like a house viewing or us going to drive by a house or like last night he was in a meeting for an hour and a half after work.

We do have some tomato soup though :lol: (British no less!) - so if nothing else, that will be dinner tonight!

One of the reasons we probably won't go back to JimmieJohn's subs is partially because we enjoy Quizno's. I like toasted subs, and Jimmie's didn't have that.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
I took my mom to the Silk City Diner in Philly lastnight, its basically the best diner in the city according to some and it did live up to its standard. Then on the way home my mom asked to stop at whole foods and she bought stuff to make a stir fry tonight, so its moms home cooking tonight MMM!

OMG that's funny, my sister called me last week and said I have to take her to the Silk City Diner when she comes at Easter, because she saw it on the food network and it looked amazing. So it's really good? I can't wait to go!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

OMG that's funny, my sister called me last week and said I have to take her to the Silk City Diner when she comes at Easter, because she saw it on the food network and it looked amazing. So it's really good? I can't wait to go!!

Omg thats so funny because I was going to PM you and ask you if you wanted to go there on some Friday or Saturday night! Perhaps when the weather gets nice! Its awesome! They make great martinis I have heard... couldn't drink yesterday because I was with my mom. :P

Its like a diner with a night club feel. Very cool!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Omg thats so funny because I was going to PM you and ask you if you wanted to go there on some Friday or Saturday night! Perhaps when the weather gets nice! Its awesome! They make great martinis I have heard... couldn't drink yesterday because I was with my mom. :P

Its like a diner with a night club feel. Very cool!

Awesome!! Yeah we should meet there sometime, I checked out the website when she told me about it and looks gooood!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Timeline

Haha. I love your Easter "bunny", Marilyn. :lol:

TACOS stand n stuff :dance:

I was looking at this and thinking "A taco place where you stand and stuff your face? A taco stand where you stuff your own?" I'm not a taco person so I was completely baffled until I remembered a commercial where it has a flat bottom so I figured that's what you must be talking about. :lol:

Do you have Wegmans by you? They have the BEST perogies, lots of different kinds, and the price is right!

Stop rubbing it in!!!! :bonk::crying:

No idea what we're having this evening. Though I am currently leaning towards a light Italian pasta. Hmm. Maybe with clams.

iagree.gif

Timeline
Haha. I love your Easter "bunny", Marilyn. :lol:

TACOS stand n stuff :dance:

I was looking at this and thinking "A taco place where you stand and stuff your face? A taco stand where you stuff your own?" I'm not a taco person so I was completely baffled until I remembered a commercial where it has a flat bottom so I figured that's what you must be talking about. :lol:

Stop rubbing it in!!!! :bonk::crying:

No idea what we're having this evening. Though I am currently leaning towards a light Italian pasta. Hmm. Maybe with clams.

:lol: A taco place where you stand and stuff your face sounds awesome!! But you're right, it's a hard taco shell with a flat bottom so your goodies don't spill out all over the plate.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

am I the only one who likes no-bake cheesecake..?? not the jello cheesecake stuff.. just cream cheese mixed with dream whip and powdered sugar... :unsure:

oh and thanks Krikit.. I like him too.... lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
I'm craving something noodly. Maybe some pad thai or yakisoba...

PAD THAI! I have yet to find good pad thai here. I am so excited to go home next week and go to my favourite thai restaurant :dance:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

I'm a little sad today.. not sure why... just feeling blue.. :unsure: wonder if hubby will go for take out tonite :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.