Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

You guys have me wanting pizza for supper.. mmmmm pizza.. all your tales of homemade pizza..

i think I shall make some!! YUMMY! :thumbs:

Hey, I didn't see this until this morning, but that's what I ended up making last night! It was VERY good. Put on onions, green and red peppers, turkey pepperoni, italian sausage, bacon mmmmmmmmm it was so good. Had a nice salad on the side.

Tonight I'm thinking of kielbasa bow tie skillet, with red peppers and snow peas. Yummers.

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tonight I am making Mexican Taco stew. I got the recipe from the Whole Foods website- it is really good. I think I posted a link to the recipe on a previous page but it is really easy to find on the WW website.

Tonight I am making Mexican Taco stew. I got the recipe from the Whole Foods website- it is really good. I think I posted a link to the recipe on a previous page but it is really easy to find on the WW website.

You did MissStacey, and I made it a few days after you posted it. It was VERY good! Thanks for the recipe.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I made stew on Sunday and pork chops last night.

So now I have left over pork chops and stew!

I think I should freeze the stew and make fried rice with some pork tonight! Think I will go make the rice right now so it can be refridgerated.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I am making this for dinner tonight... found it on the Kraft site...

Slow-Cooker Tex-Mex Chicken

1 lb. (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips

2 Tbsp. (1/2 of 35-g pkg.) taco seasoning mix

2 Tbsp. flour

1 each: green and red pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips

1 cup frozen corn

1-1/2 cups chunky salsa

1 cup KRAFT Tex Mex Shredded Cheese

TOSS chicken with seasoning and flour in slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese; cover with lid.

COOK on LOW for 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours).

STIR just before serving. Top with the shredded cheese.

Kraft Kitchens Tips:

Serve spooned over hot cooked rice. Garnish with sliced green onions and chopped cilantro.

*Cover and refrigerate any leftovers up to 3 days. To reheat, cook in skillet on medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve wrapped in flour tortillas.

I just read the funniest review of this recipe...

I was disappointed by this recipe. Maybe my expectations were a bit high, but it tasted like nothing more than chicken cooked in salsa. There is nothing wrong with this recipe if that's what you're looking for, but I won't be making it again.

um yeah that is what the recipe is.. chicken cooked in salsa :lol:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Ok, just discovered that we don't have enough rice to make fried rice - anyone ever make it with no rice, how was it? :hehe:

That's TOO funny. How do you make fried rice with not rice? LOLOLOLOL What did you end doing? :lol::lol:

I made that kielbasa skillet supper with snow peas and broccoli. I called my neighbour because I saw her car home and she sounded very sick. Much to my surprise, she had had a hysterectomy on Friday and just got home from the hospital on Monday. I told her I would bring over supper, so just doubled what I made last night, with a loaf of garlic bread and took it over.

Tonight? I have no friggin idea!

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey that's nice Carla! I do not even know what my neighbours look like. Except the woman kitty-corner across the street who introduced herself to me.

Well we ended up having Boston Market chicken - it was good. Mike picked it up on the way home, we threw it in the oven and took off to look at that house.

Needless to say, no one has done any shopping in the last 24 hours, so no idea what's for dinner, although I could make quesidillas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I decided to make some guacamole to go with the tacos... I went and THOUGHT I bought all the ingredients... I did except I forgot the lime.

So I am going to try using sprite. :P

Wish me luck.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
So I decided to make some guacamole to go with the tacos... I went and THOUGHT I bought all the ingredients... I did except I forgot the lime.

So I am going to try using sprite. :P

Wish me luck.

Good luck! I love guac, it's so damn good. Today I bought some at Trader Joe's, it's so fresh and taste homemade!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Well last night Gene came home from work and I suggested we eat out. I had taken some beef tenderloin out of the freezer, but a little too late and it was still frozen. So, he suggested Tuckers Place, which I've been to once before and had the most fantastic steak. We went there, and had the same thing again. We took half home for lunch today! Tonight I think I want to finish up some leftovers before maybe grilling those tenderloins on Friday. Think I still have some rice casserole, orange chicken and that broccoli and snow pea pasta left.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
:rofl: I just called it quac.

you are just about the funniest person I know gal!! :star:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.