Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, yesterday I found this cauliflower cheese pizza crust to make. I just had to try it. I loved it! I'm counting carbs, so no bread is ideal for me. It was thin and crispy, although I'd prefer it crispier, but was a real hit.

Tonight I'm thinking that turkey meatloaf. LOL Or maybe turkey chili...I HAVE to use up that ground turkey!

Carla.. you are amazing.. thanks so much for this.. i crave pizza ALL the time, but have been trying for so long to stay away from bread.. I'm SO going to try this tonite..

Merci!!!! :thumbs:

How are you going to make it if you don't have the recipe? :blink:

Here it is...and with pics too! Mmmmmm it was SO good!

http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Carb-Exa...its-Wow-in-Gold

Tee hee Carla.. I had already found it .. just googled it and the recipe you just listed popped right up :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
KFC doesn't taste that great in Canada either :lol:

:wow: say it ain't so... the coleslaw?? OH MY.. I :luv: their coleslaw in Canada..

I LOVE dirty bird in Canada (and in Jamaica, but it's completely different there too)...

I am talking about the chicken... :P the only thing I like about KFC is the cole slaw ...lol I always found KFC chicken far too salty... ugh

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure what we are gonna have for supper tonight, my husband has announced that he is surprising me with a little road trip to celebrate our anniversary! yay! So I will report back tomorrow with our culinary adventures :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
Not sure what we are gonna have for supper tonight, my husband has announced that he is surprising me with a little road trip to celebrate our anniversary! yay! So I will report back tomorrow with our culinary adventures :)

Happy Anniversary!! :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, happy anniversary Cassie! I wonder where you guys will end up, sounds like a fun night :)

Timeline

tried the pizza Carla.. in typical fashion I did a little "experimenting" with the crust and it was a little gooey, but it was SOOOO yummy.

the best thing about it was that I got to have a friend over for supper with loads of food allergies, but could eat the pizza.. SO it was great to finally be able to share a meal with her! Yeah!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Happy Anniversary Cassie :)

I had a frozen Weight Watchers meal tonight. I ended up working until 10 pm and that was all I had in the office. Not at all satisfying. I had such a crisis filled work week that comfort food would have been lovely. Oh well, at least I will be eating yummy Thai food tomorrow night.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Happy Anniversary Cassie! (F) We'd love to know how you spent it! E...I'm so glad that your friend could eat it! What changes did you make? For anyone that can't have bread or is eating low carb, it's the ideal alternative. trailmix...you got a breadmaker! I have one too. I hope the novelty doesn't wear off too soon for you! Did you get a good recipe book with it?

I made turkey chili last night for supper that was delicious. We'll be having it for leftovers.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

We're making homemade raviolis tonight. Mike got a pasta machine a few years ago and we decided to finally use it.

Then we're going to best buy to look at GIANT tvs. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Happy Anniversary Cassie!

Well tonight we had left over roast chicken, cous cous done in chicken broth, spinach and golden hubbard squash baked in the shells with butter and real maple syrup. I'm stuffed!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, happy anniversary Cassie! I wonder where you guys will end up, sounds like a fun night :)

thanks everyone -- 4 years has flown by fast :)

Ok, so we ended up driving up north to Lawrence, Kansas (home of the University of Kansas, and The Yarn Barn, an amazing knitting/spinning/weaving store). I have always wanted to go to the Yarn Barn, so he booked a suite with a jacuzzi tub and off we went.

Friday lunch was Mexican in Bartlesville. The DH used to work there and raved about this particular Mexican restaurant. He had chicken quesadillas, I had some kind of combo plate. He was so happy (it was pretty good, he let me have a forkful), but I was underwhelmed, my combo plate wasn't anything to write home about.

Friday night was italian, at a place in Lawrence. I would call it a fancier version of Olive Garden. Salad was great, bruschetta was excellent, breadsticks were fabulous. DH had sirloin and fettucine alfredo, both of which were excellent. I had angel hair pasta with basil pesto, and garlic rosemary chicken, which again was disappointing. The chicken was dry, and the pasta was more oily than pesto-ey, if that makes sense.

Today's lunch was chips (yeah yeah, not so nutritious :P), supper was barbeque in Bartlesville -- again, not bad. Their special sauce was delish, I must say.

Food speaking, the weekend was meh. Now, the rest of it was pretty good, I must say -- had lots of fun at the Yarn Barn (oh, how I need to win Publisher's Clearing House!), and at the used bookstore, and our suite was pretty nice too, so we had a good time :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Bee and I went to an Italian restaurant tonight for dinner - our calamari appetizer was underwhelming, his entree was good, mine wasn't. Then we headed to the brother-in-law's and played Wii and ate Dibs ice cream for dessert. :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.