Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Zuchinni Sausage Squares

Just wanted to say that when I read this recipe it made my mouth water...so I made it the other night. It was yummy delicious! :) I definitely will make this again.....may even try it w/ turkey sausage.

-P

Oh good. I love testimonials!

can I come over to someone's house for dinner?? pretty please with a cherry on top!!

I can bring some homemade brownies....

Did you say brownies? You're in!!!

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I ended up having hotdogs :P sooo not what I wanted... :unsure:

I like hotdogs. :thumbs: But the big question is.... what did your husband have and does he know that he was in the "doghouse". :lol:

I like hotdogs too but we have had them a lot the last couple of weeks :P

he had hotdogs too.... he talked his way out of the doghouse :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Last night, we had chicken breasts marinated in lemon and lime juice, mustard and spices, then dredged in Panko crumbs and baked. Oh, and mashed sweet potatoes and corn. So tasty :)

Tonight, it's pancakes in honour of Shrove Tuesday!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

hubby isn't a big pancake fan but he loves French toast... so maybe that is what we will have for dinner tonight... :thumbs:

just need to pick up some milk and some sausages or bacon....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

We are having bruschetta chicken ... chicken marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette, broiled (usually grilled but it is too freaking cold outside!), then topped with bruschetta topping and shredded parmesan cheese. Will have a salad and crusty bread with this.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
We had pasta with alfredo sauce, ceasar salad, some great bread and some wine :whistle:

I had wine too! Plus salmon and 4 cheese risotto and steamed carrots and turnip greens. I like having my wine while I cook, though. Maybe that's why I enjoy cooking so much. :unsure:

Aye, wine while cooking is most excellent! Makes cooking even more interesting. :D

Hubby is working tonight (sigh) so I'm guessing sammiches...maybe a cheese quesedilla (sp). Hmmm...alfredo sauce...anyone got a good one (translate that to mean easy)?

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

Uhoh..... does popcorn count as dinner???? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Naaah - in all seriousness, I am making baby steps in Indian food still. toniteeee and to lift the redhead's spirits (drum roll, please) we will have Iranian rice with cashews and Chettinad chicken --- bring on the spices people~~~~ wooohoooooo :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline
We had pasta with alfredo sauce, ceasar salad, some great bread and some wine :whistle:

I had wine too! Plus salmon and 4 cheese risotto and steamed carrots and turnip greens. I like having my wine while I cook, though. Maybe that's why I enjoy cooking so much. :unsure:

Aye, wine while cooking is most excellent! Makes cooking even more interesting. :D

Hubby is working tonight (sigh) so I'm guessing sammiches...maybe a cheese quesedilla (sp). Hmmm...alfredo sauce...anyone got a good one (translate that to mean easy)?

this looks good...

Easy Alfredo Sauce

1/2 cup butter

8 ounces cream cheese (best room temp)

2 tablespoons flour

2 cups whole milk (cream or half and half)

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

salt and pepper (lower fat version)

1/2 cup butter (margarine just doesn't work)

8 ounces low-fat cream cheese

2 cups skim milk

4 tablespoons flour

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

salt and pepper

1. Melt butter over low heat (do not burn or sauce will take on nutty flavor).

2. With a whisk, mix in the cream cheese and whisk until completely combined. (At first it will seem like it won't combine, but keep stirring until it does).

3. Add milk and flour and continue to whisk.

4. Once it heats up and is smooth add parmesan cheese and salt and pepper and stir to combine.

5. Let it sit for a few minute to thicken.

6. Lower fat recipe. Follow directions above--it will be slightly thinner, but will thicken upon standing.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

well, hubby ended up making himself dinner tonight while I was trying to figure out what to make for us :wacko: I got mad and said I wasn't going to eat then... :P

I broke down though and made myself a pasta salad with chicken... it actually was quite good...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since I work at night on Wednesday...I will cook before I leave..something very easy and quick..Salsa Chicken one of our faves..

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix

1 1/2 cups salsa

1 cup shredded cheese

2 tablespoons sour cream

Preheat oven to 375...Spread about 1/2 cup of the salsa on the bottom of a baking dish..Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts and pour remaining salsa over all..Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear...Sprinkle evenly with cheese and bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve...usually serve it with a nice salad and warm tortillas..mmmmm

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.