• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I made pop up pancakes for breakfast this morning and served them with syrup.. mmm they were yummy... they are somehwat similar to yorkshire puddings..

Pop Up Pancake Recipe - makes 24 muffins or fills a 9×13 baking pan

* 1 cup milk

* 1 cup flour

* 6 eggs

* 1/4 cup melted butter

* dash salt

Preheat oven at 400*

I like to blend all the ingredients in my blender. I have tried to whisk it or even use the electic mixer, but it seems to get the most smooth with a blender. Then grease your muffin tins or baking pan. My mom likes to bake these in a jelly roll pan.

Bake them for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top. Use a knife to pry them out, hopefully they were greased well enough and should pop right out.

Now they are ready for toppings. I love syrup, powdered sugar, and fruit. We usually load it all on and dive in. What do you use to top your pancakes with? Maybe peanut butter or honey?

http://www.makeandtakes.com/pop-up-pancakes#comment-5943

I tried these tonite with rice milk.. give you the report in the am - they are just in the oven right now :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
I tried these tonite with rice milk.. give you the report in the am - they are just in the oven right now :)

Okay.. so those were amazing :) Mmmmmm turned out well with the rice milk, but they stuck terribly to the muffin tins (i used mini muffin tins). I 1/2'd the recipe and hubby & i ate the whole lot of them! :blush:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay.. so those were amazing :) Mmmmmm turned out well with the rice milk, but they stuck terribly to the muffin tins (i used mini muffin tins). I 1/2'd the recipe and hubby & i ate the whole lot of them! :blush:

did you spray the pans?

those are the bomb.. I have made them twice now and hubby even asked If I could make them yesterday but I didn't have eggs or milk.. I think they are going to become a regular weekend thing for us....

yeah I usually halve the recipe and it makes about a dozen in the regular sized muffin pan with about just over an 1/8 cup of batter in each tin...

oh and I also throw the pan in the oven while it is heating and then right before I am ready to bake the pancake popovers I pull the pans out and spray them and then put the batter in them...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
oh and I also throw the pan in the oven while it is heating and then right before I am ready to bake the pancake popovers I pull the pans out and spray them and then put the batter in them...

Oh that's a good idea... I did spray these puppies.. but i'm not sure if it's my tins, using rice milk that made the difference or if i baked them just a bit too long or what happened. I'm asking for reg. sized muffin tins for my birthday so that we can try these out for real. :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ribs on the bbq!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I 29F sent to VSC FEB 7, 2008 (K1)

Packet 3 recieved in May sometime

Medical done June 10/08

Packet 3 documents completed and sent out July 08/ 08

Packet 4 received July 28 (letter dated July 21)

Interview Aug 15, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!!!

Received Visa in mail Aug 20!

Moved to NY Dec 6, 2008!!!

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

NOAs for all dated Mar 20/09

HONEYMOON in DisneyWorld: Mar 21-29

Biometrics appt: Apr 8/09

"Welcome to USA" Letter received May 19/09

Green Card received May 26/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

tiki masala here :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
you should try those pop up pancakes, karen.. they are sooo good...

We definitely plan on doing that. Joel likes his pancakes with just butter. He eats his French Toast with melted cheese too.

Not sure about tonight...nothing heavy I'm thinking. Gotta go look in the freezer I guess.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

I'm going to try those pancakes some day. They look yummy.

Last night we had smoked pork chops, baked sweet potato, corn, beets, and asparagus. I have no idea what we'll have this evening. It depends if we head out and how late we get back. I might take the day off. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm going to try those pancakes some day. They look yummy.

Last night we had smoked pork chops, baked sweet potato, corn, beets, and asparagus. I have no idea what we'll have this evening. It depends if we head out and how late we get back. I might take the day off. lol

We decided to order pizza hut last night, well the pizza, not the whole franchise.

So I make up the order online - 90 minute delivery time - whattttttttt!!

I called and cancelled the order and we had frozen pizza instead.

Oh and look what they have now - wonder how many calories in this puppy :lol:

macaroniandcheese.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

on the weekend we get kind of lazy and have stuff like sandwiches and canned soup..

although lately I have been making a good breakfast on at least on day of the weekend.. like yesterday we and those pop up pancakes with some scrambled eggs and toasted bagels with cream cheese... mmm yum...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
macaroniandcheese.jpg

My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. I'm assuming that says "Bacon!" and not "Baconi".

We stopped at Backyard Burger and had.... well.... burgers. Tonight I had in mind to make a steak and mushroom pie with broccoli and potatoes, but I really don't feel like making anything at all. Pizza would be nice but my husband makes a face every time I suggest it. Maybe I'll just make it and tough titties.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

nothing too wild here--just sausages from a small german deli!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.