• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

mmm, the fries were so good... nice and crispy on the outside and the inside was cooked but nice and fluffy.... yum yum!!!

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We went to Wendy's last night...it was good. Not sure about tonight though. We really need to go food shopping as my creativity is being stretched mighty thin these days! What I thought about doing was creating a menu and shopping for what we need to cook each meal. *sigh* Trying to find ways of cutting expenses is also a creative process too! :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We went to Wendy's last night...it was good. Not sure about tonight though. We really need to go food shopping as my creativity is being stretched mighty thin these days! What I thought about doing was creating a menu and shopping for what we need to cook each meal. *sigh* Trying to find ways of cutting expenses is also a creative process too! :)

Nota bad idea at all - when it was just me and my daughter, we kind of flew by the seatof our pants. I planned ahead, but not always for a specific meal. It actually got pretty boring - basically I made the same 10 things with like frozen pizza and KD thrown in every so often

My mum has always been the one to sit down down each Weds night to look at the grocery flyers and plans a week's worth of meals based on what's on special. She's a great cook and has a variety of yummy things. She makes her list and even posts the dinner list so that if you want to know what's coming up she points you to it! I guess at some point she got sick of us asking :yes:

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

my mom has a system set up... like she will have ground beef on Mondays, Soup on Sundays, chicken on Thursdays etc... and then she picks from her collection of tried and true recipes...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ok, I took out some chicken drumsticks for din-din tonight... I am thinking of making ugly naked chicken but then I would have to make rice so we could put the sauce over the rice but I was thinking of doing something with potatoes... so maybe I will do something else with the chicken..

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pizza for dinner tonight, Pizza Hut, stuff your crust for free! So that is what we are having, have never had the stuffed crust before - but I'm going for the cheese this time. Since I had the pizza with no cheese that one time and this one will have extra cheese - it balances out....right? :unsure:

I think we are just going to have appys tonight .... have to go to the store and pick up some ingredients for appetizers I am making for Super Bowl tomorrow .... tonight, I think I might try a couple other recipes just to see if I should add them to my recipe list.

For tomorrow:

7 Layer dip and tortilla chips

salami and roast beef roll-ups (for the salami, I mix cream cheese with chopped pepperocini peppers. For the roast beef, cream cheese with horseradish, then I stuff the meats with the filling, roll up and cut into bite size pieces.) ... I LOVE these and it SUCKS I can't eat them now, but am making them for hubby.

Tonight, I think we will have veggies and dip (maybe a dill dip), clam dip (with veggies for me and of course chips for the guys) and a hot Mexican cheese dip with ground beef. Notice a theme here ... I am trying out lots of dip recipes :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

ok this is what I am going to make.. never made it before but it got a bunch of good reviews... oh and I think I am going to make some potato wedgies to go with them...

Marinated chicken drumsticks

1/4 cup ketchup

2-3 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1/4 cup oil

12 chicken drumsticks (or thighs, or legs...)

1. Mix first four ingredients.

2. Marinate chicken overnight, (or at least several hours).

3. Broil over medium coals for 45-60 minutes, or bake for 1 hour@ 350

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Slow cooker meal tonight!! Super easy roast!! throw in some carrots, 3 potatoes cubes, few celery stalks chopped up,, onion all diced up, 1 or 2 pkgs of dry onion soup mix 1 or so cups of water, sal/pepper to taste and 8-10 hrs in slow cooker!! too easy!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.