Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah , making them is a lot of work.. so i don't make them very often.. I think the last time was a few years ago....

sometimes you can buy them already made and frozen at the grocery store..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

thats what some one here at work just told me :whistle:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

JillA - you're welcome for dinner anytime:-)

These pierogies were frozen - potato and cheese kind- but they are quite good. You can also boil them if you don't want to pan-fry them and are worried about extra fat.

Last night I did stuffed zucchini again - had another 18" monster zucchini:-). Browned ground beef with onions, added the chopped zucchini innards scooped from the shell, added garlic chopped and then the rest of the left over vodka cream spaghetti sauce from the night before and threw in a small package of corn bread mix, hehehe. Spread it in the scooped out zucchini, topped them with sliced fresh tomatoes, then baked them at 350 for an hour. Joe and I had left overs for lunch and there is still half a zucchini half for later:-).

Tonight I'm doing something simple - salad plates (ok, took a quick break from writing this message to put the potatoes on for potato salad). So, Blue Cheese Potato Salad, devilled eggs, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes with cottage cheese salad, cold ham and fresh pumpernickel bread.

I don't do measurements well so I will approximate - here is the Blue Cheese Potato Salad:

4 potatoes cubed, boiled until soft,

add in 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 Tbsp parsley; 1 tabspoon Mrs. Dash's spicy blend; 1/2 tsp celery seed; 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper;

add 1 small can sliced water chestnuts; 1/2 cup diced celery; 1/2 cup chopped green onion or chives,

Add Blue Cheese salad dressing - enough to blend everything together nicely without being too wet

Stir together

Sprinkle with paprika to serve.

Makes 4 servings; can be served warm or chilled.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I was going to make a stir fry for dinner but I just got an awesome haircut and I dn't want to waste it by hanging out at home :P

I am thinking that we might go to TGI Fridays..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

we had chicken drizzled with olive oil & Montreal (YEAH) steak spice and then b'bqued, corn on the cob, chibatta bread and chevre cheese.. mmmmmm

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
JillA - you're welcome for dinner anytime:-)

These pierogies were frozen - potato and cheese kind- but they are quite good. You can also boil them if you don't want to pan-fry them and are worried about extra fat.

Last night I did stuffed zucchini again - had another 18" monster zucchini:-). Browned ground beef with onions, added the chopped zucchini innards scooped from the shell, added garlic chopped and then the rest of the left over vodka cream spaghetti sauce from the night before and threw in a small package of corn bread mix, hehehe. Spread it in the scooped out zucchini, topped them with sliced fresh tomatoes, then baked them at 350 for an hour. Joe and I had left overs for lunch and there is still half a zucchini half for later:-).

Tonight I'm doing something simple - salad plates (ok, took a quick break from writing this message to put the potatoes on for potato salad). So, Blue Cheese Potato Salad, devilled eggs, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes with cottage cheese salad, cold ham and fresh pumpernickel bread.

I don't do measurements well so I will approximate - here is the Blue Cheese Potato Salad:

4 potatoes cubed, boiled until soft,

add in 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 Tbsp parsley; 1 tabspoon Mrs. Dash's spicy blend; 1/2 tsp celery seed; 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper;

add 1 small can sliced water chestnuts; 1/2 cup diced celery; 1/2 cup chopped green onion or chives,

Add Blue Cheese salad dressing - enough to blend everything together nicely without being too wet

Stir together

Sprinkle with paprika to serve.

Makes 4 servings; can be served warm or chilled.

Thanks Kathryn :D Actually I am having my Dad and stepmom over for dinner on Sunday, I am really digging that blue cheese potato salad and I think I will make that MMMM!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Thanks Kathryn :D Actually I am having my Dad and stepmom over for dinner on Sunday, I am really digging that blue cheese potato salad and I think I will make that MMMM!!

Ah, cool! Yes, I think you will really like it - it is Joe's favourite and quite tasty:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Joel grilled pork chops last night and I made a homemade mac n cheese dish. We had mixed veggies to round off the meal. It was the first time since Wednesday that I felt like being off the sofa and actually doing anything! Just because outpatient surgery is quick doesn't mean the recovery time is. :) However, it has been nice being sofa bound...I've been pampered and treated like a princess. As for supper tonight...no idea. Joel and Anna are going to the supermarket later...we'll see what they bring home. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Joel grilled pork chops last night and I made a homemade mac n cheese dish. We had mixed veggies to round off the meal. It was the first time since Wednesday that I felt like being off the sofa and actually doing anything! Just because outpatient surgery is quick doesn't mean the recovery time is. :) However, it has been nice being sofa bound...I've been pampered and treated like a princess. As for supper tonight...no idea. Joel and Anna are going to the supermarket later...we'll see what they bring home. :D

Outpatient surgery? :blink: I had no idea Karen. Hope everything is looking and feeling much better! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Outpatient surgery? :blink: I had no idea Karen. Hope everything is looking and feeling much better! (F)

Thanks for asking Carla. :) I had a laparoscopy on my ovaries and uterus and he went through my tummy/belly button area. The dr found cysts and endometriosis. I knew about the cysts but the endometriosis was a surprise. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and I've had this surgery twice now. I'm feeling better, enough to get up and move around and do a little cooking. Can't do any shopping though...too much walking.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
Thanks for asking Carla. :) I had a laparoscopy on my ovaries and uterus and he went through my tummy/belly button area. The dr found cysts and endometriosis. I knew about the cysts but the endometriosis was a surprise. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and I've had this surgery twice now. I'm feeling better, enough to get up and move around and do a little cooking. Can't do any shopping though...too much walking.

OOOOH Karen.. i had the same procedure same results.. I have POS as well.. It hurt A LOT that little incision and did for quite some time. It is because they go through so many layers when they make that incision.. it's amazing how much that little cut hurt (and did hurt for quite some time).. Thoughts go with you as you heal my friend.. keep that pillow close (I hugged a pillow for quite some time- the stability of the pillow helped me a great deal).. :star:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

OOOOH Karen.. i had the same procedure same results.. I have POS as well.. It hurt A LOT that little incision and did for quite some time. It is because they go through so many layers when they make that incision.. it's amazing how much that little cut hurt (and did hurt for quite some time).. Thoughts go with you as you heal my friend.. keep that pillow close (I hugged a pillow for quite some time- the stability of the pillow helped me a great deal).. :star:

:) Thanks E...believe me, I'm staying as immobile as I can and hugging that pillow close. Thank goodness school doesn't start back for another two weeks. Whew! It IS amazing how these three little cuts can hurt so bloody bad! The worst one is the one in my belly button. The other two are healing nice and barely hurt at all...just itches. Oh well, I am loving all the pampering! :D

Timeline
It IS amazing how these three little cuts can hurt so bloody bad! The worst one is the one in my belly button. The other two are healing nice and barely hurt at all...just itches. Oh well, I am loving all the pampering! :D

I KNOW!!! Crazy huh?? I didn't expect that.. but thankfully it is less intrusive than a lot of surgeries. I once had "exploratory" surgery done on my belly (they thought I had cancer at 21) and i had 20 some staples in my belly for that incision.. THAT took a looongggg time to heal for sure!! UGH.. hang in there girl!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.