• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have decided to make Chicken Mac for dinner..

Make a box of regular mac and cheese according to the directions on the box (you could also use deluxe mac and cheese) and then stir in some cooked chicken, a can of diced or stewed tomatoes (i like using the Italian diced tomatoes) and some basil and oregano.... you can eat it like that or you can throw it in a baking dish and sprinkle some grated cheese on it and bake it in the oven till cheese is melted...

you can also do this recipe with ground beef.... and I also have throw in a jar of salsa instead of the tomatoes.. that is good too...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I love Costco's whole wheat Artisan bread! We always pick up a few loaves when we go - but then we eat it all right away and we don't always get back there for a few more weeks:-(. Ah, well. Tonight is going to be one of my favourites - ratatouille - lots of good fresh vegetables simmered together in herbs and served over noodles- yum!

I can vouch for Kathryn's ratatouille...it is fabulous! :thumbs:

We bought a 50lb bag of wheat berries about a month ago...for $32. Now this same bag is running $49. Need to look for other ways of using wheat berries for something other than just milling. That wheatberry salad thingie sounded good...might have to try it. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

oh yeah, that confirms it! Carla, I am coming for dinner!! :P

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Carla your dinner does sound delicious!

So we had steak, artichokes (frozen, but I cooked them haha) and potato salad. All very good, the steak was HUGE - so we just shared it.

Krikit I hope you haven't eaten the salad yet as we are awaiting the film :hehe:

Edited by trailmix

Came here this morning looking for a picture of Krikit's Cobb Salad! Hmmmmmmm :whistle:

You ladies that were supposed to show up for supper...didn't! :crying: I waited...and waited... :lol:

I truly wish we COULD meet for supper though. With all the fabulous food in this thread, we'd be stuffed!!

So glad you cooked those artichokes trailmix... :lol: You're too funny!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Here's my proof that we DID actually have the cobb salad last night! :lol:

HPIM0369.jpg

Actually, we're going to have to have it again tonight. I made so much of it that we decided to eat only one of them between us and I put the other in the fridge. :blush: But it was really good so that's alright.

Looks delish and have to love the green olives!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

haven't made this in awhile but just wanted to share this recipe.. it is really good...

this is a family favourite...

Rhubarb Crumb Crust Cake with Meringue

Crumbs:

3/4 cup margarine

2 tablespoons white sugar

2 cups flour

Rub above ingredients into crumbs and press into a greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Filling:

2 cups sugar

6 eggs yolks (save egg whites)

3/4 cup milk or cream

4 tablespoons flour

1/8 teaspoon salt

Mix above ingredients and pour over 6 cups of cut up rhubarb. Pour over crust and bake for bout 45 minutes.

Beat the 6 egg whites just stiff. The add 3/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread over rhubarb. Brown in oven. Watch Closely!

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Hubby came home tonight and decided that he should take me out to dinner :) His parents are going to watch the baby so we can have a date!!! I don't care WHAT I eat, it is just nice to be going out.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I made one of my hubby's faves -- marinated chicken dredged in panko bread crumbs and baked, and saffron rice, and corn

I made lots of chicken, so I am heating some up and slicing it on top of a salad -- nothing nearly as fancy and pretty as what I will now call THE Cobb Salad :P

Carla, you live so close (5 hours isn't all that bad!), one of these days I will show up on your doorstep! :D

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We're being lazy....Sonic burgers and fries. We have a Sonic 12 minutes from the house...and they're open til Midnight! ;)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.