Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I had a frozen lemonade and a Smokehouse Turkey Panini...it was yummy :)

Mmmmmmm. I'm suddenly hungry. :lol:

Well, tonight will be Cobb salad night. We didn't have supper last night because my husband was extra delayed at work. So at 11:45pm we were eating cheese on toast with slices of fresh tomatoes from my neighbour's garden. You know.... where you put the cheese on the bread then broil it in the oven. And, no, I wasn't sneaking around the neighbourhood stealing vegetables. :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*sigh* I am down to boneless skinless chicken breast in the freezer and a bone in chuck roast. I will be scouring the recipe sites for some ideas...something different, y'know? I did find some really neat sites.... www.copykat.com and www.razzledazzlerecipes.com. These are good for restaurant clone recipes. I've found some really good ones!

BTW, for anyone with children you might like to check on this: Our local movie theatre shows kids movies in the mornings each Wednesday for free. Of course, they more than make up for it with popcorn and snacks which are pretty expensive, but the movies are recent ones and we're going this morning to see Bee Movie (the one that Jerry Seinfeld does a voice over in) and we might get a popcorn for the two of us to share. Just thought this might be something others could check on in their area, to see if their theatres do this too. Anna is so excited that she was up at 5:30, ready to go! LOL, the movie doesn't start til 10am. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

*sigh* I am down to boneless skinless chicken breast in the freezer and a bone in chuck roast. I will be scouring the recipe sites for some ideas...something different, y'know? I did find some really neat sites.... www.copykat.com and www.razzledazzlerecipes.com. These are good for restaurant clone recipes. I've found some really good ones!

BTW, for anyone with children you might like to check on this: Our local movie theatre shows kids movies in the mornings each Wednesday for free. Of course, they more than make up for it with popcorn and snacks which are pretty expensive, but the movies are recent ones and we're going this morning to see Bee Movie (the one that Jerry Seinfeld does a voice over in) and we might get a popcorn for the two of us to share. Just thought this might be something others could check on in their area, to see if their theatres do this too. Anna is so excited that she was up at 5:30, ready to go! LOL, the movie doesn't start til 10am. :D

Awwwww that's so cute! Enjoy the movie and the special time with your daughter!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Awww. That's awesome that she was so excited. :)

I think the free movie idea is a great one! Do you have to have kids to get into them, though? :lol:

Not sure...maybe you could borrow the neighbour's kid? :D

OK....we're off!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Awww. That's awesome that she was so excited. :)

I think the free movie idea is a great one! Do you have to have kids to get into them, though? :lol:

Not sure...maybe you could borrow the neighbour's kid? :D

OK....we're off!

:lol: My sister used to borrow my kids when she wanted to see a kids movie! :lol: Worked great for me. Have fun!

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

lol at the peanut butter caper krikit - I think I read that originally, but it is still funny!

I actually took out rib eye steak yesterday, but due to having a nap we decided on the pizza hut offerings.

Really we need to go shopping, might have a fresh vegetable in there somewhere.

Actually, this is weird, I made potato salad the day before yesterday, normally I mix everything up, the eggs, mayo, mustard, onions etc and then add the potatoes. I tried the base stuff after mixing and it was rather mustard tangy - but good.

So we eat some for dinner - which was a few hours after I made it and it's - blah, very little flavour at all. I have never had that happen before. Anyway, simple fix, when we finish it - which will probably be with dinner tonight, I will add some more mustard, I just thought it was very strange.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our slow cooker has been so handy....

We'll be eating the leftovers from a recipe I concocted....hubby likes it and so do I! =) The joys of using what's in the fridge! he he he

3-4 beef brisket (fat and membrane removed)

1 16 ounce can of stout beer (hubby had it in the fridge)

1 packet of onion soup

1/4 cup of A1 Steak Sauce

1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce

salt and pepper to taste

We marinaded it over night in the fridge and cooked it on slow for about 8 hours and then 2 hours on high. Yummy!

We added veggies on the side!

Our Timeline:

K-1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2007-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-04-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-08-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-09-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-09-12

Interview Date : 2008-02-13 Montreal U.S. Consulate APPROVED!

Visa Received By Mail : 2008-02-20

Moved: 2008-03-01 The long drive from Canada to Florida!

Applied for SSN : 2008-03-12

Received SSN by mail: 2008-03-21

Wedding Date : 2008-05-03

67Or.jpg.png

AOS, EAD & AP

Sent in AOS, EAD & AP Applications : 2008-05-09

AOS, EAD & AP Applications received by UCIS: 2008-05-12

AOS, EAD & AP NOA1 : 2008-05-16, received in mail 2008-05-20

AOS, EAD NOA2 : 2008-05-21, received in mail 2008-05-27

AOS Case transferred to CA: 2008-06-03

AOS Case being processed: 2008-06-09

Biometrics Interview: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-11

AOS & EAD touched: 2008-06-12

AOS touched: 2008-06-19

AOS Card production ordered: 2008-07-11

AOS Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident: 2008-07-14

AOS touched: 2008-07-16

AOS touched: 2008-07-17

U.S Resident's Card recieved in mail!!!!: 2008-07-18

Timeline

OK...this turned out pretty good, except I didn't add enough salt, and for boneless skinless chicken breast it turned out tender and juicy! I fixed corn and field peas from the freezer. Even my very finicky 9 year old ate this...I am impressed!

Southern Oven Fried Chicken ... recipe at http://www.recipezaar.com/302994

DSCF1033.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried a Kasha frozen dinner (well, 2 actually) that were on sale 2 for $3.00 - lemongrass coconut chicken. Wow, we both enjoyed them - very flavourful and decent sized portions. Unfortunately, they are usually much more expensive than that but I will certainly get them again if I see them on sale.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

We had oven bbq chicken last night, hash brown casserole, and a broccoli, cauliflower salad that was wonderful with shredded carrots and sunflower seeds.

Tonight I'm gong to try my hand at homemade pizzas.

carlahmsb4.gif

Well, we didn't have the Cobb salad AGAIN last night. :lol: My hubby wanted to celebrate something so he scooped me out of the kitchen and took me to dinner at an Icelandic restaurant here in town.... The Frosty Mug. The guys at the bottom of the page on that link were playing..... they were really good. And so was the food. I had the soup of the day - an Icelandic version of clam chowder.... very yummy.... - and we shared the fish & chips and caesar salad. I was STUFFED. :)

front.jpg

Tonight we are having Cobb salad. Seriously. :blush:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, we didn't have the Cobb salad AGAIN last night. :lol: My hubby wanted to celebrate something so he scooped me out of the kitchen and took me to dinner at an Icelandic restaurant here in town.... The Frosty Mug. The guys at the bottom of the page on that link were playing..... they were really good. And so was the food. I had the soup of the day - an Icelandic version of clam chowder.... very yummy.... - and we shared the fish & chips and caesar salad. I was STUFFED. :)

front.jpg

Tonight we are having Cobb salad. Seriously. :blush:

Sure, you keep saying that, but where is the salad I say!!!!

We had steak and shake for dinner last night - tonight I am really making steak....really.

That restaurant looks really cute. Yay for the dinner picture Karen!!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hey I thought Wednesdays was take a picture of your dinner day??? I did remember earlier in the day but then forgot when dinner time rolled around.. I was feeling like ####### anyways... so it just slipped my mind...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.